Announcements
*** June Competition Winners: Well done to Le Male (NAPS), Coco69 (KO Cup), Saddlesore (Royal Ascot) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Semi-Final Predictions > Jul 14th

afcon2019.jpg

The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Semi-Finals are next in the schedule. After all the shocks and surprise packages we are left with four of the big pre-tournament favourites. Senegal play Tunisia and Algeria take on Nigeria. Who do you think will progress? Let us know any tips or predictions you have below. :ok

@Ameer, @jazzman02, @Sterphyle, @Misa, @vasilli07, @MPLouis, @gazzo, @lorenzo., @mij0sim, @stressina87, @i1_principe, @hristofor, @Niceguy, @markus808, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Mindfulness, @Kenton Schweppes, @salmonman, @potus, @neilovan, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @sajtion, @MangoTheThird, @newjack, @Gedkip, @canaries91, @Xcout, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @four-leaf, @Teodore, @Darran, @Bobby Vegas, @DrO, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @Pep004, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @BobEire, @Odyssey, @Marek76, @thinkpink63, @Val Ngoma, @vicsuna, and @bastia.

Senegal vs Tunisia

The first Semi-Final of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations is coming up at 5pm BST on Sunday with Senegal playing Tunisia at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. One of these teams will be heading to the final and one will go home thinking that they got so near yet ended up so far away from winning the tournament.

Senegal continue to do what needs to be done in this competition. The 1-0 win against Benin in the Quarter-Finals thanks to a 70th minute Idrissa Gueye goal was a 10th win in 11 matches for Aliou Cisse's side. During that run of wins the Lions of Teranga have now kept 9 clean sheets.

Tunisia are starting to really stretch their legs in this tournament. Alain Giresse has now seen his team go unbeaten for 8 matches. The 3-0 win over Madagascar in the Quarter-Finals was their first win over 90 minutes in the knockout phase. Goals from Ferjani Sassi, Youssef Msakni, and Naim Sliti were enough to seal a convincing win and book a place in the last four. It was also just a second clean sheet in 6 matches for the Eagles of Carthage.

It's always gut-wrenching when minnows such as Benin and Madagascar get so far only to be beaten by superior sides. However, I think we're in for a treat here with these two sides. Senegal have looked defensively immense for a number of games and they're sneaking those wins. They're up against a Tunisia side that have really struggled to keep the opposition out and the win over Madagascar was the first time they've scored more than one goal in a game during this tournament. I think Senegal are the side to back here with another tightly fought victory.

Senegal to Win @ 2.10 with Ladbrokes

Anytime Scorer: Sadio Mane @ 2.88 with SpreadEx

Algeria vs Nigeria

The second Semi-Final of the tournament is set to be played at 8pm BST on Sunday evening when Algeria face Nigeria at the Cairo International Stadium in Cairo. Both sides have impressed over the duration of the competition so far but one side will be going home at the penultimate hurdle.

Algeria boast one of the best defensive records at this tournament. Head coach Djamel Belmadi witnessed his side concede their first goal of the tournament in the 1-1 draw with Ivory Coast in the Quarter-Finals. A 4-3 win on penalties came but it was a close shave for the Desert Foxes.

Nigeria have won this tournament three times previously and will be fancying their chances to add a fourth trophy to their history books. Gernot Rohr's side look devastating in attack having beaten South Africa 2-1 in the Quarter-Final with William Troost-Ekong scoring the deciding goal in the 89th minute. That's now 5 goals scored by the Super Eagles in the knockout stages and they look fearless going forward. However, it is also now 5 goals conceded in their last 3 games.

This game is going to have goals. Algeria have scored in every single game in this tournament. Backing both teams to score seems like a logical option. Who will win this game? I'm going to have to back Nigeria draw no bet. I think their attacking prowess will see them through in a battle of attack versus defence.

Nigeria Draw No Bet @ 2.23 with Unibet

BTTS @ 2.20 with William Hill

agree on Senegal should beat this Tunisian team ,  I like this bet but I did not bet 

but to bet against Algeria I dont agree , stadium should be full with Algerians tonight 

they said 8 airplans from Algeria and some locals from Egypt too should support them