Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

US Open 2019

both Cuevas and Linette are dealing with Leg/Back injury related concerns this year.. Linette only more recently during her phenomenal run at New York.. But, she's taking medical timeouts there.  

I'm looking at the Pospisil - Sandgren match tonight.. Pospisil holds 2-0 h2h, and seems to be in form .. I am not sold that Sandgren will win because I think he's going to have some trouble returning Vasek serve, and its not a good matchup for him.. Seems there is a good chance that Canadian is fitter because he's played less grueling matches over his career, and seems to be rested and in shape right now. 

Grigor Dimitrov (-5) to beat Kamil Majchrzak at 1.93 with Marathonbet

Cuevas should've beaten Kamil, but he was somewhat injured and just couldn't cope physically at the end of the match. Dimitrov had a day off, however, so I can't see him having any such problems against a guy that's just played a five-setter with almost no time for rest. At least one of the sets should be easy.

I also agree Medvedev is not playing with 100% fitness but he finds way to win with his serve anyways.. I think some saw him as a dark horse to win the tournament.. I couldn't get in on that because I also believed was not fully healthy to do it.. But, also usually bites when if u underestimate Daniil. Dimtrov bet is another coin flip for me vs Majchrzak.. I'm thinking Cuevas will win also pre-match but since I don't trust Cuevas.. I stayed away from the match entirely no bet.. This one is same type of thing.. Sure Dimitrov probably going to win but covering the 5 games.. Well who knows with that.. This is not informed opinion. I have not watched either player anytime in the last months. 

Also you can factor outright loss for Dimitrov.. Machrzak with 20 % chance atleast for me. Again, have not seen the form. 

Edited by money44

I was debating between Popyrin and Pospisil today as bets, and I could not decide.. Now I can see that Popyrin has taken the lead on Kukushkin, and I will be off of the Pospisil bet now for superstitious reasons mostly. I believe that there is a good chance he won 1st round vs Khachanov based on poor serving alone from Karen. 

1 hour ago, money44 said:

both Cuevas and Linette are dealing with Leg/Back injury related concerns this year.. Linette only more recently during her phenomenal run at New York.. But, she's taking medical timeouts there.  

I'm looking at the Pospisil - Sandgren match tonight.. Pospisil holds 2-0 h2h, and seems to be in form .. I am not sold that Sandgren will win because I think he's going to have some trouble returning Vasek serve, and its not a good matchup for him.. Seems there is a good chance that Canadian is fitter because he's played less grueling matches over his career, and seems to be rested and in shape right now. 

I saw no signs of injury for Linette today. The 1st serve from Osaka is a worry, but she's very much a streaky player. 5 games won in a row in the 1st set. Very poor serving for the start of the 2nd but ultimately she was only one break down and the 4th game in the 2nd was the key. At 3-1 for me there was only one winner, with the HUGE impact that momentum brings in women's tennis.

5 games won in a row again in the 2nd set and 21 from 24 points won from Osaka, Linette just threw it away and started spraying. But I saw no sign of injury from Linette?

On 8/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, CzechPunter said:

Cori Gauff to beat Timea Babos at 1.78 with Pinnacle

Magda Linette (+1.5 sets) to beat Naomi Osaka at 1.82 with Pinnacle

And here I find myself, opposing @Fader. That's not a comfortable thing to do, but I didn't like Osaka as much as he did by the looks of things and I think that she's now vulnerable against just about anyone. Linette has already beaten her and she's on a roll, so I fancy her to emerge with at least one set here and I wouldn't be shocked to see her get the outright upset either. Meanwhile, I also like Gauff to continue proving herself, as I liked her performance against Potapova. It wasn't perfect, but she needed a hard win to get something against the mounting pressure and Babos isn't the player she once was these days. Slower than before and without as much power, so she should find it difficult to fight against the American.

@CzechPunter so close with Linette. 

Edited by Teodore

On 8/28/2019 at 8:37 PM, cialivinci said:

Rublev -4.5 Games vs Simon at 1.8 with @bet365  

just to see which kind of players rublev managed to win against in the last few weeks should be conviction enough that he will win here. Even with losing one set, i see him winning one set with 2 breaks. 

Unfortunately Simon gave up after losing the first set 6-2 against Rublev so... I think -4.5 would‘ve been more than likely 

Diego Schwartzman (-1.5 sets) to beat Tennys Sandgren at 1.72 with Betsson

Marin Cilic to beat John Isner at 1.94 with Marathonbet

Cilic has always had Isner's number and I still don't like the American's form. He received two easy wins from players that weren't able to keep their nerves together and who weren't even able to hold their serves easily, but Cilic is a different proposal in that respect and I think that he should be a 1.72 favorite or so. Meanwhile, this should also be where Sandgren loses now that he has to face someone who's going to enjoy longer rallies and just grinding him down.

10 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Grigor Dimitrov (-5) to beat Kamil Majchrzak at 1.93 with Marathonbet

Cuevas should've beaten Kamil, but he was somewhat injured and just couldn't cope physically at the end of the match. Dimitrov had a day off, however, so I can't see him having any such problems against a guy that's just played a five-setter with almost no time for rest. At least one of the sets should be easy.

Has Dimitrov solved his mental problems? As I know he is very unstable this year losing here and there. 

@vvararu Obviously that's the main risk the bet comes with, but I think that he got his act together during the two matches he played against Wawrinka in Montreal and Cincinnati. There, his level was much better than before and there's no shame in dropping a set against Seppi, especially if you win the other three 6-1 6-4 6-3. There was little wrong with Kamil yesterday, but they are going to play in the day session, so Kamil will have only about 24 hours to recover from a five-set marathon. It wasn't exceedingly taxing physically, but there should be some physical and mental fatigue nonetheless imo.

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Me neither. But Townsend was amazing today, her volleys were like good old Llodra or Stepanek, though she was helped by the fact that Halep apparently doesn't know what lobs are and what they are used for.

Watched abit of this. Loved it. Serve and volley. Bosh 😛

I fancy this match to go quite long today. Atleast 4 sets, maybe 5. Both lack any real power and so you would expect long rallies. Nishikori the most likely to come through, but he rarely gets the job done with ease.

6pts Alex De Minaur Vs K.Nishikori (Over 38.5 games) 5/6 Bet365

1 hour ago, Fader said:

I fancy this match to go quite long today. Atleast 4 sets, maybe 5. Both lack any real power and so you would expect long rallies. Nishikori the most likely to come through, but he rarely gets the job done with ease.

6pts Alex De Minaur Vs K.Nishikori (Over 38.5 games) 5/6 Bet365

Definitely!

What do you guys think of Stan today ? 

37 year old Lorenzi won two 5 setters, so many missed opportunities for Kecmanovic. 

24 hrs later facing Wawrinka, I believe it will be too tough for him. I have doubts that he could finish the game today.

-2.5 sets handicap 1.59 odds on betsson.

Isn't 3.15 too much for PCB against Goffin? I know Goffin came here with a masters final but PCB can compete with him in the rallies and the difference shouldn't be that big imho. What do you think guys?

Edited by enano21

7 minutes ago, Anaxagoras said:

What do you guys think of Stan today ? 

37 year old Lorenzi won two 5 setters, so many missed opportunities for Kecmanovic. 

24 hrs later facing Wawrinka, I believe it will be too tough for him. I have doubts that he could finish the game today.

-2.5 sets handicap 1.59 odds on betsson.

remember Stan is in his 30s himself and couldn't beat 135th ranked Sinner without dropping a set, so at them kind of odds...

I'm going to take a little 2pt Accy for today.

Barty has beaten Sakkari twice this year on the hard-court already. At the very least I see Barty in 3 there. Wang faces Fierro who again she has beat twice already in 2019 and won all 3 on the hard-court. All in straight-sets too. Konta will be too good for Zhang. She's beat Zhang the last 3 in a row on the hard and all in straight sets. Medvedev is on fire at the moment and aslong as there is no injury concerns there (had a hobble in the last match) then I can't see Lopez matching him. Finally, Sevastova to beat Martic. Beat her on the clay last year. I think the little bit extra power will see her through.

2pts Barty / Wang / Sevastova / Konta / Medvedev - 5/1 Paddypower

Guys, what are you opinions on Evans - Federer?

Do you think a catastrophe is possible? Evans is pretty good on hard and Federer is not in his top form... 

Everything can happen but I'm just interested in your opinions.

Probably should expand a bit... First thing Evans has to do is get into a winning position which I don't think happens. Then, having got into a winning position he's got to close out and in a pressure cooker situation I don't think he's able to do it. I'm thinking back to Wimbledon and also a bit further back when he got to the Delray Beach final. 

Personally think Federer will take it relatively easily, Evans is playing really well but he's not got explosive power. He'll rally with Federer and once Fed gets the measure of you I think its over. If your unpredictable or just nailing the shots you might have a chance but beating Fed at his own game is much tougher.. 

2 hours ago, Fader said:

remember Stan is in his 30s himself and couldn't beat 135th ranked Sinner without dropping a set, so at them kind of odds...

well, sinner is a much better player than lorenzi. anyways i don't like betting on straight-sets victories respectively minus games handicaps at all. 
in the end the players just need to win their matches to advance. they don't care about our bets. in germany we got a proverb that goes like this:
a good horse jumps only as high as it needs to.

Edited by kedbet