** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat -Saturday 29th June

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat -Saturday 29th June

For the first time this season I've been looking at the 2 year old maiden and novice races over the last couple of days ....... basically looking for some big priced EW shots

Typically once raced horses who ran at a top track on debut and are now dropping to a lower level track for their second outing. I think it's pretty well established that horses can improve a lot from first to second run and I like to take on short priced newcomers running against 'class dropping second time outers'........ obviouly I need a nickname for these horses ! .............. ?

One weapon I have in my armoury is that I've tended to keep notes on trainers methods with two year olds ......... whioh trainers have them ready on debut (unlikely to improve as much 2nd time) ...... which trainers runners come on a lot, which trainers send their good ones to particular tracks etc. ....... there do seem to be a lot of new trainers in the last 4 or 5 years since I kept these records so maybe I'll to update my list as the season progresses

Unfortunately I can't find any suitable big priced EW shots on Saturday ...... but her's a few shorter priced ones

1.40 Windsor - Good Earth - 10/1 Paddypower - ran 3rd on debut at Goodwood, winner finished a close up 3rd in the Coventry, 5th has won since. 

3.45 Chester - Upstate New York - 9/4 all round - not really dropping in class from Nottingham to Chester but is the only horse in the race having it's second run and I'm hoping will improve past the favourite (Seldom) who's had two goes and is drawn in the outside lane

5.55 Donc - Little Bird - 7/4 most firms - made debut in a Newmarket novice race, finished 6th. now drops down to a class 5 on an evening card at Donny.