Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Darran

Non-League Predictions > August 26th

Saturday was one of those frustrating days which looked like being a really good day at one point and then ended up showing a loss, albeit small, despite only one team losing. I have 6 bets on Monday although I am not going crazy because it is set to be another very hot afternoon coming on the back of a very hot afternoon on Saturday and that is going to be very tough on the players. I think it is going to make what is already a tough turn around even tougher. It is my birthday so hopefully a profit can be made.

Boreham Wood v Ebbsfleet

Two sides with only 1 win between them and I doubt there is a great deal between the two sides which make the away team a bet at 29/10. Boreham Wood have usually been very strong at home since they got promoted, but they haven't won a home game since January and with Ebbsfleet improving (they could have beaten Notts County in the end on Saturday), they look a sporting play here.

Dover v Woking

Have I got Woking massively wrong? Having put them up to be relegated I am amazed they are top of the table after 6 games, but then they had a similar start in 2017 when I put them up to go down and they did end up being relegated so who knows! Beating Solihull 2-0 was a superb effort on the back of beating Fylde 4-1. Dover have had a good start as well, but they have lost 2 of their 3 home games and Woking have looked especially good away from home. They just shouldn't be 5/2 shots to win this game.

Blyth Spartans v Guiseley

Blyth's woeful start to the season continued on Saturday as they drew 0-0 with Bradford Park Avenue who have looked even worse than Blyth have. Guiseley have already scored 14 goals this season and must fancy their chances of adding to that tally here. I think they should be nearer even money than the 141/100 that they are.

Curzon Ashton v Spennymoor

I can't believe how much Spennymoor have struggled so far and one 1 point in 4 games is not a good return for last season's beaten play-off finalists. They will surely turn it around sooner rather than later though and I think it could be on Monday as they face a Curzon side who had a nightmare trip to Kings Lynn on Saturday and then were well beaten. On paper Spennymoor are the better side and they just shouldn't be 9/4 shots.

Braintree v Dorking

Both sides lost on Saturday, but I thought Dorking's loss to Hampton was worse and Braintree seem to be gelling at last. Prior to Braintree's 2-1 defeat to Dartford on Saturday they had beaten St Albans 3-0 and Eastbourne 5-0. Dorking's only point in their last 3 games came in a draw against St Albans and they might not add to that here. Braintree certainly look over priced at 17/10.

Kingstonian v Bishops Stortford

Not been a great start to the season by the home side although they were unbeaten before Hornchurch beat them on Saturday. The main reason for tipping Stortford up though is the fact they didn't have a game on Saturday and given the conditions that could well have a big part to play in this game and for that reason at 29/10 they look a sporting play and have managed to win a game this season unlike their hosts.

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 29/10 with Bet365

Woking 1pt @ 5/2 with Bet365

Guiseley 1pt  @ 141/100 with Marathon

Spennymoor 1pt @ 9/4 with Bet365

Braintree 1pt @ 17/10 with Marathon

Bishops Stortford 1pt @ 29/10 with BetVictor

5 out of 6!  More amazing tipping Darran. Hopefully you'll have a fabulous birthday spending your winnings. 

A big thank you and a very happy birthday to Punters' Lounge's finest tipster. 👏👏

Little known fact: @Darran shares a birthday with Mother Teresa and Macaulay Culkin. I tried to come up with a joke where the 3 of them walk into a bar and bet on Dagenham but the punchline was too difficult.

Anyways, enjoy your birthday mate and fine work on this tricky bank holiday coupon with many wins!!!

Reduce stakes and then go and get 5/6 at some juicy prices in typical fashion. Still a massive profit on the day although Spennymoor continue to frustrate, but having said that two late goals from Woking and Braintree were very welcome. 

Tipping at the sort of prices I usually tip at you are going to have ups and downs over a season and its important to judge things over a long period if following my tips because of that. Most football tipsters will be tipping up odds on shots or very close to odds on every week and we have had a month of the season and I've not put up one odds on shot yet (albeit I put two odds on shots in a double).