** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Melbourne Masters

Fader

This weekend we're again in Australia for the Melbourne Masters. This event will also be on ITV much like the Brisbane Masters and the NZ Darts Masters also which follow this event, next week.

Peter Wright is the defending champion here this weekend. He beat Michael Smith 11-8 in the final.

For me, the value is with Daryl Gurney. Gurney had a good Brisbane Masters really and although he will be disappointed going out to Rob Cross after beating MVG you have to take your hat off to Rob Cross when he's hitting a 106+ average. Gurney stayed pretty solid in ther 95-96 average throughout and although he'd have to beat Rob Cross again here, when you think Rob is 4/1 and Gurney is 16/1 it's pretty easy to see where the value is, in the bottom half of the draw.

The other 2 I will take are big outsiders. The first is Corey Cadby. Corey is the kind of player that could beat anybody on his day. He got a fresh Gary Anderson in the Brisbane, round 1, but he's the type of player who gets better as he goes through a draw and he's worth very small stakes here. I'll also do the same with Brisbane winner, Damon Heta. At 66/1, he's well worth a point to see if he's got the skills to stick with the big boys.

2pts E/W D.Gurney to win the Melbourne Masters 16/1 bet365
1pt E/W C.Cadby to win the Melboure Masters 33/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W D.Heta to win Melbourne Masters 66/1 paddypower

On 8/20/2019 at 7:54 PM, crghsam said:

Was this broadcast live in UK on TV and if so what sort of time was it one, cus I missed it ?

Welcome mate. Yes, ITV4 7am both days.

Edit. 7 am. It's early hours being in New Zealand. 

So Friday this gets going and the draw is out now :

P.Wright Vs D.Heta
J.Wade Vs C.Caldwell
D.Gurney Vs D.Platt
R.Van Barneveld Vs C.Harris
MVG Vs K.Anderson
G.Anderson Vs H.Puha
R.Cross Vs W.Parry
S.Whitlock Vs B.Robb

A nice draw for Heta as Peter Wright is looking out of form to me. He was on fire a month or so back when he was winning back-to-back tournaments. However, he's lost 3 of his last 5 matches and even in the matches he won, they were close and against far inferiior players to him. He struggled his way through last week and once he got up against MVG he got ruined 8-0. Heta is on a wave at the moment. He's beaten Gary Anderson, Whitlock and Cross 2 weeks ago and last week he beat Wade before coming up against a bang in form Cross who was averaging 110 after 6 legs.

I feel like Heta is value for that match and I'm going to take him to win. The 4/6 on Heta +2.5 handicap looks a sound bet also. As unless Wright really turns up here, you'd expect it to be no worse than 6-4 Wright.

4pts D.Heta to beat P.Wright 9/4 betfair