Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Racehorse Syndicates

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, day 1 of the project The Purchase I have purchased a share in a horse called Last Golden Ticket and it will be trained by Donald McCain The syndicate is part of the Owners Group who

The welcome pack arrived this morning so its starting to feel real now. Can log in now to the members section of the site so should be able to access more info. Word from the yard is that the hor

Hi everyone - my first post after reading Billy Hills post about syndicates. I am 74yo bloke who was a betting shop manager with Mecca Bookmakers in the 80's. I have always been interested in the math

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Donnyflyer said:

Could Tuesday be the day Stan brings his A game to the track ,dropped to 6f at last fingers crossed he puts it together 9/1 bet365..

Has dropped 10lbs in the weights and is now I think running over the trip he seems to need, decent E/W chance, has run ok at Catterick before, not sure what the weather or ground might throw up tomorrow. Also entered at Goodwood later in the week in an apprentice race over 6f.

I have shares in Tambourine Girl, which had been trained by Roger Charlton. She's had a couple of lacklustre runs over the last few months, so it was no surprise to get this email:

"Following Tambourine Girl's disappointing efforts on the track this season, and in light of Roger Charlton's belief that he has done all he can, the decision has been made to move her to Julie Camacho in Malton, North Yorkshire. Julie has an excellent record, particularly with horses who have lost their way, for whatever reason."

I'm actually really pleased she's gone to Julie Camacho: I also have shares in Proclaimer, trained by her, and he's been having some consistently good runs. Julie's reports are always chock full of information about the horse too, more than just the "[name of horse] has developed well and is becoming fairly fit. He enjoys his work..." that I seem to get in the other trainers' reports. 

I'll be really interested to see how Tambourine Girl develops under Julie's tutoring. I suppose it's a shame that Roger Charlton feels "he has done all he can", but I guess this is normal in horse racing??

@Sparky Bear Good luck with Tambourine Girl, i quite like Julie Camacho, she does well with limited ammo.

:ok

Adsaa out tomorrow, Mark Johnston says he hopes the ground dries up a bit, i think that speaks volumes. I'm sure he has something in mind back on the AW when the handicap mark is right, hope he goes well. If he doe run well then I suppose it opens up a few options on softer ground?

😉

On 8/26/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sparky Bear said:

I have shares in Tambourine Girl, which had been trained by Roger Charlton. She's had a couple of lacklustre runs over the last few months, so it was no surprise to get this email:

"Following Tambourine Girl's disappointing efforts on the track this season, and in light of Roger Charlton's belief that he has done all he can, the decision has been made to move her to Julie Camacho in Malton, North Yorkshire. Julie has an excellent record, particularly with horses who have lost their way, for whatever reason."

I'm actually really pleased she's gone to Julie Camacho: I also have shares in Proclaimer, trained by her, and he's been having some consistently good runs. Julie's reports are always chock full of information about the horse too, more than just the "[name of horse] has developed well and is becoming fairly fit. He enjoys his work..." that I seem to get in the other trainers' reports. 

I'll be really interested to see how Tambourine Girl develops under Julie's tutoring. I suppose it's a shame that Roger Charlton feels "he has done all he can", but I guess this is normal in horse racing??

To be fair to Roger Charlton he could have made bland reassuring noises about your horse and continued to collect the training fees - I don't think being honest should be a source of criticism.

Anyway good luck with your filly for the future.

14 hours ago, BillyHills said:

I see Elite Racing have started a new club.

Elite Club Syndicates

Its the same owners as Owners Group and Axiom and it looks like it's the same sort of model too

https://www.elitesyndicates.co.uk/Home/BuyAShare

First horse with Paul Nicholls

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 16.19.59.png

I was a member for a few years but seemed to go downhill after Marsha was sold & although Judicial is a star they've not much else other than the Frankel juvenile to get excited about .

Have to say their breeding programme is good & no doubt they'll come good again !

Edited by calva decoy
Spelling error

Hi, recently came across this thread, I ve also got shares with OG, in Kodiac Pride and Bridgetown, however, next flat season Im looking at expanding with a bigger share. Has anybody got any experience of the syndicates that offer 2.5%+ shares, Nick Bradley, Hambleton, Axom etc. What is the set up like, stable visits, feedback, ease of obtaining badges etc? Thanks in advance, Paul

3 hours ago, Grimbiggs said:

Hi, recently came across this thread, I ve also got shares with OG, in Kodiac Pride and Bridgetown, however, next flat season Im looking at expanding with a bigger share. Has anybody got any experience of the syndicates that offer 2.5%+ shares, Nick Bradley, Hambleton, Axom etc. What is the set up like, stable visits, feedback, ease of obtaining badges etc? Thanks in advance, Paul

Welcome to the forum mate, i'm sure one or two guys have shares with Nick Bradley on here.

4 minutes ago, Grimbiggs said:

Very quiet in here, but i've just signed up with Enigma racing, as they are involved with MPR and NBR, so the best of both worlds. Just got a share in a Dandy man yearling (filly) to be trained by Richard Hannon, let's hope she's as good as Happy Romance!

Good luck .

I had Ryan The Giant with MPR , a 7f horse who they ran up to 16f where he won at Wolverhampton , think he retired at 5 , zero speed , but he could gallop.

• 2 weeks later...

Kodiac Pride runs again today at Wolverhampton (1645) after a little break. Was also entered in another race later in the week (Kempton, i think) which i was told was the more likely and have had no response since, so i'm a bit miffed as i haven't been given any info on the race by the trainer. Carries another penalty, but was in good nick so is in with a chance.

3 hours ago, Fader said:

Valiant, could you give us an idea on what you receive if one of your horses win?

Ive only had 1 winner which was Jaboticaba , but a few runs in the money
The total net prize money so far this year from my 3 horses which have run (1 hasn't run yet) is £3051.05 from which I am supposed to get a share.
As of yet Ive received nothing maybe they pay out on a certain date or deduct the winning when you renew your shares
I cant seem to find anything about payment on the site. Maybe @BillyHills knows I think he's had a payment.
Not even had my VAT back yet :\
Its not something Ive done to make money ,Personally I just think that anyone who likes to bet on horses should have shares in at least 1 horse or donate to a retired racehorse charity just to put a little back into the game, I do both.
image.thumb.png.8f896f48231cb5f08ade1c3c0978b494.png

Had another look on the site .... all prize money owed is paid at the end of each syndicate term (12 month)

Edited by Valiant Thor