** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super Lig Predictions > Aug 30th - Sep 1st

Besiktas vs Rizespor

OK, so after finding myself short on time due to the bank holiday weekend last week I'm treating you to two previews in this league this week. The first one up is 7:45pm BST kick-off this Saturday night between Besiktas and Rizespor at Vodafone Park in Istanbul. It's a shock to think that the away side come here in the better form and will be hoping they can continue their winning start to the season.

Besiktas have long been one of the big guns in Turkish football but the pressure is already on Abdullah Avci's side after they lost 3-0 away to Sivasspor. It means that the club is left languishing in 8th place and already 3 points behind their title rivals. The positive news is that Besiktas destroyed Goztepe 3-0 at home so it's been quite a hit and miss start to the campaign for the Black Eagles.

Rizespor couldn't have wished for a much better start to the campaign. Ismail Kartal has seen his team win both of their league games. A 2-1 win over Sivasspor and a hard-fought 1-0 victory away to Genclerbirligi have led them to 4th in the table and only off the top of the table pace on goal difference. This will be an entirely new challenge for the side as they look to make it three wins out of three.

I appreciate that Besiktas have had an inconsistent start to the season but at home they are still a dominant force. It's 7 wins in a row in the Super Lig for Besiktas on home turf and they've not lost a home league game since 11th November, 2018 in what was a 2-1 loss to Sivasspor. I'm fully expecting Besiktas to continue their winning run here with a solid victory.

Besiktas -1 @ 2.60 with Paddy Power

Besiktas HT/FT @ 2.50 with Coral

@black_baar what do you think of this week's games? Keen to hear your Turkish expertise.

Two weeks passed, and former champion Galatasaray still has 1 point. As far as I can see, the replacements for Fernando Reges, Henri Onyekuru and Badou Ndiaye is not performing well. Nzonzi, Jean Micheal Seri, Ryan Babel, Jimmy Durmaz and Emre Mor are newcomers. Yet, they have still Belhanda, Feghouli and Babel and these players can cause problems any time. Diagne is a big dissappointment in forward and Galatasaray fans are desparetely waiting for Falcao to be transfered. Seri is not playing today(red card)

Kayserispor signed Adebayor this week and he is expected to start in the starting eleven. I didnt watch Kayserispor this year. 

It is a must win game for Galatasaray and Galatasaray traditionally wins at Kayseri (they won last 4 matches at Kayseri). I feel it would be harder for Galatasaray today. If I have a bet in this match, I would try Kayserispor +0.5

15 hours ago, black_baar said:

20 minutes to go for todays matches. I dont have time for a preview. I think Kasimpasa will win against Ankaragücü today. I liked Kasimpasa at home in the first week against Trabzonspor. If they play that level today, it should be a win for them against Ankaragucu.

http://tr.beinsports.com/lig/super-lig/ozet/2019-2020/3/kasimpasa-0-1-mke-ankaragucu-mac-ozeti 

this is the 3 minutes summary of the match. 3 posts for Kasimpasa. They were very unlucky. Anyways they shouldnt have lost this poor Ankaragucu.

16 hours ago, black_baar said:

Two weeks passed, and former champion Galatasaray still has 1 point. As far as I can see, the replacements for Fernando Reges, Henri Onyekuru and Badou Ndiaye is not performing well. Nzonzi, Jean Micheal Seri, Ryan Babel, Jimmy Durmaz and Emre Mor are newcomers. Yet, they have still Belhanda, Feghouli and Babel and these players can cause problems any time. Diagne is a big dissappointment in forward and Galatasaray fans are desparetely waiting for Falcao to be transfered. Seri is not playing today(red card)

Kayserispor signed Adebayor this week and he is expected to start in the starting eleven. I didnt watch Kayserispor this year. 

It is a must win game for Galatasaray and Galatasaray traditionally wins at Kayseri (they won last 4 matches at Kayseri). I feel it would be harder for Galatasaray today. If I have a bet in this match, I would try Kayserispor +0.5

http://tr.beinsports.com/lig/super-lig/ozet/2019-2020/3/kayserispor-2-3-galatasaray-mac-ozeti

Galatasaray won at 90+8 mins. 3 red cards for Kayserispor, 1 for Galatasaray.

As I have mentioned here before, Konyaspor is one of the most defensive team in this league. First week Konyaspor 0-0 Ankaragücü, second week Galatasaray 1-1 Konyaspor. As seen they kept Galatasaray just 1 goal at Istanbul. 

They hosts another defensive team Antalyaspor. 1st and 2nd week results of Antalyaspor : Goztepe 0-1 Antalyaspor, Antalyaspor 0-2 Denizlispor. Former centre back Bulent Korkmaz is coaching Antalyaspor. His defensive mentality is in all over the team. Odds dropped much, statistically this match should go under 2.5 as well

On 8/30/2019 at 1:28 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Besiktas vs Rizespor

OK, so after finding myself short on time due to the bank holiday weekend last week I'm treating you to two previews in this league this week. The first one up is 7:45pm BST kick-off this Saturday night between Besiktas and Rizespor at Vodafone Park in Istanbul. It's a shock to think that the away side come here in the better form and will be hoping they can continue their winning start to the season.

Besiktas have long been one of the big guns in Turkish football but the pressure is already on Abdullah Avci's side after they lost 3-0 away to Sivasspor. It means that the club is left languishing in 8th place and already 3 points behind their title rivals. The positive news is that Besiktas destroyed Goztepe 3-0 at home so it's been quite a hit and miss start to the campaign for the Black Eagles.

Rizespor couldn't have wished for a much better start to the campaign. Ismail Kartal has seen his team win both of their league games. A 2-1 win over Sivasspor and a hard-fought 1-0 victory away to Genclerbirligi have led them to 4th in the table and only off the top of the table pace on goal difference. This will be an entirely new challenge for the side as they look to make it three wins out of three.

I appreciate that Besiktas have had an inconsistent start to the season but at home they are still a dominant force. It's 7 wins in a row in the Super Lig for Besiktas on home turf and they've not lost a home league game since 11th November, 2018 in what was a 2-1 loss to Sivasspor. I'm fully expecting Besiktas to continue their winning run here with a solid victory.

Besiktas -1 @ 2.60 with Paddy Power

Besiktas HT/FT @ 2.50 with Coral

@black_baar what do you think of this week's games? Keen to hear your Turkish expertise.

Besiktas is also struggling like Galatasaray. Last week they won 3-0 against Goztepe at home. But this result may mislead us since Goztepe is the worst team of the league by the two weeks. They have just been avoided from relegation last season(they had a penalty at the last minutes of their last match and avoided from relegation). 

I like Rizespor. They started well this season. They have good players like  Joseph Attamah, Dario Melnjak, Braian Samudio and Fernando Boldrin. I think their weakest part is their forward Muastapha El Kabir. They are looking for another forward before the transfer season ends. If they had a better forward I would oppose you with your bets. Anyways, good luck.

Fenerbahce vs Trabzonspor

The league leaders are in action at 7:45pm BST on Sunday night against Trabzonspor at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium in Istanbul. Both teams remain unbeaten after two league games so far and they'll both feel they can come into this game and take all three points. The hosts are understandably the favourites but it's far from a given against a side that only missed out on the title by 6 points last season.

Fenerbahce have won their two league games so far. Ersun Yanal's side don't have the distraction of Europe this season so they're free to focus on their domestic campaign. It's a situation that has seen the club win 5-0 against Gazisehir Gaziantep on the opening weekend and then followed it up with a last gasp 2-1 victory against Istanbul Basaksehir which showed the character of this side.

Trabzonspor started this league season well with a 2-1 win against Yeni Malatyaspor and a 1-1 draw away to Kasimpasa. The decent squad morale from league performances was further boosted by the club knocking out Greek Super League side AEK Athens on away goals after a 3-3 draw in the Europa League Play-Off Round. The club did suffer a 2-0 loss on the night which will be a slight concern but they won't dwell on that too long.

For me, this is Fenerbahce's game to lose. Trabzonspor could be a tricky challenge with the feel-good factor around the club after their European exploits in midweek. I just feel this Fenerbahce side are in great form right now and on home territory they'll be tough to take points off. I can not only see them winning this game but even possibly getting the victory by a couple of goals.

Fenerbahce -1 @ 2.55 with Coral

Fenerbahce HT/FT @ 2.55 with Coral

21 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Fenerbahce vs Trabzonspor

The league leaders are in action at 7:45pm BST on Sunday night against Trabzonspor at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium in Istanbul. Both teams remain unbeaten after two league games so far and they'll both feel they can come into this game and take all three points. The hosts are understandably the favourites but it's far from a given against a side that only missed out on the title by 6 points last season.

Fenerbahce have won their two league games so far. Ersun Yanal's side don't have the distraction of Europe this season so they're free to focus on their domestic campaign. It's a situation that has seen the club win 5-0 against Gazisehir Gaziantep on the opening weekend and then followed it up with a last gasp 2-1 victory against Istanbul Basaksehir which showed the character of this side.

Trabzonspor started this league season well with a 2-1 win against Yeni Malatyaspor and a 1-1 draw away to Kasimpasa. The decent squad morale from league performances was further boosted by the club knocking out Greek Super League side AEK Athens on away goals after a 3-3 draw in the Europa League Play-Off Round. The club did suffer a 2-0 loss on the night which will be a slight concern but they won't dwell on that too long.

For me, this is Fenerbahce's game to lose. Trabzonspor could be a tricky challenge with the feel-good factor around the club after their European exploits in midweek. I just feel this Fenerbahce side are in great form right now and on home territory they'll be tough to take points off. I can not only see them winning this game but even possibly getting the victory by a couple of goals.

Fenerbahce -1 @ 2.55 with Coral

Fenerbahce HT/FT @ 2.55 with Coral

Nice preview Stevie. Odds are not the best, however I would reccommend overs and both to score in this match. Matches in Fenerbahce stadium will be very entertaining this year I guess.