** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Final Predictions > Jul 7th

copaamericafinal.jpg

The 2019 Copa America Final will come to a close this Sunday evening when host nation Brazil face surprise package Peru in the last match of the competition. Both teams have shown their best and worst in this tournament. The two met earlier in the tournament with the host nation coming out as convincing winners. Will we see a repeat result here? Let us know your tips right here! :ok

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, @ant8n, @BobEire, @RIOT88, @Power90, @Adley, @Alexc, @bastia, and @Marek76.

Brazil vs Peru

The Final of the 2019 Copa America is finally here. Host nation Brazil will go head-to-head against underdogs Peru in a 9pm BST kick-off at the Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday evening. Is this game a foregone conclusion or might we witness the biggest shock in the competition's recent history?

Brazil have simply improved as the tournament has progressed. It seems a long time since Tite's men were booed off the pitch at half-time in their first game 3-0 win over Bolivia. The 0-0 draw with Venezuela provoked a further negative response from their own fans before a resounding 5-0 obliteration of Peru in their final group game silenced the naysayers and sealed the Selecao's spot at the top of the group. A narrow 4-3 win on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Paraguay in the Quarter-Finals was fortunate but the 2-0 win over rivals Argentina in the Semi-Finals has put them in a fine position entering this Final.

Peru have reached their first Final in the Copa America since 1975 which is when they last won the competition. It's probably not that surprising that they've got this far given that they've finished in the top three at three of the last four Copa America tournaments. Ricardo Gareca must now overcome a Brazil side that battered his team in the group stages. A 5-4 win on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Uruguay in the Quarter-Finals and then a stunning 3-0 victory over reigning champions Chile was a serious statement of intent.

The fantastic thing about this game is that both teams have grown into the tournament. These teams are in completely different places to when they last met earlier in the tournament. It kind of reminds me of when Portugal played Greece at the 2004 European Championship Final. Portugal had beaten Greece in the group stages and Portugal were the host nation. However, Portugal lost the Final. I'm not sure we'll see the same giant-killing feat happen here. Brazil are looking really good now and I think it'll be a close game with maybe just a goal in it but I'm anticipating a Brazil victory.

Brazil to Win to Nil @ 1.72 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.82 with MarathonBet

A final can be a match and everything can happen, but today has a strong favorite and the odds on betting platforms are extremely small. I expect, to make a strong match, Peru will try to close the venues, not to score goals and to hit the counterattacks. Brazil still has not scored goals and so I expect to be judged on the details, so the few goals have a lot of luck
BRAZIL vs PERU @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.75