** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group E Predictions > Jun 24th - Jul 2nd

GroupE.jpg

This is where you can find all the tips and predictions for the Group E matches coming up. Let us know what bets you're placing for these matches so we can find the best available out there on the markets. :ok

@Ameer, @jazzman02, @Sterphyle, @Misa, @vasilli07, @MPLouis, @gazzo, @lorenzo., @mij0sim, @stressina87, @i1_principe, @hristofor, @Niceguy, @markus808, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Mindfulness, @Kenton Schweppes, @salmonman, @potus, @neilovan, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @sajtion, @MangoTheThird, @newjack, @Gedkip, @canaries91, @Xcout, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @four-leaf, @Teodore, @Darran, @Bobby Vegas, @DrO, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @Pep004, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @BobEire, @Odyssey, @Marek76, @thinkpink63, and @bastia.

In this Group I already tried one bet too on Mali - Mauritania game 

I took Mauritania 0.75 here small stake , Risky bet for sure but Mauritania improved very much and they fight big time 

Mali I saw before as well , they still abit better than Mauritania but surprise is possible here with Draw 

many fans will support Mauritania as well , should make some difference here 

but as I said this bet is Risky , if Mauritania some how became +1  would be much better

Tunisia - Angola

I read Egyptian Fans bought all the tickets for this game because Tunisia have one player play with Egypt club El Zamalek ( this news I got from Egypt  ) 

this will be super motivation for Tunisia here , they will put big pressure on Angola

I did not bet Yet , but Angola will suffer in this game from this Pressure and the game turned to be home game for Tunisia

Tunisia -0.75  , I dont like  ,  I will wait live to have -0.5     should end 1-0 or 2-1 or 2-0 if some luck

Edited by Ameer

Tunisia vs Angola

Great to see the thoughts of @Ameer above. Interesting facts such as Egyptian fans making the Tunisia game feel like a home match. It's that game that's my first preview here with Tunisia playing Angola in a 6pm BST kick-off at the Suez Stadium in Suez later today.

Tunisia were one of the first sides to qualify for this tournament back in October and having won it back in 2004 they have pedigree in this competition. Alain Giresse has started well as manager of the national side with 4 wins and just 1 defeat from his 5 games in charge since taking over December of last year. The Eagles of Carthage are ranked 28th in the world and grabbed an impressive 2-1 win away to Croatia earlier this month. Their squad might be lacking individual talents but as a cohesive team unit they have become very effective.

Angola have fallen a long way down the rankings to 122nd since their surprise qualification for the 2006 World Cup. This squad is nowhere near the quality of that famous side. It's now 9 years since their last Quarter-Final appearance in this competition. Srdjan Vasiljevic will need to draw on all his man management capabilities to get the best out of this side if they're to have any hope of picking up points in this group.

This should be a standard win for Tunisia. They look in far better shape than Angola coming into this tournament. Palancas Negras have won their last three games and conceded just 1 goal during those matches but the opposition wasn't the best. Tunisia should have enough creative attacking quality to pick apart this underwhelming Angolan side.

Tunisia to Win @ 1.80 with Betfair

Tunisia HT/FT @ 3.00 with Ladbrokes

Mali vs Mauritania

Group E throws up a potential early qualification decider when second seeds in the group Mali play third seeds in the group Mauritania in this 9pm BST kick-off at the Suez Stadium in Suez. It'll be interesting to see how both teams approach this game depending on the result of the previous group game that takes place just before.

Mali have long knocked on the door of success in African football but repeatedly just failed to go that final step. Les Aigles saw their best performance in this competition come back in 1972 when they finished as runners-up. Failure to win the tournament and persistent failure to qualify for the World Cup has seen generation after generation of players fail to fulfil their potential. Having failed to win their last three matches questions are already being asked of Yacouba Sylla's current squad.

Mauritania are hardly one of Africa's greatest known footballing sides. The tournament debutants are ranked 103rd in the world and their squad is absent of household names. However, Corentin Martins has an experienced side at his disposal. It still doesn't hide the fact they've lost three of their last four games and come into this group with a tall task ahead of them to qualify for the last 16.

On paper, this should be an easy win for Mali. Mauritania have exceeded expectations by qualifying for this tournament but their qualification group still exposed some weaknesses. Notably, the 4-1 hammering at the hands of Angola and the 1-0 defeat to Burkina Faso. I'd be surprised if Mauritania got anything from this game and they'll be battling with Angola to avoid finishing bottom of this group.

Mali to Win @ 1.72 with Sportingbet

Mali HT/FT @ 2.80 with Betfred

4 hours ago, Ameer said:

at this Moment Mauritania president arrived to Cairo to see his national team Mauritania play today game 

Im afraid to bet against teams when their president fly and came and to see his players 

Haha, why's that then? Do you think their presence adds too much pressure on them? Or do you think they raise their performance levels to impress?

this people in front of their president give 300% and  from nothing they turn to be spain or Germany ?

they think they are in War and they die to not lose 

beside that this team improved lots last years 

Tunisia VS Mali

I strongly predict on both teams to score @odd2.20 with 1XBET 

Tunisia FIFA ranked 25 will look to get their Africa Nations Cup AFCON campaign back on track, when they take on Group E leaders Mali ranked 62 in their second group game. The 1-1 draw against Angola in the first round meant that Tunisia have become the only top side to not win their opening match of this edition. In addition, they have won just three of their last ten matches in the AFCON finals W3 D5 L2 at regular time, which is not a good sign. However, they can take comfort from their AFCON qualifiers form that has seen them score 12 goals in six matches. While Mali had a perfect start to their campaign with a 4-1 opening game win over Mauritania. That win was their first in four matches W1 D1 L2 which made it even more special for them. They have been a stubborn side for opponents, avoiding defeat in 11 of their last 13 matches W4 D7 L2. Even in the AFCON finals, Mali have lost just once in their last eight matches, although they have drawn five of those W2, D5, L1. I believe it’s going to be an interesting match with goals from both teams. Good luck ?? 

Tunisia vs Mali

Group E enters its second round of matches today when Tunisia play Mali in a highly-anticipated clash at 3:30pm BST at the Suez Stadium in Suez. Both teams were heavily fancied to qualify for the last 16 from this group by a loss for Tunisia could leave their hopes hanging in the balance.

Tunisia were held to a disappointing 1-1 draw against Angola in their opening group game. It's not a result many people saw coming and Alain Giresse's men will be keen to hit back with a win here. A defeat would leave them needing to get something from their last group game against Mauritania which isn't the worst scenario but it's an unwanted pressure. Giresse will also be keen to get one over on the team he coached for two years between 2015 and 2017 before Mali's suspension from FIFA due to government interference.

Mali looked dominant in their 4-1 win over Mauritania in their first game of the tournament. Caretaker head coach Mohamed Magassouba is really more than a caretaker now having been in the job since he took the reigns from Giresse two years ago. Having finished 3rd at this tournament in 2012 and 2013 they know what is needed to get the final stages of the competition but failure to progress past the group stages at the previous two tournaments also shows they are vulnerable to struggling.

This match is really too close to call. My head is backing the draw but the subplot of Giresse facing his old team adds some extra spice to proceedings. If one team is going to win it then you have to think Tunisia could sneak it but I think the sensible money, as @Val Ngoma rightly points out, would back a score draw.

Draw @ 3.06 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.70 with BetVictor

Mauritania vs Angola

Group E action continues with Mauritania facing an all-or-nothing clash with Angola in a 3:30pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon from the Suez Stadium in Suez. The Lions of Chinguetti need a win to keep their realistic hopes of qualifying for the last 16 alive.

Mauritania suffered a brutal introduction to their first ever Africa Cup of Nations appearance with a 4-1 loss to Mali. Their first ever goal in the competition coming from the penalty spot with Hacen writing his name into the country's history books. Head coach Corentin Martins will be determined to see his team put up more of a fight in this game otherwise they'll almost certainly be going home early.

Angola pulled off a satisfactory 1-1 draw with Tunisia in their opening game. Srdjan Vasiljevic's side will now have a fantastic chance to put themselves in a great position to reach the next round with a win. That would give them 4 points from 2 matches and that tally of points should be enough to secure a best-placed third position if they don't finish in the top two.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't see anything from Mauritania in their opening game that made me think they can cause any team in this group real problems. Angola surprised me at how well they played against Tunisia and I think they'll have enough about them to seal a comfortable win here adding more misery to Mauritania.

Angola to Win @ 1.83 with MarathonBet

Angola HT/FT @ 3.00 with Betfred

Angola vs Mali

Group E is the last round of group games for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. Angola play Mali in a crucial game at 8pm BST from the Ismailia Stadium in Ismailia. Angola must get at least a draw to progress against a Mali side that have already secured their place in the last 16.

Angola have been a gritty side in this tournament so far. Srdjan Vasiljevic's men drew 1-1 in their opening game against Tunisia. Unfortunately, they couldn't build on that impressive start and went on to draw 0-0 against Mauritania in a disappointing result. It now leaves them with work to do against the group leaders.

Mali have done the hard work. Caretaker head coach Mohamed Magassouba saw his team dismantle Mauritania 4-1 in their first group game before they sealed a pleasing 1-1 draw against Tunisia. It means qualification is sorted and the Eagles can now rest players ahead of the knockout stages.

The fact that Mali have already qualified for the last 16 will work in Angola's favour. Mali are set to field a few fringe players and it could leave them ripe for the taking. Angola haven't been bad this tournament but they have been inconsistent. I think they'll take at least a point in this game and progress to the next phase. Both teams are strong up front so I can see both teams scoring here in a rare action-packed game in this tournament.

Angola Draw No Bet @ 2.90 with RedZone

BTTS @ 2.40 with SportPesa

Mauritania vs Tunisia

The second game taking place in Group F at 8pm BST is between qualification hopefuls Mauritania and Tunisia at the Suez Stadium in Suez. Both teams can still reach the last 16 but they can also face an unwanted early exit at the group stage of this competition.

Mauritania have had a mixed experience so far in their first ever Africa Cup of Nations. A 4-1 battering to Mali in their first game was softened by a determined 0-0 draw against Angola in their next match. Those results mean they sit bottom of the group but with their fate very much in their own hands. A win is needed here but it would be enough to progress. A draw would leave them falling short.

Tunisia must be considered as one of the most disappointing sides of the tournament so far. As one of the highest ranked sides in the tournament there were big expectations of Alain Giresse's men. A 1-1 draw to Angola was followed by a 1-1 draw against Mali. Not a set of disastrous results by any means but they would have expected more. On the plus side, they need just a draw from this final group game against the worst placed side in the group and one of the lowest ranked sides in the tournament to progress.

Unfortunately, I can see this being a rough end to Mauritania's tournament. Tunisia haven't reached their full potential yet and I think this could be the game where we see them dish out a beating. The Eagles of Carthage have enough fire power to bag a few against this fragile Mauritania defence. Quality will prevail and it will prevail comfortably.

Tunisia -1 @ 2.14 with Unibet

Tunisia HT/FT @ 2.05 with Betfred