** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

A profitabe 0-0/ over 1.5 goals method!

Dear all,

Long term reader on here, first post.

While reading another forum somewhere else, I came across this (from a few years ago), please take a look:

Football/Soccer matches

1. Place a BTL trade on 0-0 in the correct score market.
2. Place a BTL trade on Over 1.5 goals in the goals market.

Now, this is not a dead cert or ARB. But when the odds allow in both markets then the following occurs:

- You get to half-time and no goals have been scored. The odds on 1 above will have nearly halved allowing you to cover any loss on 2 above and still make a nice profit.

- A goal gets scored before half time which means 1 above is lost but the odds on 2 above have shrunk enough to cover that loss and still make a nice profit.

However, you will need to research which games to trade on. Ideally the odds on 2 above should be >= 1.4 or so. You will also need to work out what stakes to use on each.Football/Soccer matches

1. Place a BTL trade on 0-0 in the correct score market.
2. Place a BTL trade on Over 1.5 goals in the goals market.

Now, this is not a dead cert or ARB. But when the odds allow in both markets then the following occurs:

- You get to half-time and no goals have been scored. The odds on 1 above will have nearly halved allowing you to cover any loss on 2 above and still make a nice profit.

- A goal gets scored before half time which means 1 above is lost but the odds on 2 above have shrunk enough to cover that loss and still make a nice profit.

However, you will need to research which games to trade on. Ideally the odds on 2 above should be >= 1.4 or so. You will also need to work out what stakes to use on each.

I've tried all sorts of staking combinations at multiple different odds and not once have I come across a situation at HT where you're going to be in profit as described above.

So, just wanted to see what people here thought:

1) The guy is just taking the piss, knowing full well its not possible?

2) Betfair has now changed, and it's no longer possible (original post was from 2016)

3) I've missed something?

Thanks for the input, looking forward to hearing back from y'all.

Lion

:welcome to Punters Lounge @Lionheart123  :cheers 

I'll be honest, I think I've just had a stroke trying to read that! :loon 

Systems never have a guarantee of rewarding the same returns in future years, because systems are often created on backdated data which doesn't always hold up. Everything changes over time, so it's risky to just be betting one dimensionally in my opinion. :ok 

However, you will need to research which games to trade on. Ideally the odds on 2 above should be >= 1.4 or so. You will also need to work out what stakes to use on each.Football/Soccer matches

Well @Lionheart123 - this comment is at best vague and bordering being locked up in a padded cell in my opinion! It's so random and variable, there isn't even a system here.