** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Keef's Horsey Holy Grail

keef75

After feeling bad about hijacking someone else's thread in this part of the forum I thought it would be best to start afresh.  I have something that I have been following for a while - a horse racing selection system.  I know, if you've seen one you've seen them all blah blah blah.  Well, prepare to be amazed haha!

So far there have been 265 selections between January 2017 and today, mainly around the weekends and big festivals etc..  Here are some stats:

Strike rate: 46%
Longest losing run: 9
Longest winning run: 6
Average WIN SP: 2.76 (Betfair: 2.88)
Point profit to level stakes: +71.76 (Betfair: +86.00)

I'm not going to say too much about the selection process - there are 8 base rules - but I will post the selections here.  The only rule you need to know is that the selection MUST START CLEAR FAVOURITE so having access to Betfair or whatever is essential to be able to watch the prices just before the off.  There will be cases where it's too close to call - in these situations I scrap the selection.

As for staking plans, this is where the aforementioned hijacked thread comes into play.  I am currently looking at some quite aggressive plans.

I have the following figures for the first 264 selections (all from a starting bank of £1000):

Level stakes (£10)
26.84% ROI - Current Profit £708 (Normal SP) - Total Staked £2640
32.23% ROI - Current Profit £850 (Betfair SP) - Total Staked £2640

Multiplier on loss (x1.2 previous stake)
25.21% ROI - Current Profit £858 - Total Staked £3405

Percentage bank (1% of bank always)
25.79% ROI - Current Profit £969 - Total Staked £3758

Square root (base stake of £10 plus the square root of the current bank minus start bank)
23.79% ROI - Current Profit £3052 - Total Staked £12831

1-3-2-6 Staking (based on a 1% stake)
27.36% ROI - Current Profit £2803 - Total Staked £10246

Ratchet (1% of current bank increasing over time but never reducing)
26.02% ROI - Current Profit £1017 - Total Staked £3909

Ratchet square root (combination of two above methods)
24.88% ROI - Current Profit £4028 (Normal SP) - Total Staked £16193
27.39% ROI - Current Profit £4873 (Betfair SP) - Total Staked £17794

Incidentally, selection 265 also won but I can't be bothered updating all those figures! 

The plans I will be following on here are:
Level stakes (for control purposes)
Square root
1-3-2-6
Ratchet square root

I'll be posting the selections below as I find them and also running totals.  I'll keep the above totals going but I'll also start from £1000 again for the purposes of this thread so we can all follow it together.  Sometimes there will be conditions for the bet such as 'only qualifies if there are at least 5 runners' or 'only qualifies if xxx is a NR' etc.  Finally I've attached a graph showing how some of the plans have performed.  Hopefully things will continue in a similar manner.

Last thing to say... I'm posting these selections for information only and I can't take any responsibility for losses that might occur from errors or otherwise.  Past performance is not an indicator of future performance for any system!  Let's go!

KAMG1.jpg

Friday, 13th September 2019

2:10 Doncaster - FARZEEN 

Currently 7/2 fav.

4:20 Doncaster - MOLATHAM 

Currently 9/4 2nd fav to the 2/1 fav (Visinari) - don't forget it has to start CLEAR FAVOURITE to be included.  Also 5 runners is the lower limit for a selection.  There are 5 runners in this race so if there are any non-runners this will not be a selection.

For info I use the Sporting Life website to get the selections so I use their odds when selecting (The price doesn't have any bearing on the selections although I did run a filter on price and found a very small improvement to some staking plans when capping the SP but others didn't perform as well).

It's very tight at the top of the 6:50 at Chelmsford City with IBRAZ currently just clear favourite on Betfair (5.3) but the next three (all at 6.0) are all within touching distance.  It's not the best race to start with as it could go any way but it's a pick and if it meets the criteria then I'm going with it (although, for the sake of transparency, I'm still not using real money yet). Again, if there's no clear favourite it'll be a no-bet anyway.

Staking:
Level stakes: £10
Square root: £10
1-3-2-6: £10
Ratchet square root: £10

As this is the first race all four plans are at the base level of £10.  Stakes will change for some plans on the next bet.  

Saturday, 14th September 2019

1:55 Leopardstown - RAVEN'S CRY or BLISSFUL 
Currently 5/2 fav and 7/2 respectively. Only if no non-runners.

2:25 Doncaster - SHINE SO BRIGHT 
Currently 11/8 fav.

2:45 Chelmsford City - WAR GLORY 
Currently 5/1 2nd fav (fav is 9/2).  Only if starts as favourite.

3:00 Doncaster - THREAT 
Currently EVS fav. Only if no non-runners.

3:05 Leopardstown - MOGUL 
Currently 4/11 fav.

3:40 Leopardstown - BUCKHURST 
Currently 9/4 2nd fav (fav is 15/8).  Only if starts as favourite.

4:10 Doncaster - INCINERATOR 
Currently 15/8 fav. Only if no non-runners.

4:15 Leopardstown - HEADMAN or MADHMOON 
Currently 7/2 joint 2nd fav and 6/1 respectively (fav is 15/8).  Only if starts as favourite.

4:50 Leopardstown - LANCASTER HOUSE 
Currently 15/8 fav.

I'm going to struggle to keep up with all these tomorrow so here's a little more information about the staking plans.

Base stake is always £10 and the base percentage is always 1%.

Level Stakes
This is the easiest one.  Simply £10 per bet.

Square Root
This is the base percentage of the current bank (1%) plus the square root of the difference between the current bank and the start bank (£1000) but only when the current bank is in profit.  For example if the current bank is £960 then the stake is £9.60 (1% of the current bank).  If the current bank is £1250 the stake is £12.50 + £15.81 (SQRT of 250)  = £28.31.  Stakes will increase and decrease as the bank goes up and down.

1-3-2-6
Again, using the base percentage of the current bank (1%) but a negative balance doesn't affect the progression through the multipliers. The first stake is 1% of the current bank. If the first selection loses we remain on 1%. After the first winning bet the stake becomes 3% of the current bank.  If this second selection loses we revert back to 1%.  If the second selection wins we then put 2% of the current bank on the third selection.  If the third selection loses we revert back to 1% but if it wins we reach our final step, 6% of the current bank.  If the fourth selection wins or loses we revert back to 1%.  This plan is aggressive and can only really be profitable where there are several winning runs of 4+ bets.

Ratchet Square Root
This is almost exactly the same as the Square Root plan above but with the exception that the stake does not decrease with the current balance (hence the 'ratchet').  For example, the first bet is 1% of the start bank (£10 from a bank of £1000).  If this wins at 4/1 the bank now stands at £1040.  The stake for the next selection will be £10.40 (1%) + £6.32 (SQRT 40) = £16.72.  If this loses the bank is down to £1023.28 but the stake remains at £16.72.

STAKES - Saturday, 14th September 2019

The first bet of the day will be:

Level Stakes: £10.00
Square Root: £13.26
1-3-2-6: £30.30
Ratchet Sq Root: £13.26

It's going to be too hard to keep up with the individual stakes for the races tomorrow as there are so many possibilities.  I'll give a summary after each day's racing.

RESULTS - Saturday, 14th September 2019

1:55 Leopardstown - RAVEN'S CRY or BLISSFUL 
Raven's Cry started 3/1 favourite but failed to deliver finishing 8th of 9. BET and LOSER.

2:25 Doncaster - SHINE SO BRIGHT 
Started 10/11 clear favourite but, again, a poor run finishing 4th of 5. BET and LOSER.

2:45 Chelmsford City - WAR GLORY 
Not close to starting favourite. NO-BET.

3:00 Doncaster - THREAT 
Started 6/5 favourite, not a convincing win but we'll take that. BET and WINNER.

3:05 Leopardstown - MOGUL 
Started 1/2 favourite. BET and WINNER.

3:40 Leopardstown - BUCKHURST 
Started joint favourite, it was clear this wasn't going to be a selection on the run up to the start. NO-BET.

4:10 Doncaster - INCINERATOR 
Didn't start favourite. NO-BET.

4:15 Leopardstown - HEADMAN or MADHMOON 
Neither started as favourite. NO-BET.

4:50 Leopardstown - LANCASTER HOUSE 
Disappointing run in this step-up. BET and LOSER.

POSSIBLE SELECTIONS - Sunday, 15th September 2019

1:55 Curragh - GODDESS or LADY WANNABE or LOVEISTHEHIGHERLAW or WAITINGFORTHEDAY
Currently 4/1 2nd fav (fav is 9/4), 9/1, 14/1 and 16/1 respectively.  Possibility for Goddess but she's going to need a lot of support.

3:35 Curragh PINATUBO or ARMORY
Currently 9/4 fav and 10/3 respectively.  Pinatubo was a winning selection at Goodwood in July.

There are no selections between now and next Friday.  Once Saturday's declarations are up I'll have a look and post the possible selections, if any.

It's been a disappointing start, despite the 50% strike rate, but not to worry I'm sure things will pick up over time.