Jump to content
Announcements
** Poker League Results : July: 1st McG, 2nd Rhino_Power, 3rd Elliott Sutcliffe; August: 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd Rivrd **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st LEE-GRAYS, 2nd Gary66, 3rd LeMale, 4th RUG. KO Cup Winner DONNYFLYER. Most Winners TVY: **

Boxing Tips: July/August/September 2019


Recommended Posts

Plenty of boxing on tonight, and some interesting fights. :ok 

Chisora v Szpilka

Not seen much of Szpilka, but his record has nobodies all over it. It's a question of will Chisora knock him out or not? I think there's good value Chisora on points as I can't see Szpilka wanting to trade blow for blow, so may well just hit and run or just totally run. :lol 

Chisora by Decision/Technical Decision @ 7/4 Betfair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

David Allen v David Price

This is so hard to call for so many reasons. Allen has been a journeyman for years who never really took boxing seriously, but is now taking it more serious and in good shape, well for him anyway. ;) 

Price can literally knock anyone in the world out such is his power, but often gets caught and then finished off.

The best boxer is without question Price, the most power is with Price, the best chin is with Allen, but boxing skills wise he's not a match for Price.

Allen shouldn't be 1/2 (1.50) against anyone in my opinion and Price, well if he loses this, that's it he's finished. I just feel Price will knock him out early and the odds are generous in my opinion.

Price to win @ 15/8 BetVictor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whyte v Rivas

I don't see how Rivas can win on points because he's just not a busy enough fighter from what I've seen of him. He was losing on points to Bryant Jennings, before KO'ing him in the 12th round, but that's the only half decent name on his record. He has a good KO percentage, but I reckon Jessica Alba could have knocked out half of those guys. :loon 

Can he step up at this level? That remains to be seen.

Whyte has improved since fighting Joshua and he's a busy fighter, so if it goes to points, he wins all day long. It's all about Rivas here, and if he can produce at this level. From what I've seen, I'm not convinced.

Whyte to beat Rivas by Decision or Technical Decision @ 11/10 (2.10) @ Bet365

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

David Allen v David Price

This is so hard to call for so many reasons. Allen has been a journeyman for years who never really took boxing seriously, but is now taking it more serious and in good shape, well for him anyway. ;) 

Price can literally knock anyone in the world out such is his power, but often gets caught and then finished off.

The best boxer is without question Price, the most power is with Price, the best chin is with Allen, but boxing skills wise he's not a match for Price.

Allen shouldn't be 1/2 (1.50) against anyone in my opinion and Price, well if he loses this, that's it he's finished. I just feel Price will knock him out early and the odds are generous in my opinion.

Price to win @ 15/8 BetVictor

Booom! :nana Price played it long and boxed his head off for 10 rounds! :clap 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Whyte v Rivas

I don't see how Rivas can win on points because he's just not a busy enough fighter from what I've seen of him. He was losing on points to Bryant Jennings, before KO'ing him in the 12th round, but that's the only half decent name on his record. He has a good KO percentage, but I reckon Jessica Alba could have knocked out half of those guys. :loon 

Can he step up at this level? That remains to be seen.

Whyte has improved since fighting Joshua and he's a busy fighter, so if it goes to points, he wins all day long. It's all about Rivas here, and if he can produce at this level. From what I've seen, I'm not convinced.

Whyte to beat Rivas by Decision or Technical Decision @ 11/10 (2.10) @ Bet365

 

Whyte wins comfortable on points. :beer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm going to take Yarde to beat Kovalev Saturday night. Kov has lost 3 of his last 6 where as Yarde (although thrown into the deep end) has the look of a real top boxer. I like him alot and the price looks a decent shout. It wouldln't suprise me if we saw Yarde win inside 6 rounds too (5/1 various)

4pts A.Yarde to beat S.Kovalev 7/4 betvictor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2019 at 3:58 PM, Fader said:

Top tipping Punt. Has Whyte come out about the cheating yet really? I've not seen much in terms of him denying it?

All gone a bit quiet on that front, no doubt for legal reasons. Shames if it's true, but he did get cleared to fight too, so it's all a bit strange. :unsure 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, Fader said:

I'm going to take Yarde to beat Kovalev Saturday night. Kov has lost 3 of his last 6 where as Yarde (although thrown into the deep end) has the look of a real top boxer. I like him alot and the price looks a decent shout. It wouldln't suprise me if we saw Yarde win inside 6 rounds too (5/1 various)

4pts A.Yarde to beat S.Kovalev 7/4 betvictor

Well done Fader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, Sir Puntalot said:

All gone a bit quiet on that front, no doubt for legal reasons. Shames if it's true, but he did get cleared to fight too, so it's all a bit strange. :unsure 

I think that's why Ruiz doesn't want to fight AJ in Saudia Arabia. They clear to fight and ask questions after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...