Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - August 19 - August 25

Andy Murray to beat Tennys Sandgren at 1.75 with Pinnacle

I, for one, do trust Murray in this spot. He's here to give it his best, he's not here to rest ahead of the US Open, and he can only improve from his performance against Gasquet. Sandgren might even choke against a big name, honestly, and his recent results include an incredibly poor defeat against Daniel and a tight loss against the aging Karlovic. If Murray improves at least a little bit, he should be value here.

Maddison Inglis (-3.5) to beat Valentini Grammatikopoulou at 1.93 with Pinnacle

Inglis looked really good not that long ago, beating Van Uytvanck and Muhammad before falling against Watson in Vancouver. Before that, she managed to get some nice wins against the likes of Sebov as well, while Gram. has been struggling for quite some time now, needing three sets to beat three unknown players (well, at least to me) in Chiswick. She then proceeded to lose tamely against Samantha Murray and that really is nothing to write home about, so I fancy the Australian to progress through with something to spare.

Francoise Abanda to beat Sachia Vickery at 2.37 with Pinnacle

Abanda might be the worse player of the two overall, but she has a 3-0 record over Vickery, with the latest of those wins coming just a month ago. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems that Abanda has some sort of an edge in this match-up, so I think it makes sense to back her at odds against. At 1.80, I'd be staying miles away, but, purely on technical terms, I have no idea why Abanda should be priced at 2.37.

Taylor Townsend (-3.5) to beat Veronica Cepede Royg at 1.86 with Pinnacle

Cepede looked very suspect in the first round, giving away plenty of good positions and winning pretty much only because of being better in some crucial moments. Townsend, on home ground, should be way too strong for her after having no problems whatsoever in the previous match. On clay, Cepede would have a fighting chance, but I don't believe that her defenses are going to hold on the hard courts in New York.