** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 24th & 25th

champratings.jpg

The turnaround is breathless in the Championship this week. It's less than 24 hours since the midweek matches finished and here are the odds and ratings for the weekend games. Take a look at the stats and let us know your predictions. I think we're all starting to find our feet a bit now so looking forward to seeing what you all have to say. :ok

the championship is unraveling very well and so far it's clear where every teams stands strenghtwise and formwise. i think opposing stoke is pretty good way to go. i just think they have lost a bit of their identity. i remember the days when hughes and pulis used to manage them. their physical and hard to breakdown style is gone. they now try to take teams on and win games and i can only see them being a good prey for better teams.

fulham have woken up and adjusted to the championship and the goals at starting to go in as well. i think they will just continue to be better at home especially.

i like preston to win especially at home. preston had a good win at home on wednesday and they should make it double. they will be tough to get the better off at home in this fixture

Derby vs West Brom

The early kick-off in the Championship on Saturday is a 12:30pm BST kick-off between Derby and West Brom at Pride Park. Both teams have had OK starts to their campaigns but it's probably fair to say that both sides will also have hoped they would have had more points by now this season. The opportunity to add to their tally in this game is one they'll certainly want to capitalise on.

Derby have been rebuilding urgently after the departure of former manager Frank Lampard and his management team. Not only that but the loan players from last season have all returned to their parent clubs leaving new head coach Phillip Cocu with the mammoth task of evolving the entire squad. 1 win, 2 draws, and 1 defeat from their first 4 league games is far from a disaster given the turnaround in coaching and playing staff. The 2-1 defeat to Bristol City in midweek at home means the Rams will want to bounce back immediately here.

West Brom were tipped by many to be one of the title contenders when Slaven Bilic was appointed as their manager. The Baggies have started positively with 2 wins and 2 draws from their opening 4 league games has seen Bilic's side move to 6th in the table. The two wins coming away from home bodes well coming into this game but the four games without a clean sheet is also a concern.

Historically, this fixture heralds goals with over 2.5 goals being scored in 5 of the last 6 meetings. The Rams held the advantage over the Baggies last season with two heavy wins but a lot has changed since then. Both teams are showing an eye for goal lately with more than 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Derby's last 6 games and all of West Brom's last four games. I'm not sure Derby are fully settled yet and West Brom just seem too dangerous as a unit. I'm edging towards an away win in a pulsating game.

West Brom Draw No Bet @ 2.10 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.89 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, and @the bastardian.

I agree on Stoke, the manager was slagging them off after their last game, I backed them way too many times last season but won't be making that mistake again! 

My only bet so far is on Swansea to beat Birmingham. Just short of evens looks a great price to me. I backed Barnsley to beat Birmingham but they weren't good enough, but Swansea are in form and should be in the play-off mix and look more like 1/2 shots to me. Scored 3 in each of their last 3  games and if Birmingham fold like they did against Forest I can see Swansea smashing them, so I will have a small bet on the -2 handicap @ 15/2 as well.

Hull City vs Bristol City

Hull City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Eric Lichaj (3/0 d, captain), Callum Elder (0/0 d), Angus MacDonald (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Bristol City

Out (injuries/other): Adam Nagy (2/1 m), Marley Watkins (0/0 m), Saikou Janneh (0/0 f), Niki Maenpaa (0/0 g), Jay Dasilva (1/0 d), Korey Smith (0/0 m)

Middlesbrough vs Millwall FC

Middlesbrough

Doubtful: Dael Fry (0/0 m, probably in), George Friend (1/0 d, captain)

Out (injuries/other): Hayden Coulson (2/0 d)

Millwall FC

Out (injuries/other): Jiri Skalak (1/0 m), Frank Fielding (1/0 first goalkeeper), Tom Elliott (0/0 f), Jordan Archer (0/0 g)

Suspended: Jed Wallace (3/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

hull city should win their match but i don't see bristol letting them off the hook that easy.i still don't trust hull city defensively they are leaking goals but i think they will make a strong start and score a goal but bristol city will claim a point maybe 2-2 in the end.

millwall can be such a pain in the arse to predict. it's seem they can go from one extreme to another. they sometimes get trashed and yet other times they are hard to beat. it's anyone's guess what is going to happen here. if middlesborough get ahead first i could see them winning it but i'm also sure millwall won't let them get the second that easily.

i'm not sure barnsley are in peak form yet. i expected them to win over birmingham but they failed. luton are in much better shape and they could get a result here eszpecially as they seem confident in front of goal

Blackburn vs Cardiff

OK, so the Championship season hasn't started very well for my Cardiff side. We've lost a couple of games we didn't think we would, our number one keeper and one of our better defenders are out injured, and Neil Warnock hasn't quite worked out his best XI yet. Wednesday night was a lot more positive though and we'll be hoping to take that into Saturday's 3pm BST kick-off away to Blackburn at Ewood Park.

Blackburn are a side that have gone under a lot of people's radars this season. Tony Mowbray has slowly been building a side that could cause problems for a lot of teams this season. The summer signings of Stewart Downing, Bradley Johnson, and Sam Gallagher have addressed the weaknesses in the team. A poor start of two defeats in their first two league games has been turned around with two victories and two clean sheets against Middlesbrough and Hull. Scoring goals is still an issue but Rovers will be confident they can make it three wins in a row on home turf here.

Cardiff have had a nightmare so far. A lot of things that could have gone wrong have gone wrong. The main criticisms right now have been the lack of pace and positional discipline of our defence, our midfield lacking any creativity, and our wingers not getting the right deliveries into the box. A lot of this was addressed on Wednesday in the 2-1 win over Huddersfield. The victory came late but we really deserved to win by 3 or 4 goals I think. Our striker Robert Glatzel still hasn't opened his account but he's making all the right runs so it feels like a matter of time. Lee Tomlin offered the creativity we've been missing. Our defence looked more cohesive. Alex Smithies is starting to show his real ability. It feels a bit more positive.

I'm feeling a lot better about Cardiff after midweek but I'm still not sure we are in a place where we can get a win here. It still feels like we have a few issues that need sorting. I'm not convinced our midfield is right. Our wingers need to improve on their service. Glatzel needs to score as soon as possible before it becomes an issue. Blackburn will be up for this and they're a decent side this season. I'd take a draw and I think we can get it.

Draw @ 3.54 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.80 with Sportingbet

Wednesday usually perform badly at preston so I'm expecting a defeat.

The managerial situation has not yet been decided upon, it seems as if Chansiri is waiting for a couple of defeats before he brings a new manager in.

The reason I say this is when Bruce left he took 2 coaches with him, so 2 coaches and one cabbage head down and none replaced.

This shows poor leadership imo but making quick decisions is not his strong point.

Huddersfield's miserable form continues and they look short at 6/5 against an improving reading team. Huddersfield are joint bottom on 1 point with a draw and three losses so far. Reading after 2 losses and the introduction of George puscas and lucas joao have beaten Cardiff 3-0 at home and drawn 1-1 away to west brom.

selection: reading at 5/2 b365

Edited by waynecoyne

Swansea vs Birmingham

We have one Championship game coming up this weekend when high-flying Swansea take on a solid Birmingham side in a midday kick-off this Sunday at the Liberty Stadium. Both teams will have been pleased with their respective starts to the season and this game is a chance for either side to further build on their encouraging starts to this new Championship season.

Swansea, as hard as it is for me to admit, are looking decent this season under Steve Cooper. The former England under-17 World Cup-winning head coach came in and was forced to deal with a mass of departures from his playing squad with the likes of Oliver McBurnie, Daniel James, Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer, Luciano Narsingh, Martin Olsson, and Jordan Ayew all exiting the club. A limited number of arrivals has left Cooper's squad thin but they're exceeding expectations so far with 3 wins and 1 draw from their first 4 league games.

Birmingham were another side that came into this season left wanting. The departure of Garry Monk saw Pep Clotet appointed as caretaker manager. Star striker Che Adams left the club for Southampton but a number of incomings have bulked the quality of the squad up. The Blues have started with 2 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss. It leaves them in 12th place heading into this game but a win would potentially move them above Swansea up into 3rd place in the table.

Striker Borja Baston is the key man for Swansea having scored 4 goals and set up 1 in the league so far. This is a Swans side that are taking the attack to their opponents having scored three goals in each of their last three games. Their home form in front of goal is even better with the team having scored two or more goals in 8 of their last 9 home matches. Just one goal scored on the road for the visiting side in their last three away league games suggests this could be a tough encounter for them. Swansea to win this game and they could win well if they score early.

Swansea to Win @ 2.05 with Unibet

Swansea HT/FT @ 3.40 with BetVictor

Swansea x Birmingham

Swansea have been one of the coolest teams to follow in the Championship, after great work from Graham Potter in the off season, where the experienced players left the new players room to develop, so it was with McBurnie who went to Sheffield United and with Daniel James who is already taking place captive at Manchester United. In addition to these new players, the team keeps many players formed by the club in the team and are really promises with possible highlight if the team is promoted to the Premier League.

The team, besides having a base with great names such as McRoberts, Grimes and George Byers, has hired Celina from Man City who is a great player despite the lack of goals, and has combined it with players who are down in the league. at the moment but has the potential to surrender a lot like Borja Baston (the biggest signing in club history) and Andre Ayew, who does many offensive functions and is also an excellent player.

Birmingham lost their best players in Jota and Che Adams, who went to Aston Villa and Southampton respectively, and besides having a very weak team, they also have a squad that really doesn't seem to have much room for evolution.

Swansea playing at home is a very good team, and it has appeared to be a team to fight for access this season, this one simple win line pleases me a lot, but I still find Swansea superior enough to be able to meet the - 0.75, so let's go.

Swansea -0,75 @2.16 Pinnacle 3 units

As a high performance hunter I have an obligation not to look at the classic elements of a race but to look for holes where a high performance team can win.  I will not agree with the older friend who spoke of weakening Birmingham. No team is based on two single players. Rather like a team of aggressors like Jutkevich. Perhaps some will laugh out loud as a hunter of great English returns that today Swansea will have an undefeated all-time opponent at home. He has not had a belly in any match so in the near future we will have a total loss of points with defeat. And with a Birmingham opponent with fast strikers I think losing points can come. After all, if I miss the match against Nottingham, we will see that the visitors have a good defensive line. For me the risk of going over double is worth a very significant rate and I will honor it.

AWAY WIN - (4.33 bet365)

JPG.jpg

Edited by THEODORE-007