** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

6 Red World Championship

Fader

This event went alittle under the radar for me. I've been waiting for the Shanghai Masters and then realise this gets started today. This is another one of those quirky events. A week of snooker always interests me though and I'll take a couple of nice priced outrights. Like the name suggests, there is only 6 red balls in this one so the matches are obviously shorter. It's set out like the Champions League (in football) I suppose in that there are 8 groups and the top 2 go through.

Main couple of bets will be Bingtao and Dott. Gary Wilson likes these kind of events and looks big at 35s and I'll chuck a point at good 'old Jimmy after winning a seniors event, who knows eh? :)

1pt E/W Y.Bingtao to win 22/1 betvictor
1pt E/W G.Dott to win 28/1 betvictor
0.5pts E/W G.Wilson to win 35/1 betvictor
0.5pts E/W J.White to win 200/1 betvictor

image.png

Well all the picks managed to get through to the last 16 but the draw for the next round wasn't exactly my friend.

Last 16:
S.Bingham Vs M.Selby
J.Higgins Vs W.Yize
D.Gilbert Vs K.Wilson
M.Williams Vs J.Perry
P.Suwannawat Vs A.Carter
S.Maguire Vs J,White
D.Junhui Vs G.Dott
G.Wilson Vs Y.Bingtao

Good old fashioned "Jimmy White Bottle" as he is 5-3 up (first to 6) and on the table and sh*ts the bed and loses 6-5. Even at 5-5 he was in the balls, but nooo. Determined to clutch defeat from sucess. Frustrating. Dott useless against Ding everytime he plays him, continued the trend and not even my luck could have had a loser in the Bingtao Vs Wilson match I suppose. Come on Gary Wilson!

Quarter-Finals :
J.Higgins Vs D.Gilbert
S.Bingham Vs M.Williams
A.Carter Vs S.Maguire
D.Junhui Vs G.Wilson

9 hours ago, notanotherdonkey said:

J.Higgins did not look interested in the final and I would never back one Scot against the other anyway.Good Luck

I would. Can't judge one final on a whole betting perspective but each to their own