Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
StevieDay1983

Primeira Liga Predictions > Aug 30th - Sep 1st

Tough week but i will still give my opinion on some games and on potential good odds.

Sporting CP vs Rio Ave 
Good game between too good teams that play a very offensive football. Sporting is without a doubt the better side and have a lot of quality going forward but the defence is a complete different story. Since Kaiser became the manager of Sporting the team have never been a good team defensively and this year in my opinion will be the same. 
Rio Ave is a very offensive team as well with very fast players that can cause a lot of trouble against every team. Playing away from home in one of the toughest grounds in the country they will probably adopt a more defensive strategy playing on the counter atack. I see some potencial on the goals market so my best bet is the...

TIP: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE

Braga vs Benfica

Another very good game between two of the best teams in the league. Braga is always a very place to go but Benfica usually wins these kind of games. Benfica realy needs a win in this game coming from a 2-0 defeat at home against Porto. Braga on the other side come to this game after a mid week game away at Russia, that can weight a little bit because of the travel and the game. Benfica is the better side without a doubt and with the most win mentality i can see them getting a win. 

TIP: BENFICA WIN 

Braga vs Benfica

The old saying goes that the best is saved until last and that's certainly the case this week in the Portuguese Primeira Liga where two of the league's big guns face-off in a 9pm BST kick-off tonight with Braga hosting Benfica at the Estadio Municipal de Braga. Both teams have already experienced disappointment by dropping points so avoiding defeat is crucial here.

Braga haven't had an ideal start to the season with 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 loss. The 2-1 defeat away to Sporting CP wasn't the end of the world but the 1-1 draw away to Gil Vicente is certainly a game that Ricardo Sa Pinto's side would have been expecting to win. The good news is that their home form has been fine with their only win of the season coming on home turf in a 3-1 win against Moreirense. It was also great news in midweek as the club qualified for the Europa League group stage after a 3-1 aggregate victory over Russian side Spartak Moscow.

Benfica will be severely unhappy about their start to the season. A defeat already after just three league games isn't necessarily a disaster but it's the fact that one loss this season came in a home game against their bitter title rivals Porto. It was an early blow to their title credentials. Bruno Lage will be wanting his team to now go on an extended run of positive results to keep up the pressure.

This game has goals in it. These two sides have looked far from stable at the back and they can both bang the goals in when they get their tails up. Both teams will be keen to win this game but the key is to avoid defeat. Another loss would see them fall right off the title pace. My gut instinct is tempted by the draw but I just think Benfica will have enough to take the 3 points.

Benfica to Win @ 1.91 with Betway

BTTS @ 1.73 with Blacktype