** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Womens Golf

Striker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished almost last!

But Yu Liu has her first start of the year this week, and would not like to see her go unbacked at 200-1 with Unibet

At 80-1 Celine Boutier would also not be without a chance as played Ok in the season opener,and finished 4th on this weeks course last year

Last season Sophia Popov improved her profile considerably with 3 wins on the Cactus Tour in Arizona at a time when there was no other ladies' golf taking place due to the pandemic. She showed her improvement was far from a fluke by winning the Womens Open at Troon.

Popov opened this season with a creditable top 10 at Diamond Resorts in Florida and could figure prominently again at this week's event in Orlando, Florida.

Sophia Popov is 90/1 generally and can also be backed on Spreadex' leaderboard Index where she is 5 to buy (top 8 players to count).

On 2/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, Striker said:

Finished almost last!

But Yu Liu has her first start of the year this week, and would not like to see her go unbacked at 200-1 with Unibet

At 80-1 Celine Boutier would also not be without a chance as played Ok in the season opener,and finished 4th on this weeks course last year

Yu played much better to finish in the top 16 despite a poor opening round, but Boutier was very disappointing and missed the cut

On 3/3/2021 at 5:59 AM, Striker said:

This week will hope Yu Liu can continue her momentum from last week

Each Way [6 places] @ 125-1 Paddy Power

Good luck? .

I'll stick with Sophia Popov again for outright at 70/1 and, more realistically, top 10 finish at 5/1.

Also backed Angel Yin each way at 110/1. She is very inconsistent and will probably have at least one poor round to offset the birdie machine she can be. Finished 7th last week so in form.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:59 AM, Striker said:

This week will hope Yu Liu can continue her momentum from last week

Each Way [6 places] @ 125-1 Paddy Power

Tied 19th and but for a horror 3rd round would probably have placed

But signs her game is coming back and any 3 figure odds next time should be snapped up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 3:26 AM, Striker said:

Missed the cut...so no more involvement, unless 200-1 +

Honda LPGA this week. One of my favourite tournaments as I know the course well. I used to play it a couple a times a month about 15yrs ago. Not an easy course ( well not for me anyway!!)

Your Chinese girl Liu has played well here before . 10th either in 2019 or 2018. Just giving you the heads up in case you missed her!!

I have not seen the entrants list yet, but there are a couple of Thai girls who should do well if playing ...Patty T played well in the HSBC, as did Muriya Jutanugarn ( top ten finisher here the last twice)

On 5/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, Wanderlust said:

Honda LPGA this week. One of my favourite tournaments as I know the course well. I used to play it a couple a times a month about 15yrs ago. Not an easy course ( well not for me anyway!!)

Your Chinese girl Liu has played well here before . 10th either in 2019 or 2018. Just giving you the heads up in case you missed her!!

I have not seen the entrants list yet, but there are a couple of Thai girls who should do well if playing ...Patty T played well in the HSBC, as did Muriya Jutanugarn ( top ten finisher here the last twice)

I picked the wrong sister!! Story of my life! 

Small profit with Patty T getting joint 5th.

Some of these girls can really bomb it now. Patty T was averaging 282 yds off the tee on a course with ZERO roll, such were the underfoot conditions!!

And young Atthaya Thitikul!!!! All I can say is Wow!! 18yrs old, the way she hits it and her demeanour on the course, her temperament. She has it all. Unlucky loser. But congrats to Ariya. Experience told. Her 2nd shot to the last hole was class.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the start of this month Czech amateur, Sara Kouskova, won the Czech Challenge on the LET Access Series Tour by 8 shots at 14 under par over a 3-round tournament. Tomorrow sees the main tour resume with the Czech Ladies Open. It's the usual rather ordinary field with no big guns participating. Kouskova should be full of confidence and may be worth an each way play at 40/1 (skybet).

Also on my radar are Pia Babnik, Christine Wolf, Sandra Gal and Anne-Lise Caudal. At the prices available have had a small each way on Anne-Lise Caudal at 150/1 (Bet 365).

• 4 weeks later...