** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Predictions > Jul 9th - 11th

uelodds1.jpg

uelodds2.jpg

uelodds3.jpg

The mammoth 2019/20 Europa League 1st Qualifying Round 1st Legs take place this week. The obscure scheduling of the competition means that the action starts tonight with a few games. It then carries on over the next couple of days. I'll get a couple of previews up before the Thursday matches. In the meantime, feel free to post any tips you may have for the games! :ok

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, @Xcout, @allyhibs, @cluelessG, @jazzman02 , @DrO, @chris50, @mtom, @canaries91, @slipkid, @Dzontra85@Marek76, @hristofor, @Philosophy2 @Hitchand @CloughandTaylor.

CSKA Sofia - Titograd

CSKA to score in both halves - 1.61@bet365

For the first time in years CSKA has kept most of their good players and strengthened their squad even more by adding 8 new players to the squad. The ambition is clear - challenging the title in the domestic league and having a good run in Europe. The first step to the latter starts today when they host Titograd. The Montenegrin side finished 4th in their domestic league but from what i've read most of their quality players left the team and this season they will rely mostly on younger, more inexperienced players.

This is the first official game for CSKA for the season and the fans are eager to see the players in action. The team played some solid friendly games and overall the team morale is high. A slight problem might be the absence of both regular central defenders Chorbadjiiski (suspended) and Bodurov (injured, facing a late fitness test but most likely wont be risked). The right back in this game Atanasov would actually be the only weak link in the squad.

Overall CSKA is class above their opponents and if they don't make the foolish mistake of underestimating Titogard they should win easily. The odds for a win are ridiculously low, but I find some value in having CSKA to score in both halves. Last season they loved putting pressure on their opponents from the start and I don't see a reason why shouldn't they do it again tonight. The players are aware that the fans are expecting nothing but a win, so an early goal would definitely make the game easier for them. And from then on I think they should be able to get a couple more in the second half too.

Good luck!  

18 hours ago, mtom said:

CSKA to score in both halves - 1.61@bet365

CSKA - Titograd 
1-0 half time
4-0 full time
Bet won, but boy was I lucky :D Contrary to what I was expecting CSKA actually played quite bad in the first 30 minutes or so. I suppose they were nervous being their first official game and such, but luckily after a free kick and a goalkeeper's error in the 40th minute they managed to score. The second half was much, much better and 4-0 is the least they could've won.

Hello, I'm from Bergen and have some info about Brann who will face Shamrock.

For one year now we have seen Brann become a more and more boring team. They score a goal (no matter who the opponent is) and they lay back and will safe in 1-0. Against the best teams (at least on paper) they park the bus and they doesn't give the opposition much place. That is the plan, so if they concede they are wondering how they will get back in the game. They have good players, but in this system only defensive players comes best out of it. Opdal (Goalkeeper) saved Brann against Molde away. Molde missed a penalty, hit the post and had several other great chances to win, but the game ended 1-1. Against Mjøndalen at home in the last game they only produced few chances, one was however huge and should scored. Late in matches, against everyone, they let them in the game. I think maybe they are tired or they think they are safe if they lead 1-0. They won 1-0 against Lillestrøm a few weeks back, but it was a boring game. In the end Lillestrøm had a big chance, but they missed. Against Mjøndalen, late in the game, Mjøndalen with a good chance, but missed. Brann produce very few chances each games, the coach is happy to win 1-0 and the fans are getting tired and some of them want the coach to go. Not only the fans are not happy with the way things are going, two of the first team players (Koomson and Bamba, latter one bought for 10 millioner NOK(over 1 million euro), that is huge in Norway) went to the media to express their frustration. One the first week, the other one next week. Both of them was left out of the squad in different matches, so things are not going well. Brann-fans have through the years got many managers sacked. And when the manager is about to lose the locker room, and still playing the way they do I can't see Brann winning with many goals here. At home this season they have played 8 games. 7 goals scored in those 8 games. And most of those matches is against low-placed teams. Let's see:

Strømsgoset 1-1 (They are placed last on the table with 10 points after 14 matches)
Kristiansund 2-1 (Kristiansund is placed 6th, but is a weak away team. 4-1-1 at home shows their strength.)
Vålerenga 1-1  (Placed 4th. Could gone both ways, but not a entertaining match)
Ranheim 0-1 (Terrible result for Brann against 11th placed Ranheim)
Sarpsborg 2-1 (Sarpsborg is placed 15th of 16th teams with 12 points after 13 matches)
Rosenborg 0-1 (Boring game again, Rosenborg was not even good here. Brann created some chances, but should beat a weak Rosenborg who is placed 7th now.)
Lillestrøm 1-0 (Lillestrøm is placed 12th, and was without their topscorer, a huge miss for them. Could even score in the end, but missed the chance.)
Mjøndalen 0-0 (Another tragedy. Boring game and Mjøndalen could even won in the end. Would be unfair, Brann had a great chance to score earlier)

If Brann wins against Shamrock it would most possible be with 1 goal. But I'm not sure if they win, bad things are going on, and both players and fans are sick and tired of the boring football they are playing. Under 2,5 goals is almost sure. 1,35 (or a little higher) is very low oods for Brann to win. 

Brann is without their captain Wormgoor. He is very important, a central defender, and is 100% out with injury. May not be ready for the second game either. They have backups, but Wormgoor and Acosta have played most of the games togehter and Acosta have to play with a new one. Interesting how this will go. 

Like I said, Brann have good players, but they are not allowed to play the way they can. Brann is btw placed 5th in the league, but 17-15 in goal difference after 15 games is bad. All teams but 1 have also 1 to 3 matches less than Brann so things can change when they are on level. 

I know nothing about Shamrock, anyone here knows about them? I hope this info will help. 

So Brann to win with 1 goal and under 2,5 is my prediction. Odds 2 (only checked one) for under 2,5 is great value IMO. Maybe Shamrock can score, I don't know, so if anyone have info about them it would be great.

New info: Also Kristoffer Barmen is out with injury for this match. Played 10 matches this season and scored 1 goal. Started on the bench 3 times. 

Edited by kane

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Europa League

Narva Trans have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 15 matches. (UEFA Europa League)
Hibernians have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in 12 of their last 14 matches. (UEFA Europa League)
Connah’s Quay have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches. (UEFA Europa League)
Mura have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches. (UEFA Europa League)

You can find interesting 34 Football Betting Streaks for 11.07.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-07-2019-14919

Connah's Quay vs Kilmarnock

The 2019/20 Europa League 1st Qualifying Round throws up an all-British affair tonight when Welsh Premier League club Connah's Quay play Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock in a 7pm BST kick-off at Belle Vue in Rhyl. Unfortunately, for the Welsh club, due to UEFA regulations, this game won't be played at their home ground of the Deeside Stadium.

Connah's Quay finished in 2nd place in the league last season. That was an incredible feat for Andy Morrison's men who pushed eventual winners TNS for a lot of the season. The Nomads will now be looking to reach the 2nd Qualifying Round of this competition for just the second time in their history.

Kilmarnock suffered the loss of manager Steve Clarke to the Scotland national team job last season. Killie have taken the controversial decision to replace him with former Juventus, Chelsea, and Italy assistant manager Angelo Alessio. It's a bold move for a team that finished 3rd in the SPL last season. It could be a stroke of genius or it could all end in tears.

The form of these two sides could not be more different. Connah's Quay have won just 1 of their last 5 matches in all competitions compared to Kilmarnock who have won 3 of their last 5. The Nomads have also failed to score in 3 of their last 4 games. Not the best of preparations for a game against opponents that have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 5 matches. Backing the visitors to win 2-0 or 3-0 seems like the most logical selection.

Kilmarnock to Win to Nil @ 2.15 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.65 with Betway

Cork City vs Progres Niederkorn

The second preview I'm doing for this 1st Qualifying Round involves a team I saw in the flesh last week so feel I've got a more educated grasp of how they'll play over other teams. Irish club Cork City host Luxembourg side Progres Niederkorn, victors against my hometown club Cardiff Met Uni last week, in a 7:45pm kick-off at Turners Cross in Cork.

Cork City finished as runners up in the League of Ireland Premier Division last season. Frank Kelleher's men are struggling this season down in 7th place and qualification for Europe next season is looking unlikely. The Rebel Army have a fantastic chance to turn this season into a positive one by reaching the next round here.

Progres Niederkorn needed to rely on a late goal to get past Cardiff Met Uni on away goals after a 2-2 draw on aggregate. The Luxembourg side had an average campaign last season and, from what I saw, had pace out wide but lacked a lot else. This is a game that will likely be a tricky one for the travelling side and they are here for the taking.

A concern for me here is Cork City's domestic form of being winless in eight matches. This game could go one of two ways. Either they'll see it as an escape from their league form or that very league form will drag them down. Progres Niederkorn are a team on the up but I think they'll do well to get a draw here. If Cork City can play with more freedom then they could sneak the win. The draw seems like the best bet though.

Draw @ 3.25 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.98 with Unibet