** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Nottingham Forest Chat (2019/20) - A Thread Focused On the Tricky Trees

NOTTINGHAM FOREST (SEASON 2019 - 2020)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Can NOTTINGHAM FOREST promote this year...?????

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/2019 at 03:00 PM

A very difficult year started for the forest. A year-long landmark for the reds. Owner Marinakis has big plans for the team. The fatman is maniac with red and white colors. Both teams Olympiakos piraeus and nottingham forest  can easily support economically from him. First priority a much better CITY GROUND and a strong team to fight for promotion. The new season started with Martin o`Neil as manager. After many days irish manager fired for only one reason in my opinion. Because the irish manager played the classic and predictable English growth in the field. So the team management took the decision to risk a French coach Lamouchiu with a different mentality in the play game without experience in the category but with passion for distinction. Coming nice transfers like adomah and Ameobi and Muric and three players from Benfica with big promises. For me the forest frontline this year is great and powerfull with Ameobi, Grabban, Loolley and Adomah and with Carvalho ready in small chronical time. The problem about Carvalho is the Fortunis injured  at Olympiakos and maybe the portugal player coming in Piraeus. Generally i wait a big fighting and killing team this season but i have some objections for the midfield line.

Today have a friendly game at my city Peristeri, Greeece against Atromitos and i will see Nottingham closely.

Atromitos has a nice team the last years. The style of the team is defensive with counter attacks and today Nottingham has a nice opportunity to check the attack line and offensive systems.

Edited by THEODORE-007

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Can Nottingham Forest Get Promoted This Year?

I think if they had kept hold of Aitor Karanka then they could be in a position by now to challenge but alas they got rid of him. I think removing Martin O'Neill was a good idea based on what the rumours were behind the scenes. Sabri Lamouchi as a manager is a massive gamble. It could pay off like similar appointments for Watford, Huddersfield, and Norwich have done recently but it could also end in tears. I'm worried it'll be the latter. I say worried because I love Nottingham. I have friends and family that live there, I spent a fair amount of time growing up visiting there, I also have a friend that supports them. I'd hate to see them go down to the third tier again but it's not a totally unrealistic possibility.

@yossa6133 is another resident Tricky Trees supporter. Keen to hear his thoughts.

After yesterday game against Atromitos my hopes for top fight this years making stronger. Inside the field i see a strong attack line but with great pleasure and a nice defense line too. In my opinion there is not possibillity to fall down caregorie. For me with owner Marinakis  the team has possibilities only to do better things. This year i hope we have the best year  of all the last previews. The team making stronger than previous year and has better chances to give good fights.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Nottingham Forest Predictions (2019/20) - A Thread Focused On the Tricky Trees

Tommorow the big friendly game against Olympiakos.

For me the game against Atromitos was a low power game.

Manager Anastasioy is new in the team and now explore it.

But Forest will show her ability in match against Olympiakos.

This is a really taff game for the Forest.

• 2 weeks later...

I see a nice attack line this season but for one more time i believe we have a slow defense line and problem in corner kicks.

I wait to see the first game against west bromwich albion and the second away against leeds. 

Brom and leeds for me is two favorite teams for promotion and those game are very important to check the forest stability between the lines and especially the defense line.

I believe this year will be the best at least of the last ten.

We will see.

Edited by THEODORE-007

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Starting with West Bromwich Albion.

Great game in city ground we have problem now with the tranfer of GUEDIOURA in Kuweit. I believe will have good scoring this year and i believe too will have goal or goals against Brom. Ameobi and Adomah are powerfull guns and will see them at next games. My only fear is the defense line. Very unstable again at static phases.

• 2 weeks later...

Leeds united - nottingham forest  (1 - 1)

Lovelly for me defense line the first good thing. sammy ameobi very good offensive efforts put the Leeds defense in the fray. The very good element of the defensive line especially in the staged phases impressed me. If he arrives and stays that way and in the future we will see a very good team in the stadium this year.

20 hours ago, THEODORE-007 said:

Leeds united - nottingham forest  (1 - 1)

Lovelly for me defense line the first good thing. sammy ameobi very good offensive efforts put the Leeds defense in the fray. The very good element of the defensive line especially in the staged phases impressed me. If he arrives and stays that way and in the future we will see a very good team in the stadium this year.

Not sure which game you watched, but Leeds totally outplayed them but their lack of an out and out striker continues to hurt them. All Forest did was defend in their own half and try and counter. The ELO Ratings back that giving them a poor 16 rating https://www.punterslounge.com/elo-football-ratings/england-championship-match-ratings/performance

I dont know the elo rating formula and the element who play on this formula. I know one thing. I see a nice defense line in the first half, don`t speak for the attack line. The team is at the start line yet. Forest had big defense problems at the staged phases last year and i see big anode there. 

Edited by THEODORE-007

I am very disappointed with the team so far after the Fleetwood match. Where I personally saw some good defense overlapping elements in the match with Leeds in yesterday's game I saw the team falling all the way after the goal. And I see another thing that drives me crazy. sir sabri lamouchi this is not a stupid french league. Here is England. You play with a cool Fleetwood and the only thing you do is lie about the eleven you go down, but when the team's performance went straight after the goal I saw no reaction. Saturday sir sabri lamouchi you are playing against Birmingham and if you keep going like this you will have four goals. So wake up and become a hard trainer because here it is not Lans. You came in the morning but with the mind you follow I see you leaving tonight.

Edited by THEODORE-007

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Nottingham Forest Chat (2019/20) - A Thread Focused On the Tricky Trees

No i can`t see this team. A first half Without nerve, completely unrelated, unable to make a point in the attack. The defense plays like a lazy guy. Fully cut in half. I'm sorry, but this team is not capable of doing well in the league. This is a purely French game mentality, but in English it does not catch on. Unfortunately I think the experiment Lamouchi didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok coming to the 8th matchday this week and and the lies and luck somewhere stopped there. Forest had enough luck until now with leeds, charlton, preston but here against swanseas babιes will see if the sabri`s forest has guts. Babies has great pressing, nice pass, high morale, high passion and finally perfect stamina. I`m not a manager but i feel that. Swansea start the game with full attacking style and i believe we need two things. First a fast  attack player to make fear to the opposite defense line. With this method maybe forest can break the full attack style of the opponents. For me Ameobi must start for this game. And secondly the Worall side. For me is very weak against swanseas attack line. This side need a second support player to help Joe. I hope Lamouchi to read well this time the game band no like the first half of the Preston`s match. The  swansea babies if the most dangerous team until now. Forest play for me enough relax until now except some games. If this style continue in wales the babies will destroye us.

JPG.jpg