Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

US Open 2019

Two close friends who often train together and therefore know each others game pretty well;  Bencic definitely has more tennis skills and should win, but <1.6 is too low, imo.

Trying to find out that 9.4 on BF is a reasonably price for Bencic as a USOpen winner; how other members will price match Bencic-Andrescu?

Against Svitolina my valuation is ca. 2.15 and Serena 2.4 

Edited by lelit

Medvedev is laughing at everyone. In the first set he played the second serves like firsts (9 DF in the whole set) making the points as short as possible. When he was break up (cause Wawrinka played the first games absolutely bad) he took a medical time out for putting that bandage in his leg and immediately Wawrinka recovered the break making the odds for the victory of Wawrinka dropping (1.10-1.15 when the set was still alive: 6-5 and Medvedev on serve). Wawrinka had a Set Point on serve in the first serve that probably would have been definitive considering Medvedev attitude in the whole set. Then Daniil showed to everybody that he was not really injured (just tired) so that bandage was some kind of tactic i guess (I think Wawrinka recriminated that to Medvedev at the end of the match). The way that Medvedev has won this match is incredible, making the match "electric" just when she needed. Wawrinka has been owned by a player that is physically at his limit. Incredible.

Edited by darko08

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic all had a Grand Slam in their trophy cabinet before age 23 - in some cases more than one. I'd say it's a little premature to be talking about putting Medvedev in such exalted company.

Yeah but when djokovic, nadal and federer were 23, they weren't compared to novak djokovic and federer of today. They set the standard, they ARE the standard! And Medvedev could play 30 games in a row each day and finish the onslaught by eliminating fedex, djoko and nadal in the same day by straight sets. They are old man now, all 35 and older. Medvedev could  play without a leg and a shoulder aswell and completely dominate them. Come on man just say it, the kid is amazing.

People saying he was faking injuries lol, GTFO! The guy was hobbeling in there...he was jumping on one foot like a deer. Everything in his budy hurt, he said he wanted to surrender if he lost 1st set because he couldn't take the pain. The guy was at his 30% and he absolutely smashed Wawrinka, made him look like he doesn't belong in there.

What do you mean CSanders? Are you out of your mind or what? You're stupid if you're going to bet Medvedev to beat anyone right now. Let him have a month of break and destroy the competition. I'll post the bets then ;) I'd bet Medvedev to surrender the semi final match if the odds were any good 😂

Edited by MMABetting97

Berretini played very well but he have problem with some kind of mental issue or otherwise when he is serving for match he started to have unforced errors,at other hand I think Nadal will have problem with his forehand,we all know Nadal with Djokovic one of the best defense players but if Nadal let Berretini to lead the tempo of the game he will have huge problem,also Berretini likes a lot to slice the ball nearly baseline to break opponent rhythm and when opponent return ball little bit high then tennis net its like to watch Juan Martin Del Potro.Serve is also good trough whole US Open rounds so I dont see why he cant at least take a set from Nadal if they will play against each other

Elina Svitolina (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams at 1.93 with Pinnacle

This should finally give Williams some problems after she had none in her previous match and it's also the only bet that I like for today. Svitolina has been surprisingly solid so far, none of her usual tantrum sets have appeared, and she's had zero issues dealing with the power of Keys and Venus. It's not going to be easy with all the pressure, but Serena isn't particularly threatening at the moment on pure tennis quality and has had the much easier draw of the two so far.

Serena is fragile and I expect that playing against a "tennis wall" as Svitolina, she can possible break down; therefore at least one set for Svitolina is reasonable bet for me. I'll certainly try a symbolic bet on Svitolina, too :)

As I have some bets on Bencic as a tournament winner, I'm forced to bet only on 3 sets in match against Andrescu. Bencic could be confused by Andrescu's not orthodox game, but only in the first set.

Edited by lelit

On 9/4/2019 at 9:47 PM, CzechPunter said:

@four-leaf Sorry, I had to leave for the entire afternoon. Hoping that whatever you took won.

@bluemal Yeah, he's certainly red hot fav now, down to about 1.40 from the 4.00 that I was taking him at. Should win and hopefully will.

I took Brayden Schnur at 1.80 with Betsafe and he won 7-5 6-2. He was good enough to beat JC Aragone in two.

@lelit Losing a few bets means absolutely nothing, this is just the nature of sports betting :ok

As for myself, I am probably not going to have any bets on the men's side of things, as Nadal shouldn't lose today and as I'm not going to pile up on him at pathetic odds on Sunday given I've backed him outright at 4.00 at the start of the tournament. Just hoping that he's going to win. And, for the women's final, I'm picking Bianca Andreescu (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams at 1.90 with UnibetSerena has been better than expected so far and I respect her semifinal performance, but I still stand by my pre-tournament idea of her reaching the finals and then choking. Andreescu is good enough to take a set off her, but I'm going to end the tournament in profit regardless of what happens (and in a fairly nice one if Nadal delivers).

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

@lelit Losing a few bets means absolutely nothing, this is just the nature of sports betting :ok

As for myself, I am probably not going to have any bets on the men's side of things, as Nadal shouldn't lose today and as I'm not going to pile up on him at pathetic odds on Sunday given I've backed him outright at 4.00 at the start of the tournament. Just hoping that he's going to win. And, for the women's final, I'm picking Bianca Andreescu (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams at 1.90 with UnibetSerena has been better than expected so far and I respect her semifinal performance, but I still stand by my pre-tournament idea of her reaching the finals and then choking. Andreescu is good enough to take a set off her, but I'm going to end the tournament in profit regardless of what happens (and in a fairly nice one if Nadal delivers).

There are other sports to bet on. I don't bet on tennis exclusively. I select some football matches now and then combined with Nadal games handicap and some singles from US open like Belinda Bencic to beat Naomi Osaka. I've had two good weeks now with successful accumulators and big stake on singles from US open.

I'm pleased with most of the bets I've placed and won't place more bets until next week.

@CzechPunter good to see you enjoying some success as well.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, DrO said:

One early bet for me.

Bianca Vanessa Andreescu to win US Open - Yes - @19 local bookie

The young Canadian is a revelation of the season and a most pleasant surprise. She won Indian Wells this year. She got injured on Roland Garros but she's now back with a Toronto title.
The Grand Slam is a two-week long tournament and anything can happen of course and it's true that Bianca doesn't have much experience at that level, but that didn't stop Osaka from winning the title last year, for example.
No one is playing better on American HC this season than Andreescu and I think the bet is worth a small punt.

GL :hope

Well..just one more step for Bianca and also for me :loon 
Obviously it's a huge step cause Serena is playing pretty well and she crushed Svitolina in big fashion,so i feel (or better to say fear) that she can win the final as well. Unfortunately my local bookie don't offer me a cash-out option,so i guess i have somehow to "close" or "defend" this pick. 

The problem is the odds are very unbalanced and Serena is a clear,big favorite. So,my question to you guys is - how can i do this? Is there a possibility to do so,or i have to wait for some in-play betting maybe?
Help :unsure