** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wednesday 9/11

Racing at Laytown on the beach on Wednesday

The Melbourne 10 syndicate owners have leased some runners for the day as well as entering a few of their own runners

400: The Right Choice, Faraasah
435: Monumental Man, My Good Brother, Bellick
510: Ambient, Approbare
540: Monsuier Jimmy, Rippling Waters, Ticks The Boxes
610: Geological, Florencio, Blacklooks
640: Commander Han

images.jpeg

I thought for a while about putting Beni Light up for the 4.20 at Uttoxeter, but have come down on the side of wanting to back him. Now granted he beat very little in his two point wins in May, but he did win them both by a long way. One of the reasons I think he is worth backing is he put up a decent time in the 2nd of those wins and clocked a faster time than Midnight Folie did on the card. Another reason is the fact connections have entered him in a couple of races at Worcester next week one a Class 5 chase and the other a Class 3 hurdle. Obviously he wouldn't get a penalty if he ran in the hurdle, but I just wonder if they are thinking win this and then go for the chase which looks weaker like it will be a fair bit weaker than this. They could also have gone straight to Worcester, but as Class 4's go this doesn't look the strongest heat in the world and Ben Jones taking 7 off means he can basically run off his true handicap mark.

Greybougg is coming down the handicap, but he still needs a tongue-tie after having a wind op which always concerns me because connections clearly are still concerned about his wind. I think the biggest danger comes Midnight Maestro who is down in grade and was 4th in the race Meldrum Lad was 3rd in at Stratford. I think that is a good race and the winner went in again at Stratford on Saturday. He has to give over 2st though to the selection and that might be too much.

Off to Uttoxeter today and this is how i will be playing it...

2.05 1 pt win WEST TO CROSSGALES - 9/2 Fred

2.40 1 pt win CHAMPAGNE MIST - 9/4 Bet 365

3.15 1 pt win ANGEL OF HARLEM - 7/2 Bet 365

3.45 2 pts win DOUBLY CLEVER - 11/4 Bet Vic

4.20 1 pt Lay SAMPSON (Max 4.0) and 1 pt Lay MIDNIGHT MAESTRO (max 3.5)

4.50 2 pts win JAXLIGHT - 11/4 Bet Vic