** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Aug 17th

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

The League One, League Two, Scottish League One, and Scottish League Two odds and ratings are out for next weekend. There are no Scottish Premier League or Scottish Championship matches because the majority of those sides are contesting the Scottish League Cup. Scan through the stats above and share any tips you have for the matches heading our way next weekend. :ok

Bolton youngsters have shown they can put up a fight by taking a point from Coventry side last weekend. It looks like takeover will finally get through soon and while we all understand that team is in huge turmoil, i still cant see why on earth odds on Tranmere can be so low as 1.28. They are one of biggest relegation candidates and if things werent so bad for Bolton and Bury, they would have even less chance of staying this season. I think some asian line present value for sure and maybe we would see few first teamers in squad this week as takeover deal is being finalized.

Sunderland vs Portsmouth

Interesting thoughts going on above. Particularly @gruja's thoughts on Bolton. My focus is on the epic clash between bitter rivals Sunderland and Portsmouth in League One. These two sides kick-off at 12:30pm on Saturday lunch-time at the Stadium of Light. Recent encounters between the two clubs have been feisty affairs and despite being located at opposite ends of England they have become very passionate enemies.

Sunderland let promotion slip through their fingers last season and Jack Ross has seen his side start this campaign in low-key fashion. Two 1-1 draws in the league against Oxford and Ipswich have been boosted by a 3-1 win against Accington Stanley in the EFL Cup 1st Round. It's not a disaster because the Black Cats remain unbeaten but it's not the best of starts to a league season for a team that harbours promotion aspirations.

Portsmouth have had a mixed start to this season. The opening day 1-0 loss away to Shrewsbury was a disappointment but Kenny Jackett's men have bounced back with a 3-0 win over Birmingham in the EFL Cup 1st Round and then a 2-0 victory against Tranmere in the league. This is a tough encounter for Pompey. It was Sunderland who prevailed as winners over two legs with a 1-0 aggregate score in the play-offs last season.

However, it is only 1 win for Sunderland over 90 minutes in the past 11 meetings between these two sides in all competitions. Three of the last four encounters have ended in a draw and I am swaying towards that outcome here. It's early days for both teams with both looking to move up the table. I think both will be in the promotion mix come May and a draw here wouldn't be the worst score for either side.

Draw @ 3.40 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.64 with Marathonbet

Tranmere Rovers vs Bolton Wanderers

Tranmere Rovers

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Jake Caprice (0/0 d), Mark Ellis (0/0 d), Evan Gumbs (0/0 d), Ishmael Miller (0/0 f)

Suspended: Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (1/0 f)

Bolton Wanderers

Doubtful: Dennis Politic (2/0 m), Liam Edwards (2/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Connor Hall (0/0 f), Josh Earl (1/0 m), Erhun Oztumer (1/0 m, left the club)

Suspended: -

Coventry City vs Bristol Rovers

Coventry City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Jamie Allen (0/0 m), Josh Pask (0/0 d)

Bristol Rovers

Doubtful: Mark Little (2/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Tareiq Holmes-Dennis (0/0 d), Sam Matthews (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Falkirk should stroll to the league title in League One given the players they've brought in over the summer. Montrose are a decent side after reaching the play-offs last year, but Falkirk should be too strong for them and come in off the back of a big win against Dumbarton last weekend. 

Peterhead host a Dumbarton side who look absolutely terrible based on their League Cup campaign and first couple of league games. Peterhead picked up a respectable point on the opening day at home to Falkirk, and as mentioned Dumbarton were thumped 6-0 by Falkirk last weekend. Peterhead should pick up their first win of the season here. 

Cove demolished Edinburgh City at home on the opening day, and followed that up with a dramatic 4-4 draw away to Albion last week. 9 goals in their opening 2 league games and I fancy them to add a few more to that today. 

Falkirk (-1) v Montrose (6/5)
Peterhead v Dumbarton (7/10)
Cove (-1) v Cowdenbeath (5/4)

Treble pays 7.42/1. If you're feeling a little braver and fancy all with the handicap then Peterhead (-1) is around 7/4 and boosts this to 12.61/1. 

Edited by Sierra Delta

Good to have another Scottish punter here @Sierra Delta :ok

Hibernian v Morton.

I fully expect Hibs to bounce back today after last weeks humiliation at Ibrox with a win against Championship side Morton. The odds for the home win are too skinny for me though and I'm not totally convinced we'll beat any handicaps either. Can see a narrow, nervous home win. No bet for me.

Elgin v Stenhousemuir.

I was quite impressed with Elgin when Hibs played them in the League Cup a few weeks ago, it struck me as a difficult place to go for any League Two side. They've started the season well and can take the points today against a bang average Stenhousemuir. Odds for the home win look generous.

Elgin @ 2.15 (Hills) - 1 pt

Edited by allyhibs

Colchester vs Cambridge

League Two enters its third round of fixtures today with a full schedule of matches. The game that stands out for me as possessing the best value is a 3pm BST kick-off between Colchester and Cambridge at the Colchester Community Stadium. It could be a tough season for both of these teams if they don't start getting wins on the board soon. Will that happen for one of these sides today?

Colchester were not expecting to tear up any trees this season but after an 8th placed finish just outside the play-offs last season there was a little bit of expectation amongst their fans that John McGreal's side could break into the top seven this year. A salvaged 1-1 draw at home to Port Vale was followed up by a disappointing 1-0 loss away to Plymouth. A 3-0 destruction of Swindon in the EFL Cup 1st Round has boosted morale slightly but a first league win will be wanted as soon as possible.

Cambridge know that this season is all about survival. The U's have been tipped by many to struggle this year and their two 0-0 draws against Bradford and Newport County to begin this campaign hasn't shown anything that would suggest otherwise. A 5-4 victory on penalties after a 1-1 draw over 90 minutes against Championship side Brentford in the EFL Cup 1st Round could prove an instigator for a run of positive results but this is a tough ask.

It is the home side in this game that edges the head-to-head with Colchester having lost just 1 of the past 4 meetings. In fact, the last time Cambridge won a game at Colchester was a 2-1 victory back on 10th November, 1989. It's going to be hard for the travelling side to take all three points here and that's why I'd be surprised if Colchester didn't seal the win with relative ease. It'll be low-scoring but if Colchester settle early they'll have a business-like win.

Colchester to Win @ 1.99 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfred