** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Kevin Pullein Saturday Picks 2019/20

With hindsight I'd have preferred another postponement! Never surprising to see your team out cornered when they've won the match. 1-0 to Oxford but 3-7 on corners. That's a 3rd consecutive losing bet after a run of 6 straight winners. Normal service resumed next week hopefully!

13 winners and 2 pushes from 24 bets, 4.325 points up with an ROI of 20.121% to advised stakes, 5.95 points up with an ROI of 24.79% to level stakes.

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, harry_rag said:

First selection, as far as I’m aware, since lockdown began.

Under 6.5 Asian total cards in Athletic Bilbao v Mallorca, 0.5pt at 1.75 with 365.

Can you tell me, please, how does it come Asian on 6.5 line? I thought Asian always had push option, and there's no push with 6.5 line, it's either won or lost, no push, correct?

Asian lines have a push option where the line involves a whole number but there’s no push on a 1.5 line in terms of match result.

365 quote an Asian line and a straight over/under line. The latter will always involve a half point line so that the push isn’t a runner while the former will sometimes be a whole number line where a push is possible.

For this game the line was 6.5 in both markets but, as is always the case with 365, the price was slightly better in the AH market (1.75 v 8/11).

Where stakes are limited, it’s likely a lower limit will apply to the AH line than the straight over/under. Pretty much every week I find myself having to top up on the over/under line to get anything like a worthwhile stake on.

hi, mate, i followed your forum posts for years. Now i'm trying to understand how Kevin works to find the best odds for us. I would just like to ask where I can read these tips from Kevin himself. That last one, for example, I couldn't find on the racingpost.

Thanks for the effort, cheers from Brazil

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, harry_rag said:

15 winners and 2 pushes from 28 bets, 4.61 points up with an ROI of 19.21% to advised stakes, 5.61 points up with an ROI of 20.03% to level stakes.

Ok, I'm calling time on the 19/20 season on the basis that the next bet Kev posts will relate to the 20/21 season, so the above is the final tally for the season. It's fair to say that, given the limits applied by the firms he tends to favour, I don't win a huge amount following these selections. Hopefully some of you manage to do a bit better. I would buy him a drink though, for his thoughts on the last day of the Premier League season. His comments about teams in the position of Villa, Watford and Bournemouth getting 59% of the corners flagged a very nice "most corners" trixie!

Overall position now looks like this (going back to the 2013/14 season).

241 bets showing a level stakes profit of 57.82 points with an ROI of 23.99%. This is the fourth season I've recorded to advised stakes, which show 132 bets, 31.78 points profit and ROI of 27.63%.

The level stakes ROI has been (earliest to latest) 27.03%, 25.91%, 13.04%, 21.84%, 41.06%, 19.75% and 20.04%.