Announcements
*** June Competition Winners: Well done to Le Male (NAPS), Coco69 (KO Cup), Saddlesore (Royal Ascot) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Championship 2019/20 Ante-Post Betting

champodds.jpg

champpromotion.jpg

champrelegation.jpg

The odds for the Championship 2019/20 season are now out. Here is a look at the outright, promotion, and relegation markets. Take a look and share with us your thoughts on what teams are worth backing or avoiding. As my beloved Cardiff are making a disappointing (yet strangely exciting!) return to this division, I'll be taking a keen interest in what goes on. I have to say I think we're incredibly good value to back to go straight back up at 4.00! What are you all thinking?

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian.

Too early for me yet @stevieDay1983 , we have signed no one but are rumoured to have signed Julian borner (german centre half) moses odubaju and Kadeem harris. expect maybe another 4 including maybe jake bidwell (another rumour).

I think I would be looking for something to come out of left field like Norwich last year.

leeds will be up there, stoke have signed a few but nothing to get excited about. Maybe Bristol city to build on last year.

Edited by waynecoyne

16 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

Too early for me yet @stevieDay1983 , we have signed no one but are rumoured to have signed Julian borner (german centre half) moses odubaju and Kadeem harris. expect maybe another 4 including maybe jake bidwell (another rumour).

I think I would be looking for something to come out of left field like Norwich last year.

leeds will be up there, stoke have signed a few but nothing to get excited about. Maybe Bristol city to build on last year.

Yeah, we both know the Championship is a game of roulette. Don't expect much with Kadeem Harris mate. Talk about a player that always flatters to deceive. Had so much potential when he joined us but never kicked on. He'll have one decent game in every half dozen then go off the boil. His productivity in the final third just isn't good enough. He's fine as a back up but he won't be near good enough to start regularly. My mate who supports Wednesday was also shown a video of Julian Borner scoring those two own goals. So funny. :lol

19 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, we both know the Championship is a game of roulette. Don't expect much with Kadeem Harris mate. Talk about a player that always flatters to deceive. Had so much potential when he joined us but never kicked on. He'll have one decent game in every half dozen then go off the boil. His productivity in the final third just isn't good enough. He's fine as a back up but he won't be near good enough to start regularly. My mate who supports Wednesday was also shown a video of Julian Borner scoring those two own goals. So funny. :lol

not seen that @StevieDay1983 i shall investigate

hi @StevieDay1983 convert him to centre forward-he knows where the net is :D

we had a centre half called paul warhurst circa 1993 he played up front  in training and was v good

scored a few goals and graham taylor called him up for England-something went wrong

was sold to Blackburn as a midfielder, started as a full back, whenever he got the ball a roar would go up as he surged forward.

Edited by waynecoyne

19 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

hi @StevieDay1983 convert him to centre forward-he knows where the net is :D

we had a centre half called paul warhurst circa 1993 he played up front  in training and was v good

scored a few goals and graham taylor called him up for England-something went wrong

was sold to Blackburn as a midfielder, started as a full back, whenever he got the ball a roar would go up as he surged forward.

Yes, I remember Paul Warhurst. What a player he was. In primary school when Cardiff were struggling to stay in the basement division, everyone had a Premier League club. Most lads supported Manchester United or Liverpool. I went for Sheffield Wednesday because I preferred to watch Cardiff but didn't want to be left out of the Premier League chat. Ended up going to see a fair few games in the end and still keep an eye on your results. I was there when Di Canio pushed Paul Alcock. Remember before that game we met some of the players as they arrived and Di Canio sped into the car park. One of the English players (I can't remember who, Jon Newsome possibly?) said "Here he is. Paolo... I wonder what he's going to do today that'll make you remember this match?" :lol

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yes, I remember Paul Warhurst. What a player he was. In primary school when Cardiff were struggling to stay in the basement division, everyone had a Premier League club. Most lads supported Manchester United or Liverpool. I went for Sheffield Wednesday because I preferred to watch Cardiff but didn't want to be left out of the Premier League chat. Ended up going to see a fair few games in the end and still keep an eye on your results. I was there when Di Canio pushed Paul Alcock. Remember before that game we met some of the players as they arrived and Di Canio sped into the car park. One of the English players (I can't remember who, Jon Newsome possibly?) said "Here he is. Paolo... I wonder what he's going to do today that'll make you remember this match?" :lol

I was there too @StevieDay1983 we won 1-0 I think with a goal from left back lee Briscoe if I remember correctly.

I won't condone what DiCanio did but we hung him out to dry with our chairman Dave Richards having personal ambitions-contrast that with Man Utd's support of Cantona after he kung fu'd that palace fan.

I had a chat with Paolo one day in a local deli and he came across as self centred, a bit of a moaner and obviously he was a bit of a nutter with dodgy political leanings.

Edited by waynecoyne

14 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

I had a chat with Paolo one day in a local deli and he came across as self centred, a bit of a moaner and obviously he was a bit of a nutter with dodgy political leanings.

:lol That reminds me of another funny story from a visit to Hillsborough. It was our first trip up for my 13th birthday. My parents arranged a tour of the ground before the 1-1 draw with Blackburn on 19th October. We were being shown around the ground by Peter Shreeves. He was David Pleat's assistant manager at the time and a Welsh boy from near us so he was keen to meet us. The Owls had just signed Benito Carbone and as we were walking around the dressing room area Carbone and Graham Hyde (I think it was but would have to ask my dad) turned up really late for kick-off. Pleat hit the roof in front of us because it was Hyde's responsibility to get Carbone to the game on time because Carbone didn't know how to get to the ground. It was so surreal. Me, my mum, my dad, my mate (who was a Blackburn fan), and Peter Shreeves just stood there as Pleat is laying into Carbone and Hyde. After the players went, Pleat just turned to us, apologised, and said something along the lines of "bloody footballers, it's like having 20 children!".

Great memories from my times up there. Jon Newsome cracking onto my mum in front of my dad, my mate asking Bruce Grobbelaar why fans called him "bung man", and playing a quick game of football in the car park after a game with Orlando Trustfull and his family. Ended up not being able to afford the trips up as the Premier League ticket prices increased and we got our Cardiff season tickets. We knew the real fun was in the bottom division anyway! A brilliant club though and was always fun in school because one of my closest mates was a Sheffield United fan.