** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 2.0

Ouch...

Once again a day with lots of faves hits the bank.That is what led to me narrowing down the odds and making tighter selections before reverting back to all odds. 

Bad day, but if you showed me the ROI stats for this month so far at the beginning of the month and asked me if I would take that then I would have said yes. Have to find a bright side after an awful day like that. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I'm calling it a day.

Couple of bad days took the edge off the good run, but mainly because of time issues. Now it's the US matches they are starting  at 4pm for me. I am home at 5pm from work (where I can do what I want as I'm the boss) and have two young children to feed and get ready for bed. I can't keep spending the time at the computer when they need me. 

If it was a week or two maybe, but it's this then China, Australia in the new year and I am not getting things in my business done that need to be done.  Again, if it was doing £600 a day all the time then I would drop parts of the business but as with all betting the losing run comes and it takes the edge of the winnings. 

Good luck to you all with your betting, I will check in now and again and see how things are going. I've taken the profit and will use it wisely. ;)

Capture.PNG

On 8/21/2019 at 5:39 AM, Tennis Picks said:

I'm calling it a day.

Couple of bad days took the edge off the good run, but mainly because of time issues. Now it's the US matches they are starting  at 4pm for me. I am home at 5pm from work (where I can do what I want as I'm the boss) and have two young children to feed and get ready for bed. I can't keep spending the time at the computer when they need me. 

If it was a week or two maybe, but it's this then China, Australia in the new year and I am not getting things in my business done that need to be done.  Again, if it was doing £600 a day all the time then I would drop parts of the business but as with all betting the losing run comes and it takes the edge of the winnings. 

Good luck to you all with your betting, I will check in now and again and see how things are going. I've taken the profit and will use it wisely. ;)

Capture.PNG

well done coming out with a profit though, that's already better than 98% of all people :)

Hi there,

I had success in Tennis with a comparison of various Ranking algorithms.

I used the Data of Massey Rating and translated it into fair odds and took valuable picks afterwards.

It went really well in the last few years. Only problem for me is, that I can not automate the process. Because getting odds and lines and comparing them to the algorithm takes a lot of time. Esp on Mondays when the first round matches are piling up like crazy. Good luck.

I had about 2000 picks in 6 months. Thats a huge amount of plays and you have to be doing it on a daily basis. It drained me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I had success in Tennis with a comparison of various Ranking algorithms.

I used the Data of Massey Rating and translated it into fair odds and took valuable picks afterwards.

It went really well in the last few years. Only problem for me is, that I can not automate the process. Because getting odds and lines and comparing them to the algorithm takes a lot of time. Esp on Mondays when the first round matches are piling up like crazy. Good luck.

I had about 2000 picks in 6 months. Thats a huge amount of plays and you have to be doing it on a daily basis. It drained me out.

Hi orhane !

I'm really curious about your strategy ! Could you explain a bit more ? Like what input were you using, from where, how, etc... ?

I'm really interested in your strategy, and I would really enjoy to give it a go ! As I know a bit of IT languages, I could be able to automate some process.

Thanks in advance !

It took me 3 years to achieve some semblance of success on the football leagues - I think it will take much longer before I crack this tennis predicting.

Hi OddsPredictions !

I went on your website, and your job is actually amazing ! Is there a place where you explain how you are actually predicting these games and how to use your sheets in order to place the same bets as you ? It's really interesting, I would give it a go as well if possible ! Thanks in advance !

Edited by Meloakartas

On 8/21/2019 at 6:39 AM, Tennis Picks said:

I'm calling it a day.

Capture.PNG

Thank you for sharing this with us. Family comes first! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Like everyone else's experience with tennis the issue is that collecting the data and predicting matches with hundreds of players and thousands of matches the data is massive and cumbersomel and I have only been working on the women's game.

Tournaments come thick and fast during the season across multiple time zones so keeping up to date is a considerable feat. Placing my own bets let alone posting the selections for others to use in a timely fashion is almost impossible.

So an alternative is to focus on predicting the outright winner though the downside is that only a limited number of bookmakers and exchanges offer reasonable odds.
However to this end I have created a small spreadsheet for each tournament and added the bookmakers' prices albeit a small selection for the non majors - and bingo you have a handful of players to place your bets on to win outright and then you can sit back and relax.

All that is left to do is to skim the final results at your leisure ready for the next tournament. Oh and of course to count your winnings.

Take a look on my website if you are curious. I think this is the way forward though you can still download the massive 12mb Excel TennisPredictor spreadsheet if you wish.

• 6 months later...

I might continue this again when the lockdown is over. Summer matches hopefully still in Europe will mean I can do some of them. Maybe a reduced amount compared to last time but we will see. 

Just need to wait for this virus to be under control then get going. I have been poring over stats and results again and have the itch. :D

I hope everyone is staying safe!

Edited by Tennis Picks