Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

Quarter-Final Predictions > Jun 28th & 29th

copaamericaodds.jpg

The Quarter-Finals of the Copa America 2019 have now been confirmed. The action starts tomorrow with Brazil playing Paraguay before Venezuela face Argentina. The second day of matches consists of Colombia versus Chile and then Uruguay taking on Peru. Mouth-watering matches with plenty to discuss.

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, @ant8n, @BobEire, @RIOT88, @Power90, @Adley, @Alexc, @bastia, and @Marek76, what bets are you guys all looking at in this next round of matches?

Brazil vs Paraguay

The first match of the 2019 Copa America Quarter-Finals is set to kick-off at 1:30am BST tonight at the Arena do Gremio in Porto Alegre and will be between host nation Brazil and Group B third-placed qualifiers Paraguay. It's knock-out football from now on so the pressure has increased a level.

Brazil made relatively easy work of their group. Tite's men finished top of the pile going unbeaten in their three group matches. However, the home fans weren't overly pleased with the performances. Booed at half-time in the opening 3-0 win over Bolivia, looking short on idea for the 0-0 draw with Venezuela, but then ending on a positive with a 5-0 victory over Peru. You have to wonder which Selecao will turn up here.

Paraguay pulled off the extraordinary achievement of qualifying for the knock-out phase having only earned 2 points from their group. Eduardo Berizzo's side drew 2-2 in their first group game with Qatar before holding an underwhelming Argentina to a 1-1 draw. Los Guaranies then ended their group campaign with a narrow 1-0 loss to Colombia. Luckily for them, it was the 1-1 draw between Ecuador and Japan in the final round of Group C games that allowed Paraguay to qualify as a best-placed third positioned side.

There is no doubt that Brazil will win this game for me. The only issue is how they deal with Paraguay playing on the back foot. The Paraguayans managed to restrict both the Argentine and Colombian attacks to a single goal in both games. Brazil have struggled to deal with teams that adopt that approach but now and again they do hit fifth gear and tear sides a new one. I think they're starting to find their rhythm here and I'm backing a 2-0 or 3-0 win for the hosts.

Brazil -1 @ 1.62 with SpreadEx

Brazil HT/FT @ 1.70 with Ladbrokes

The match is a favorite, and that is Argentina, but it will not have an easy task today. Venezuela will rely on its proper defensive function and hitting counterattacks. Argentina, as hard as it gets to score, gets harder to finish. I expect it to be a very hard and closed game with a few goals and goals for goals
VENEZUELA vs ARGENTINA @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.70

Venezuela vs Argentina

The 2019 Copa America Quarter-Finals continue tonight at 8pm BST when Venezuela take on Argentina at the Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro. It was a lucky escape for Brazil last night after they squeezed through 4-3 on penalties against Paraguay. Their arch rivals Argentina will be hoping to make easier work of their opponents here.

Venezuela have enjoyed a productive tournament so far. The Group A runners-up qualified for the last 8 unbeaten during the group phase. Rafael Dudamel's men secured two 0-0 draws against Peru and Brazil before defeating Bolivia 3-1 in their final group game. It means they have exceeded expectations and pose a potentially dangerous proposition for Argentina here.

Argentina are stumbling through this tournament. Lionel Scaloni's side look far away from the side they should be. A 2-0 loss to Colombia was followed by a 1-1 draw against Paraguay. It was only a hard-fought 2-0 win over Qatar that sparred their blushes. You have to say, if there was going to be an upset in this competition then it could come in this game.

I said in their last game that I felt uncomfortable backing Argentina right now. For all their talented riches they are disjointed, short on ideas, and unable to play a cohesive style of play. It looks like they are being poorly managed to be honest. I appreciate it's not the most likely outcome but I really fancy Venezuela to cause a shock here. I can see La Vinotinto potentially taking this game to penalties.

Venezuela Double Chance @ 2.60 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Bet365

Colombia vs Chile

It is arguably the biggest game of the 2019 Copa America Quarter-Finals coming up at midnight BST tonight when Colombia play Chile at the Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo. Both sides have looked in excellent form so far but one of them will be eliminated prematurely.

Colombia topped their group with 9 points after successfully seeing off Argentina, Qatar, and Paraguay. What is even more impressive is the fact that Carlos Queiroz has managed to turn this Colombian side into one of the most defensively astute sides in the tournament. Three group games and three clean sheets. It is now five games without conceding a goal for Colombia.

Chile might not have managed to win all three games in their group but Reinaldo Rueda's team still look an attractive side. Two wins from their first two group games against Japan and Ecuador were sealed with relative comfort. The narrow 1-0 loss to Uruguay wasn't exactly a surprise and it did take 82 minutes of combative football before the two sides were separated by Edinson Cavani's only goal.

These two sides have long been my two favourite sides in South American football. I've been a fan of the Colombians ever since I saw Carlos Valderrama play in the 1990 World Cup and then the tragedy of Andres Escobar at the 1994 World Cup. Chile have played some fantastic football over recent years to win my admiration. It's a shame one has to leave the tournament here but I think we could see the Colombian defensive unit see them through again with a tight one goal win.

Colombia to Win @ 2.27 with MarathonBet

Draw HT/ Colombia FT @ 5.10 with Unibet

Uruguay vs Peru

The final Quarter-Final of the 2019 Copa America is coming up today at 8pm BST when Uruguay play Peru at the Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador. The winners of this tie will face current champions Chile in a mouth-watering clash in the Semi-Finals so it is all to play for.

Uruguay have had a solid tournament so far. Oscar Tabarez's men topped Group C with ease in the group phase. La Celeste earned a comfortable 4-0 win over Ecuador in their opening game. A disappointing 2-2 draw with Japan followed but the team ended their group campaign on a positive note with a 1-0 win over Chile.

Peru had a less straightforward route to the knockout stages. Ricardo Gareca's side finished in 3rd place in Group A. It was looking good for the Incas after a 0-0 draw with Venezuela was followed by a 3-1 victory against Bolivia. Unfortunately, they ended the group campaign on a downer after a heavy 5-0 loss to host nation Brazil.

I'm going to have to back a solid Uruguay win in this game. Tabarez has established them as an experienced tournament side over his tenure in charge of the team. It usually takes a talented team to stop this Uruguay side in their tracks and I don't think Peru have that quality to defeat them.

Uruguay to Win @ 1.74 with Bethead

Anytime Scorer: Edinson Cavani @ 2.40 with Paddy Power