** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 24th June

Shimla Dawn's race wasn't helped by the fact he was pestered for the lead, but Border Breaker ran well to finish 2nd and the winner has clearly massively improved from his pointing form this season as he was an easy winner again. Bletchley Castle did it well though and his jumping seems to be improving as much as he looked like he wanted to go the other way round. He was given a good ride as well as he allowed Ballina Girl to get on with it in the early stages and then was able to keep enough in reserve to beat a poor bunch. He might be capable of winning again though as he surely can't go up that much for this. 

Hopefully what Bletchley Castle did at Southwell on Sunday Buck Dancing can do at Southwell on Monday in the 4.15. Another horse I put up at Stratford as well and he finally showed under rules what he had done in points and ran a cracking 2nd to Earth Leader. For me Earth Leader could easily be a 130 horse although amazingly the BHA handicapper rated his win that night at only 109 (still rated 117 based on the Fontwell win), but that does mean that the handicapper has only put Buck Dancing at 103 for his chase mark and his hurdle mark is still on 98. That to me looks an absolute gift of a handicap mark and he has at least 20lbs in hand. Obviously he has to go and prove it over hurdles, but brush hurdles are a bit like point fences anyway so it could be why they have targeted Southwell. The main worry is he has had a lot of racing this year with 8 runs from the end of February to Stratford last time. As long as it's not 1 run too many I think he will be very hard to beat with For Jim the main danger, who Brian Hughes has chosen to ride over Buck Dancing, but I think he has made the wrong move. 100/30 looks a good price even in a big field.

Terrific card at Chelmsford on Wed night.

710: Indeed 5/1
740: Tropics 5/1
810: Billesdon Brook 4/1
840: Bayshore Freeway 9/2

EW Lucky 15

Only just seen this Billy Hills, superb! Wish I was on it, didn't realize you posted that late...Noted!

(sorry, posted this in wrong place, my bad. NOTE THIS IS AN OLD TIPS THREAD!!!)

Edited by LeMale

Mondays are seldom the high point of the racing week and today is no different. My preference is to look for successful yards sending out runners with some recent form - any rated 20+ are usually OK.

Chepstow

2.30 Dilmun Destiny 23 (M Stoute)

3.00 Soft Cover 22 (W Haggas)

Windsor

6.40 Revolutionise 22 (R Varian)

7.40 Asian Angel 28 (M Johnston)

8.15 Albert Finney 25 (J Gosden)

Edited by Jackform
added selection 8.15

2 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Thanks Darran!! They go faster than that in most points which probably wasn't ideal! But always thought he was going to win. 

Most of those horses couldn’t win a point. Once you get into class 5 company if you have shown ability in points then you will have a big chance. It’s great that people want to rubbish point and hunter chase form because it helps the price. I know it was fav but it really should have been shorter as it’s form was really strong. The 2nd is clearly well handicapped over hurdles as well

2 hours ago, sb1961 said:

thanks Darran , another lovely tip . i used it as my banker in the Win 4 @ Colossus and coped a nice £128 , thanks mate !

No worries I attempted the same thing and went the only fancied runners I left out won the first and last legs!