Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - August 5 - August 11

Canada WTA Toronto 17:00 Kenin S. - Yastremska D. Tip: 2 Yastremska D. @1.95 x 5u
Italy Manerbio Challenger Men 17:15 Cerundolo F. - Arnaboldi A. Tip: 2 Arnaboldi A.@1,97 x 4u
Canada ATP Montreal 18:00 Cilic M. - Thiem D. Tip: 1 Cilic M. @1.95 x 5u

Jelena Ostapenko to beat Marie Bouzkova with WilliamHill at 2.00

This could be 50/50 match or very easy match for Ostapenko, everything depends on Ostapenko's serve and how many unforced errors she is going to make. I am picking Ostapenko here just because I do not think Bouzkova is ready for this high level, 3rd round in Masters event. Jelena is nowhere near the form from 2017 when she won the French Open and since the end of 2017 everything is going down for her, but she is unpredictable player and if it is her day she could beat everyone, for example last year she reached semi-final in Wimbledon and no one was expecting that from her. This week she won couple of tough matches which could be a boost for her and also on the other hand Bouzkova played 4 matches already this week ,2 more than Ostapenko, so she could feel some fatigue.

12 hours ago, vvararu said:

I like Bertens to beat Andreescu at 1.55 Unibet.

I watched a little bit the match between Andreescu and Kasatkina and the Canadian did not shine. It was more a mediocre form of Kasatkina. Yes she won 2:1 Kasatkina and Bouchard, but Bertens is a tougher nut to crack. She won Di Lorenzo 6:2, 6:1 in the first round so she seems to be on fire.

I don't expect surprises here. 6:4 6:3 for Bertens.

I didn't realise Bertens was such an under performer at these odds. She plays like an evens shot at 1.55. I like her a lot but always a lay at these odds on hard court until she wins a ton of matches to get it back to over performing. 

She must be an under performer at all odds at the moment. She's got to sort her serve out otherwise she's not going to get any further in the game. Her first serve percentage is too low and she's a double fault machine. At the highest level you just can't afford to give points away like she does - the margins between success and failure are too fine. If she hadn't served 10 double faults against Andreescu there's every chance she wins that match given it was so close.

7 hours ago, Torque said:

Nikoloz Basiliashvili to beat Alexander Zverev @ 3.00 Bet365

Given the respective form of these two, this price about Basilashvili almost jumped off the page. The Georgian is on a solid winning run and he faces a player in Sascha who hasn't been able to get any momentum going all season. The German has spoken about off-court issues affecting his game and his confidence has taken a knock after such a lean year by his standards, and whilst his win over Norrie was a good start Basilashvili should provide a much sterner test. They met recently on clay and Basil got the win and even though this match being played on hard is probably in favour of Zverev, I don't think it's as much in his favour as the prices suggest.

Close but not close enough. Got to say Sascha deserved the win - had Basil under pressure in nearly every service game and it was only his inability to save break points that saw the match go to three sets.

10 hours ago, vvararu said:

How does this help? Any reason, any thoughts?

I've explained it here several times, this is math system that has ROI more than 20%. I don't give more info not just because i'm greedy or lazy - don't have that info.

When it comes to coincidence with some user's tips - ROI can reach 50 and more percents, that's why i'm posting my picks here

Hey guys,

What do you think about Pliskova - Andreescu? I'm trying to catch the loss of Andreescu but history shows that when she is in a good run, it's hard to stop her. 

Will be Pliskova abla to stop her? I tried yesterday with Bertens and failed :)

I think Andreescu is worth a shot @2.75 - she was good vs Bertens, motivated as hell, the crowd is all behind her and it seems to be powering up her performences. Moreover - she used drop-shots very well, and Pliskova is much worse than Bertens when it comes to court movement.

Were it anywhere else than Canada - I wouldn't touch it, but in Toronto - I'm in.

20 hours ago, Witcher27 said:

Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread for quite a while and really enjoyed your input here but haven't written anything so far. There is one bet for today that came to my attention, it's Purcell - Soeda (Aptos challenger, hard surface) and I'm wondering why initial odds has dropped so much in favour of Soeda. Purcell holds H2H record of 3-0  (2 on hard courts, 1 indoors), last meeting was in March, and Purcell has a 27/15 record on hard courts this year against 13/12 for Soeda. Does any of you have an idea what might be the reason to value Purcell with odds like @2.30 at Unibet? If there is nothing that I'm not aware of I think that there is a good value in this bet.

:welcome to Punters Lounge @Witcher27  :cheers 

What are your thoughts, guys, about Williams - Andreescu? Another lost final for big momma? :)

Andreescu is not very fresh having played more hours on court but the public will support her (not sure how important is this for Williams at her experience)...

I think that both favourites are pretty solid today, but I'm saying that without having watches their previous matches, the only thing that I saw were the final two sets of Williams - Bouzkova. This isn't a Grand Slam, so I don't think Williams is going to have her choking moments again, while Medvedev and Andreescu are both quite inexperienced at this level. Nadal is the more reliable pick imo, but I think that both are going to win in the end. In terms of value, I think there might be slight in both honestly.

I'm taking 2.58 for Andreescu to win with Pinnacle. I feel odds are just about right, no big value. But there just too many things I can't overlook - Andreescu has a great record against top players, she's playing at home, she's feeling well (said shoulder does not trouble her; her coach said her thigh is just tight, no injury), she was rusty during the first two matches but she got much better in the next matches, she is very tough mentally and enjoys challenges and her dreams are coming true this year. And the pressure must be on Serena. Not an easy match for Williams.