** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wed Aug 21st

5.00 Worcester

Skinflint is a horse who I have put up twice following his 2nd to Midnight Folie at Newton Abbot in June. Obviously he bumped into a well handicapped one that day as he did when he was 2nd over hurdles here last month. I thought he had a good chance to go one better on his next start, but he didn't see the trip out and I really think this 2m4f is the trip he wants. I didn't fancy him last week when he ran back at Newton Abbot as his runs on soft ground had been poor and he never travelled or jumped well, yet still managed to finish 2nd to another well handicapped Dr Newland horse. Here for me he gets his ideal conditions. He is over the right trip, on the right ground, in the right grade and there doesn't appear to be one potentially thrown in. He is well handicapped and just has been unlucky since he went back under Rules from his spell pointing and I think he can finally get the victory his performances over the last couple of months deserve.

7.30 Worcester

Must admit wasn't exactly expecting to see a bet in the Mares Maiden Hurdle (7.30) so it wasn't until I was looking at the rest of the card that I spotted that Teeton Power was running in this race. She has never run over hurdles, but these brush hurdles are like mini point fences so there is no reason why she shouldn't be suited by them, indeed she might actually improve for them. I put her up at Cartmel, but she could never get an easy lead and was well beaten in the end. She then landed e/w support at Uttoxeter where she ran really well, but didn't quite see it out albeit the winner was really well handicapped. At Market Rasen earlier in the month she missed the start and obviously couldn't lead after that although she travelled well into the race before not seeing the trip out again. 2m4f round here should be up her street and as long as she doesn't blow the start again she should be able to lead. This looks on paper a really weak contest and if she does translate her pointing and chasing form to hurdles then she ought to go close.