** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 14th - 16th

Wolves vs Chelsea

OK, it's already been mentioned that a few of you think this weekend could produce some surprise scores in the Premier League. I'm on board with that and that's why I'm previewing this intriguing clash between Wolves and Chelsea in a 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday afternoon at Molineux. I think we could be in for a shock result but then we have to ask if my predicted outcome would actually be a shock?

Wolves have fast earned a reputation for being the giant killers in the top flight of English football. Nuno Santo's side have picked up an incredible number of points in the league against the reputed top six sides. It's not been an ideal start for Wanderers. Yes, they've only lost one league game so far but they've failed to win a single match in league action. 3 draws and 1 defeat make up their 4 results this season. However, one of those draws did come against one of those reputed top six sides so has the trend from last season continued into this campaign?

Chelsea are in a period of transition under new head coach Frank Lampard. The bounce of the new man at the helm appears to just about be holding steady even though the Blues have only managed one victory in the league this season. Things have improved since the disappointing and harsh 4-0 loss away to Manchester United in the opening weekend but there are still a lot of questions remaining around this youthful Chelsea side.

It's clear that Wolves are suffering from the rigours of the midweek Europa League schedule. That happens to the best of teams. The benefit here is that the international break means the players have had some rest. Well, the non-international players anyway. Wolves are not at a disadvantage this week and I think that could help them. My gut is favouring a draw but there's a nagging feeling that Wolves could snatch this. I'll back my gut on this occasion but I think Wolves are available at a very tempting price.

Draw @ 3.42 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.77 with Redzone

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEireand @AndreBR.

i think some will be giving sheff utd the benefit of doubt. there is no doubt they are solid side and at home will fancy winning but i just got a feeling southampton will edge them 1-2. southampton hasn't been too bad recently. they got a draw to man utd and won away to brighton. 

i have completely lost trust in man utd. they are set for another struggling season by evidence so far. when rashford doesn't score then there is no one else. solskjaer has been banking on him since season start but their game is too erratic clumsy. they don't know how to edge out teams also and leicester are very mature side who can punish them.. i think leicester will not lose and may even win maybe 1-2

i have a feeling chelsea will find a way to edge wolverhampton. i'm not taking anything away from the hosts. the have excellent player in naves but lampard has had international break to sort out chelsea defensives problems and we may see chelsea being more sturdy in defense so i think they will win maybe 1-2

i am absolutely going to take norwich to score both halves against man city. i just can't see them sitting back and taking a hammering. man city will move the ball and press but international break is bound to have some players tired so norwich has a chance to get on scoresheet

Been a tough start to the season for me, so don't follow any of my suggestions with any confidence!

Games after an international break are always tough to call and there are some tough games to pick a winner on the coupon this week.  Brighton/Burnley, Sheff Utd/Southampton, Wolves/Chelsea, Bournemouth/Everton are all games that no result would surprise me in so i'm steering well clear of those games.

My team Spurs are playing Crystal Palace and while spurs have generally had the measure of Palace in recent fixtures, i'm wary about this one.  I read that Palace were the last team to win away at Man City and Liverpool in the PL, and they beat Man U away recently as well.  They clearly know how to set up to get a result against the bigger teams away from home.  Spurs aren't playing with any great cohesion so I couldn't be backing them at massive odds on.  Not going with anything in this one, but I can see why Palace outright or on the handicap would hold some appeal.

The only bet I fancy this weekend is Leicester +1, which can be had for evens (betway), and I think that has a good chance of landing based on form before the international break.  In fact going back into last season, Man U have only won 3 of their last 16 PL games which is a shocking record for a club of their status.  Leicester are going along nicely and have nothing to fear going to Old Trafford.  I think they are well capable of getting a draw, if not the win.

Man United v Leicester

I don't like United in this game.

United have no ability to pass the ball forward and move it well. Forget the Chelsea game, it was a fluke result. United scored first, against the run of play, and then caught Chelsea on the break. Pogba seems to want to do too much, and gets caught with the ball often. WHo else can provide any midfield quality ?

United have just 3 goals in their last 3 games, and 1 is from an out and out winger. Rashford looks ice cold, perhaps over-hyped. Martial is injured, or if back will not be match fit. The  goalthreat  up front looks quite dull. I think getting Dalot back in the team will definitely help United. He is an upgrade on Lingaard (no confidence) and probably Perreira as well. He gives them a decent right sided midifleld balance. I would also like to see Fred have a run of games. Most don't like him, but he has a good engine, and will give them midfield legs. Most of the time he has played in a crappy team, with no real tactics or direction. Even if some of these guys do start, it is unlikely they will be up to match day speed and intensity.

Leicester look good. Rogers is a solid manager, and there seems to be a healthy synergy at the club.  Do they target Lindelof (who looks suspect under the long ball). I would be taking the Leicester win here and Jamie Vardy to score. The crazy thing is that United will be 10 points behind Liverpool after 5 games of the season.

Closer to relegation than the top 4. OGS in presser today  "...we don't want to be behind Tottenham or Chelsea or Arsenal" . Lets not even mention Liverpool and Man CIty, and avoid WOlves, Leicester and West Ham. United could finish 8th or 9th this season.

So injury news is that Pogba will not play (probably a bonus for United). Think Leicester win this 0-2.

Edited by neilovan

Wolverhampton vs Chelsea FC

Wolverhampton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: Willy-Arnaud Boly (4/0 d)

Chelsea FC

Doubtful: Emerson (4/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): N'Golo Kante (2/0 m), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m), Reece James (0/0 d), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (0/0 m), Callum Hudson-Odoi (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Norwich City vs Manchester City

Norwich City

Doubtful: Ben Godfrey (4/0 d), Tim Krul (4/0 first goalkeeper), Grant Hanley (3/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Patrick Roberts (0/0 m, loan from Manchester City), Christoph Zimmermann (1/0 d), Timm Klose (0/0 d), Onel Hernandez (1/0 m), Tom Trybull (4/0 m), Maximillian Aarons (4/0 d), Mario Vrancic (2/0 m), Moritz Leitner (4/0 m)

Manchester City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Aymeric Laporte (4/0 d), Leroy Sane (0/0 f), Benjamin Mendy (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have won their last 13 matches in Premier League.
Man City are undefeated in their last 18 matches in Premier League.
Wolves are undefeated in their last 10 home matches in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 40 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 53 Football Betting Streaks for 14.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-09-2019-15549

Brighton vs Burnley: Draw

Burnley won both games vs Brighton last season after a run of 5 draws between the two teams. Burnley’s coach Sean Dyche has faced Brighton 11 times, drawing 6 games or more than 50%. Last season’s win at the AMEX stadium was actually Dyche’s first there after 3 draws and 2 losses. 2 out of 4 games between Brighton and Burnley in the Premiership ended as draws.

Brighton have won 80 points in 80 Premiership games since coming back to the elite level of English football. Brighton are the only team in the last 2 seasons besides Southampton whose home matches are more likely to end as a draw than any other outcome. I generally see a little less than 50% chance for a draw in this game so odds above 3 look like value to me.

P.s.: As a Manchester United fan I hope we win vs Leicester. Saw a graph showing that based on expected goals Manchester United should have been second after City this season but maybe this is because of those missed penalties. I just do not think we are as bad as 8-9 place as some say. May bet on Maguire to score anytime as often players score against their former teams.

I´m on Saints this Weekend. Think International Break was not good for Sheffield. They hade some decent Performances, but now with the break and with 2 Weeks to prepere for this Game - think Saints are ready. Have played them on AHC 0.

Also i´m on Leicester. Wolves played Euro League this Season, so i think Leicester can be first Team to made a surprise. Made some good Transfers and had good Results so far. Man U this Season again not so good and seems they have too many Problems - like Pogba....

Also i´m on Both2Score on Brighton/Burnley Game. Didn´t know who will made this here - but feelings said this will be a 1-2 on Burnley maybe 1:1.

Wolves-Chelsea smells big Over 2.5 here. Wolves always play good again Top 6 Teams and have strong offensive Players. And Chelsea with Lampard in charge also playing offensive Football and today they are very close in a MUST WIN game after there start. So i expected here some goals.

3 hours ago, vicsuna said:

Brighton vs Burnley: Draw

Burnley won both games vs Brighton last season after a run of 5 draws between the two teams. Burnley’s coach Sean Dyche has faced Brighton 11 times, drawing 6 games or more than 50%. Last season’s win at the AMEX stadium was actually Dyche’s first there after 3 draws and 2 losses. 2 out of 4 games between Brighton and Burnley in the Premiership ended as draws.

Brighton have won 80 points in 80 Premiership games since coming back to the elite level of English football. Brighton are the only team in the last 2 seasons besides Southampton whose home matches are more likely to end as a draw than any other outcome. I generally see a little less than 50% chance for a draw in this game so odds above 3 look like value to me.

P.s.: As a Manchester United fan I hope we win vs Leicester. Saw a graph showing that based on expected goals Manchester United should have been second after City this season but maybe this is because of those missed penalties. I just do not think we are as bad as 8-9 place as some say. May bet on Maguire to score anytime as often players score against their former teams.

I'm a Man United fan and I think we are as bad as 8th or 9th. There is simply no experienced midfield quality playing today. I think you see a really disjointed game from United, where they are unable to create much/anything. The stats don't lie. This team has won 3 of their last 13 league games. 4-0 Chelsea and 2 fluke wins over West Ham and Watford where they were outplayed for vast periods of the game. A good beating from Leicester could be the start of the end for OGS. Hopefully Potch has a fallout with Levy and become the new manager when Solksjaer gets his marching orders.

Just a ridiculous kneejerk reaction to appoint the guy in the 1st place, based on a last minute dubious penalty against PSG in the CL. The team has been useless this season. Would any other huge club such as  Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, PSG, Porto, Benfica, Ajax, Dortmund be in such a bad position?

All very well to go down the youth path, but there has to be a mix and blend. It is not nearly the same as Fergie winning with boys, because those guys had all played along side each other for 6 years. I'll be very surprised if United even score and expect them to get zip from this game.

Edited by neilovan

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Watford have conceded at least 3 goals in their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
Watford have lost their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
Watford have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 42 Football Betting Streaks for 15.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-09-2019-15569

Watford vs Arsenal

A new era of management begins at Vicarage Road this Sunday for this 4:30pm BST kick-off when Quique Sanchez Flores takes charge of his first game as manager of the club against Arsenal. Wait, haven't we been here before? Oh yes, we have. This will be the Spaniard's second spell in charge of the club after his unceremonious departure a few years back.

Watford sacking Javi Gracia was a bizarre decision that came out of nowhere but it isn't really a surprise given owner Gino Pozzo's trademark knee-jerk reaction to managerial changes. It hadn't been a great start to the season for the Hornets with three defeats and a single draw. Sacking a manager four games into a league season seems harsh. Can the new man galvanise the players?

Arsenal are still trying to find their feet under Unai Emery. There have arguably been more positive signs than negative so far. The two wins to start the season were probably expected. As was the defeat away to Liverpool. The draw against Tottenham was a thriller and undoubtedly a fair result. It feels like the potential is there for this Gunners side but the defensive frailties haven't been fixed and that remains a concern.

Even so, I feel Arsenal should have enough to get the win here. Emery has improved their performances on the road and we shouldn't look too much into that 3-1 loss against Liverpool. I'm keen to see how Flores sets up with this group of players. Not many remain from his time at the club so he'll be starting afresh. I just think this period of things being unsettled at Watford is the exact sort of environment the wise head of Emery will capitalise on.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.10 with Bethead

Anytime Scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang @ 2.30 with RedZone

18 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Watford vs Arsenal

A new era of management begins at Vicarage Road this Sunday for this 4:30pm BST kick-off when Quique Sanchez Flores takes charge of his first game as manager of the club against Arsenal. Wait, haven't we been here before? Oh yes, we have. This will be the Spaniard's second spell in charge of the club after his unceremonious departure a few years back.

Watford sacking Javi Gracia was a bizarre decision that came out of nowhere but it isn't really a surprise given owner Gino Pozzo's trademark knee-jerk reaction to managerial changes. It hadn't been a great start to the season for the Hornets with three defeats and a single draw. Sacking a manager four games into a league season seems harsh. Can the new man galvanise the players?

Arsenal are still trying to find their feet under Unai Emery. There have arguably been more positive signs than negative so far. The two wins to start the season were probably expected. As was the defeat away to Liverpool. The draw against Tottenham was a thriller and undoubtedly a fair result. It feels like the potential is there for this Gunners side but the defensive frailties haven't been fixed and that remains a concern.

Even so, I feel Arsenal should have enough to get the win here. Emery has improved their performances on the road and we shouldn't look too much into that 3-1 loss against Liverpool. I'm keen to see how Flores sets up with this group of players. Not many remain from his time at the club so he'll be starting afresh. I just think this period of things being unsettled at Watford is the exact sort of environment the wise head of Emery will capitalise on.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.10 with Bethead

Anytime Scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang @ 2.30 with RedZone

in!
Arsenal ML @1.98 (1 Unit)

Aston Villa vs West Ham

The Premier League offers us one more match this week with struggling new boys Aston Villa hosting an improving West Ham for this Monday Night Football clash at Villa Park that's scheduled to kick-off at 8pm BST tonight. Both sides could do with a victory here but there's a strong feeling that the home team need this more with wins at home crucial for any side looking to stay up.

Aston Villa were criticised for following Fulham's failed approach of spending big on new players after earning promotion from the Championship last season. Granted, there were differences that there seemed to be more of a plan around Dean Smith's transfer activity but it was still over £100 million spent on signings. Three defeats from their first four league games suggests they are at risk of a similar fate to Fulham unless results improve.

West Ham are a side that still excite me. Manuel Pellegrini is a top class manager and his signings during the summer really added quality to the squad. It was a slow start with the 5-0 loss at home to Manchester City in the opening game of the league season but results have improved since. A 1-1 draw away to Brighton has been followed up by two wins against Watford and Norwich. Before the season started I predicted them to finish top 7 at least. I think that's very much still on.

A big problem so far for Aston Villa is the amount of chances teams are being allowed on their goal. The Villains average conceding 19.3 attempts on their goal per league game. If they allow the Hammers to have that many efforts tonight then they could be in for a tough evening. Luckily for Villa, West Ham have only kept one clean sheet on the road in their last 13 trips away in the league. I can see goals coming in this game but I think West Ham will be bitterly disappointed if they don't sneak a win here.

West Ham to Win @ 2.65 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Sebastien Haller @ 2.70 with Paddy Power

On 9/16/2019 at 11:11 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Aston Villa vs West Ham

The Premier League offers us one more match this week with struggling new boys Aston Villa hosting an improving West Ham for this Monday Night Football clash at Villa Park that's scheduled to kick-off at 8pm BST tonight. Both sides could do with a victory here but there's a strong feeling that the home team need this more with wins at home crucial for any side looking to stay up.

Aston Villa were criticised for following Fulham's failed approach of spending big on new players after earning promotion from the Championship last season. Granted, there were differences that there seemed to be more of a plan around Dean Smith's transfer activity but it was still over £100 million spent on signings. Three defeats from their first four league games suggests they are at risk of a similar fate to Fulham unless results improve.

West Ham are a side that still excite me. Manuel Pellegrini is a top class manager and his signings during the summer really added quality to the squad. It was a slow start with the 5-0 loss at home to Manchester City in the opening game of the league season but results have improved since. A 1-1 draw away to Brighton has been followed up by two wins against Watford and Norwich. Before the season started I predicted them to finish top 7 at least. I think that's very much still on.

A big problem so far for Aston Villa is the amount of chances teams are being allowed on their goal. The Villains average conceding 19.3 attempts on their goal per league game. If they allow the Hammers to have that many efforts tonight then they could be in for a tough evening. Luckily for Villa, West Ham have only kept one clean sheet on the road in their last 13 trips away in the league. I can see goals coming in this game but I think West Ham will be bitterly disappointed if they don't sneak a win here.

West Ham to Win @ 2.65 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Sebastien Haller @ 2.70 with Paddy Power

i watched this last night and haller looks like the real deal, whereas wesley looks a bit clumsy and not as clinical

On 9/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, waynecoyne said:

i watched this last night and haller looks like the real deal, whereas wesley looks a bit clumsy and not as clinical

Yeah. I signed Haller on a FIFA career mode game about 3-4 years ago and he ended up being a real talent. So when West Ham signed him and I'd seen his performances last season I thought they've done some great business. Worth backing most weeks, particularly against sides that struggle to deal with physical strikers.