** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - September 9 - September 15

• 2 months later...

Shuai Peng (-3.5) to beat Paula Badosa Gibert at 1.80 with Bet365

Peng has finally started to rediscover her standard level of play and I expect her to be very dangerous during the Asian swing, at least as far as this type of matches is concerned. Gibert has some big shots, but her defense is awful and Peng can defend quite well herself, so, with the extra home conditions motivation thrown in, I wouldn't be shocked to see this become a very one-sided affair.

Aldin Setkic to beat Robert Marcora at 3.68 with Pinnacle

Mischa Zverev to beat Denis Istomin at 2.50 with William Hill

I watched a bit of the Istanbul Challenger and it seems to me that it could be the ideal tournament for some decent upsets, so I'm picking two players that have already played here to progress even further. Both are facing opponents that are beatable at the present time, as neither has any real form to fall back on, while the H2Hs also make for a reasonable reading for both Setkic and Zverev. If you have no real risk appetite, I suggest you back Setkic to win a set and Zverev to cover the +2.5 games handicap line, which is what I'd usually do here, but I feel a bit of confidence at the moment for some reason, so I'm going for the juicier odds this time around. 

Shuai Peng (-2.5) to beat Kristyna Pliskova at 1.94 with Pinnacle

Pliskova is, in many respects, just a better version of Badosa Gibert, so I'm going to take Peng again and hope that she delivers something similar to the previous round. Pliskova was reasonably solid, but thoroughly unexciting - and Peng is a massive step up in terms of Voegele imo. She should be very motivated after the promising US Open and I can really see her going far if everything clicks.

Magda Linette to beat Rebecca Peterson at 1.90 with Bet365

Peterson looked rather suspect to me yesterday, plenty of issues with serve and not convincing in the rallies either. Linette is much tougher than Fett right now and her good run hasn't been affected by that loss against Osaka at all, so I can see her continuing with some wins. Of the two, she's the one on the rise currently.

Yeah, if Linette loses, I'm going to take a break for the weekend. A very slow week after the final Grand Slam and there's no need to throw away the winnings from that tournament just yet. Good luck if you're getting involved and I'm going to be back for Monday (unless something really catches my eye).