Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Eredivisie Predictions > Aug 16th - 18th

VVV Venlo vs AFC Ajax

VVV Venlo

Doubtful: Danny Post (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Christian Kum (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

AFC Ajax

Doubtful: Noussair Mazraoui (2/0 d), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (1/2 f)

Out (injuries/other): Carel Eiting (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Feyenoord vs Utrecht

Another weekend of action is heading our way in the Eredivisie and my focus turns to one side that hasn't really got their season properly started yet. Feyenoord are long considered one of the giants of Dutch football but they come into this 3:45pm BST kick-off on Sunday against Utrecht having only managed to get two draws from their first two league games of the season. Not a great start for a team with title aspirations.

Feyenoord are one of the big three in Dutch football alongside Ajax and PSV. You always expect to see them up there challenging. New manager Jaap Stam continues to learn more about his side but a 2-2 draw at home to Sparta followed by a 1-1 draw with Heerenveen has left their fan base frustrated and left the club sitting in a lowly 12th place already well off the title pace.

Utrecht could not have wished for a better start to their season. John van den Brom's men have picked up two wins from their first two games and what victories they have been. The first was a 4-2 win over ADO Den Haag away and the second was a 3-1 win at home to PEC Zwolle. Arguably not the strongest of opposition but you can't do better than beat what's in front of you.

Form is playing a big role in my thinking here. Feyenoord have only won 1 of their last 6 matches across all competitions compared to Utrecht that have only lost 1 of their last 6 matches. The prospect of a draw or even a Utrecht upset here is very appealing. I think if Feyenoord still had van Bronckhorst in charge then it might be different but Stam is still feeling his way into the managerial hot seat. I think we could see Utrecht potentially take something here.

Utrecht Double Chance @ 1.93 with Unibet

Total Goals Over 3.5 @ 2.46 with Marathonbet

@laprikon, @TOTTI3, @Rimmed, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @malabgd, @Niceguy, and @Charon84, what bets are you guys lining up this weekend?