** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Aug 30th - Sep 1st

Burton vs Bristol Rovers

One of the reasons I love writing these betting previews in this thread is because I always end up covering a game between two teams I know little about. It encourages me to find out more and that's certainly the case here with this 3pm kick-off on Saturday between Burton and Bristol Rovers at the Pirelli Stadium. Let's get cracking and see who is more likely to come away with the win.

Burton are sat slap bang in the middle of League One at this early stage. Nigel Clough's team haven't torn up any trees yet but they remain a side that are difficult to beat. The Brewers come into this game having lost their previous two home league games so far this season but they did come up against strong sides in Ipswich and Rotherham. They did also tear Morecambe a new one in midweek in the EFL Cup 2nd Round with a 4-0 win. It feels like that first home league win is coming.

Bristol Rovers are a side I should know more about. A fair few extended family members follow them as season ticket holders and we meet up every year for a family reunion at Symonds Yat just outside Monmouth where they treat us to moaning tales of woe. It usually goes in one ear and out the next if I'm honest. The Gas are one place behind Burton in the table but they are both on the same number of points. No win in their first three league games has been remedied by back-to-back victories but they both came at home. On the road, Graham Coughlan's side haven't even scored a goal.

In the league table, hardly anything separates these two sides. Burton come into this game with a sense of optimism after their midweek cup win at home. Bristol Rovers are in danger of letting their away day troubles become a mental issue. The two clubs have only met 8 times previously with three wins each and two draws contested between them. I was tempted to back the draw but I think Burton are set up well to take all 3 points here. They could well make it a third meeting in a row where Rovers fail to score.

Burton to Win @ 1.91 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.88 with Marathonbet

I'll talk openly about the steve game. With good option always. Personally, it's one of the risks I think about for this week. The stab talked about a game of equivalence, and so it is a real observation in the forum. Most players are afraid of risking high returns. So I see the pirates scoring in recent games while on the opposite side I see instability. When does Burton ever know how to play ball? Outdoor games only. Okay here's the match is equivalent but why dread getting into X2. If, for example, I play in the draw with a goal of 4.75 and an away win of 4.50 then I get a better win than 1.91 of home victory and even 2 points in 3. A simple thought but I'll tell you something. Learn to bet by risking high returns. That's what I'm trying to get at the tomahawks, and here. It's the weak point of bookies. To risk in high odds.

Edited by THEODORE-007

Crawley Town vs Cheltenham

Crawley Town

Doubtful: Josh Dacres-Cogley (3/0 d), Mason Bloomfield (2/0 m), Joe McNerney (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Cheltenham

Doubtful: Alex Addai (2/1 f)

Out (injuries/other): Luke Varney (4/2 f, top scorer), Max Sheaf (3/0 m), Will Boyle (1/0 d), Reuben Reid (0/0 f)

Crewe Alexandra vs Bradford City

Crewe Alexandra

Doubtful: Tom Lowery (5/0 m, probably in), Charlie Kirk (5/0 m, probably in), Harry Pickering (4/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Bradford City

Doubtful: Sean Scannell (5/1 m), Adam Henley (4/0 d), Zeli Ismail (0/0 m), Shay McCartan (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Joe Riley (0/0 m), Jake Reeves (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Inverness v  Morton.

Morton have to be backed tonight at the odds that are available. They're a decent side, had a very good start to the season and are very capable of taking all 3 points tonight against an inconsistent Inverness. These odds make no sense.

Morton @ 4.80 (Hills) - 1 pt. 

From today starts my attack betting zone this season. We have 5 ended games and i`m ready to make my attack with SUPER HEINZ SYSTEMS. Here upload only two of my bets in my system and the bets you can see only as members in ENGLAND TOMAHAWKS because I don't want my coupon to be widely used especially to greece. Two of my today grand teams are WEDNESDAY and ScnutHORPE. Especially the second have today a great opportunity to take three points and the first win. Carlisle showing attack problems today and Scnuthorpe with a win can rise her morale.

JPG.jpg

Right, time to get back to winning ways, the last couple of weeks have been poor.

Motherwell v Hibernian.

It's not been a great start to the season for Hibs and there's a bit of concern creeping into the support over the alarming number of soft goals we're conceding. We're a decent side when we're attacking, create plenty of opportunities and score some decent goals but when we don't have the ball, the opposition seem to just run through our midfield, which offers no protection for the defence. Teams don't really need to work hard for their goals against us and I can see another difficult day today. This game has goals written all over it, we should be able to create enough chances against Motherwells defence to score at least a couple but the weaknesses at the back will undoubtedly undo all the hard work. A high scoring game which could go either way is on the cards here and I thinks there's a bit of value backing overs.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (Hills) - 2 pts.

Hi there and welcome to the new season from me, i usually like to start peaking in at the end of september where leagues usually settle down a bit and true quality and form rise to the top, not an exact science i know :D.

Anyhow i couldn't help myself and will place a suggestion for the old firm game tomorrow.

I think the books have been caught up in the hysteria surrounding Rangers recent revival under Stevie G.  i am not typing this up with the green tinted glasses on, i try and look at this objectively.  First of all the 3.00 on Celtic is absolutely massive. The books have decided that the last two games at Ibrox which Celtic lost 1-0 and 2-0 along with Rangers obvious improvement means that Celtic are underdogs tomorrow.  The first loss under Rodgers was when rodgers was at loggerheads with the board over transfers at xmas and all was not well in the camp, he picked a weakened team in a tactic the team hadn't played all year and Rangers destroyed them.  The second loss was a dead rubber with the title already won and Celtic looking forward to an extremely important cup game in their treble treble ambitions. Celtic will turn up on sunday, this is the difference.  On paper Celtic man to man have a stronger squad than Rangers and with the recent additions of Bauer and Elyounoussi who fit the  Celtic transfer recruitment profile of two high transfer players who have good pedigrees and lost their way at their last team (a combined transfer of £22m) should  have the quality to win.  Don't get me wrong i have been impressed with Rangers of late and they are far more rigid and structured under Gerrard but they play very one dimensional football. If Celtic can weather Gerrard harem scarem high press approach in the first half hour and nullify the right flank Celtic will be favourites to win.  Celtic this season are the highest scoring top flight team in europe at this early stage and i truly believe will breach rangers tomorrow. Odds of 3.00 are absolutely massive for a team that have swept all asunder last 3 seasons, have hit the ground running apart for one brainfart half against Cluj

Bets in this fixture you should consider

Celtic 3.00

Celtic BTS  6.00

Celtic o/u 2.5  5.2

Real value here

29 minutes ago, dogmeister said:

Hi there and welcome to the new season from me, i usually like to start peaking in at the end of september where leagues usually settle down a bit and true quality and form rise to the top, not an exact science i know :D.

Anyhow i couldn't help myself and will place a suggestion for the old firm game tomorrow.

I think the books have been caught up in the hysteria surrounding Rangers recent revival under Stevie G.  i am not typing this up with the green tinted glasses on, i try and look at this objectively.  First of all the 3.00 on Celtic is absolutely massive. The books have decided that the last two games at Ibrox which Celtic lost 1-0 and 2-0 along with Rangers obvious improvement means that Celtic are underdogs tomorrow.  The first loss under Rodgers was when rodgers was at loggerheads with the board over transfers at xmas and all was not well in the camp, he picked a weakened team in a tactic the team hadn't played all year and Rangers destroyed them.  The second loss was a dead rubber with the title already won and Celtic looking forward to an extremely important cup game in their treble treble ambitions. Celtic will turn up on sunday, this is the difference.  On paper Celtic man to man have a stronger squad than Rangers and with the recent additions of Bauer and Elyounoussi who fit the  Celtic transfer recruitment profile of two high transfer players who have good pedigrees and lost their way at their last team (a combined transfer of £22m) should  have the quality to win.  Don't get me wrong i have been impressed with Rangers of late and they are far more rigid and structured under Gerrard but they play very one dimensional football. If Celtic can weather Gerrard harem scarem high press approach in the first half hour and nullify the right flank Celtic will be favourites to win.  Celtic this season are the highest scoring top flight team in europe at this early stage and i truly believe will breach rangers tomorrow. Odds of 3.00 are absolutely massive for a team that have swept all asunder last 3 seasons, have hit the ground running apart for one brainfart half against Cluj

Bets in this fixture you should consider

Celtic 3.00

Celtic BTS  6.00

Celtic o/u 2.5  5.2

Real value here

Agreed :ok

Rangers vs Celtic

Well, @dogmeister is back with a bang and he's basically covered a lot of what I wanted to say. It's the Old Firm Derby this Sunday in a midday kick-off at Ibrox and the gap between these two clubs appears to be getting smaller as another season passes. There is no denying the hostile passion that exists in this fixture hasn't mellowed so we're looking forward to classic encounter between Rangers and Celtic.

Rangers have enjoyed an excellent start to the new season. Three wins on the bounce in the league has seen them maintain a 100% record and setting the tempo in the Scottish top flight. This domestic form has coincided with Steve Gerrard's men progressing to the group stages of the Europa League after beating Legia Warsaw 1-0 on aggregate in the Play-Off Round in midweek.

Celtic are not quite experiencing an unblemished start to their season as Rangers. Neil Lennon's men have also won all three of their league games so far. It's also been done in arguably more emphatic style than Rangers have managed in theirs. However, Celtic have already experienced disappointment in Europe after crashing out of the Champions League to CFR Cluj 5-4 on aggregate. The silver lining is that they beat AIK 6-1 on aggregate to reach the Europa League group stages.

This is a tricky one to call. Rangers have won their last 5 home league games. During that run they have kept 3 clean sheets and scored 13 goals. It's impressive stuff. Celtic travel to Ibrox with a stunning record in front of goal this season having hit the net 39 times in their 12 competitive matches so far. I want to back Rangers to win because it would show that the Gers are well and truly back as a title contending team but I still think Celtic will have too much for them. I'm slightly favouring an away win but might cover myself with a draw no bet option because you can never tell with a derby game.

Celtic Draw No Bet @ 2.25 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.86 with Betfair