** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday June 23rd

A couple of races to look at today and although I wouldn't be going overboard about them I think they are a big enough price to have an investment. Bletchley Castle was one of my bets at Stratford and although he didn't make his usual blunder, he couldn't get to the lead after a standing start and a blistering early pace. This (2.00 Southwell) is a really weak contest and I can see him setting such a strong gallop that he could get plenty of these into trouble. Obviously his jumping is a concern as he showed at Huntingdon, but Southwell is an easier jumping test. Ballina Girl is out again quickly after Tuesday's poor effort and she will obviously try and make the running as well. Their is a concern they might cut each others throats, but I think they might just keep going. Maybe the ground was the reason behind Ballina Girl's poor effort on Tuesday and she is obviously going back up in trip. It's interesting she is back out again so quickly so connections must think she is capable of better. I am going to have a very small cover bet on her as she is 18/20-1.

In the 4.55 at Hexham Ronava is a short price to back up his Stratford win. He might well do and I was obviously wrong to take him on that day. Shimla Dawn is interesting though. He is probably better going the other way round, but as he showed at Musselburgh if he gets an easy lead he is tough to pass. He also ran well until his stamina ran out at Kelso last time and 2m4f round Hexham looks the ideal test for him. Like Shimla Dawn Border Breaker has also been beaten by Racing Pulse this year in a point when he was 3rd beaten 9L. He then slipped up in a point here before winning a point at Sedgefield last month where he beat two good horses. If he is in the same form here then he should be capable of going well at 16/1.

I have backed all 4 e/w.

1650 T - Lalipour @ 50-1 BetVic

Now I know I'm new to all this but, Rock Of Gibraltar gelding, unhappy owners and a much needed "step up in trip" says to me, we could very well see the inexperienced Lalipour show some improvement today. Rock of Gibraltar was a good horse right???

Would have been my choice in NAP comp. today but got info to late!