** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group D Predictions > Jun 23rd - Jul 1st

GroupD.jpg

Check out all the tips and chat for Group D right here. You can also get involved in the banter with your own bets and predictions. Post them down below! :ok

@Ameer, @jazzman02, @Sterphyle, @Misa, @vasilli07, @MPLouis, @gazzo, @lorenzo., @mij0sim, @stressina87, @i1_principe, @hristofor, @Niceguy, @markus808, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Mindfulness, @Kenton Schweppes, @salmonman, @potus, @neilovan, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @sajtion, @MangoTheThird, @newjack, @Gedkip, @canaries91, @Xcout, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @four-leaf, @Teodore, @Darran, @Bobby Vegas, @DrO, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @Pep004, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @BobEire, @Odyssey, @Marek76, @thinkpink63, and @bastia.

In this Group I tried two bets already 

Morocco - Namibia    I bet Namibia 1.5   small stake  

sure very risky bet , but Morocco i feel not that ready for this game , they miss some key players and their performance before this cup was far from convincing , especially their defense very slow and lots of mistakes 

Namibia will fight hard and will defend with lots of players and then counter attack and with Morocco poor defense I wont be shocked if they score 

Ivory Coast - South Africa     I bet South Africa 0.5  Medium stake

South Africa performance before this cup in last friendly games was better than how I saw Ivory Coast 

Ivory Coast defense very heavy from what I saw and South Africa attacks crazy fast , they must make good chances here and I fancy them to score and not lose this one 

beside this I dont think Ivory Coast is good like many years ago and I no way to trust them 

Morocco vs Namibia

The first game in today's Africa Cup of Nations action is between 1976 winners Morocco and a Namibia side that have qualified for the tournament for the first time since 2008. It is a match that kicks off at 3:30pm BST and will be played at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo.

Morocco have been one of Africa's finest teams for the past couple of decades but they have repeatedly failed to fulfil their potential. Their qualification for the 2018 World Cup was their first appearance at the competition in 20 years. Herve Renard is hoping to build on that achievement by winning this year's Africa Cup of Nations. Renard is a two-time winner of this tournament himself having won it against all odds with Zambia in 2012 and then again with Ivory Coast in 2015.

Namibia are ranked 113th in the world and it's a massive task for Ricardo Manetti's side to qualify for the last 16. The squad is full of players that play their football on the African continent but one familiar face for Blackburn fans will be defender Ryan Nyambe who could be in line to make his debut for his national team. If Namibia are to have any chance of succeeding then they'll need key players such as Hotto Kavendji and Benson Shilongo to be on top form.

One of the areas of concern for Morocco is their form coming into this tournament. Renard's team have not won in four matches and they've failed to score in three of those games. Namibia's form isn't too consistent but it's in better health than Morocco's with 3 wins from their last 4 games.

Even though Namibia have every right to come into this game with quiet optimism, this is certainly Morocco's game to lose. Renard loves this tournament. His sides always perform well and has a two-time winner he knows what it takes to get to the final. I would be astonished if his Morocco side didn't start with a win here.

Morocco -1 @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.72 with Unibet

Ivory Coast vs South Africa

Gone are the days of Ivory Coast's golden generation being tipped as favourites to win the Africa Cup of Nations but they will still hope to start on a positive note here in a 3:30pm BST kick-off against 1996 tournament winners South Africa today at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo.

Ivory Coast are still regarded as one of the danger teams at this tournament but this squad pales in comparison to the great side that won the competition under Herve Renard back in 2015. Tottenham's Serge Aurier, Fulham's Jean Michael Seri, Lille's Nicolas Pepe and Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha are the main stars now and with just 1 defeat from their last 9 matches they come into this tournament in good shape.

South Africa stole the world's heart back in 2010 when they hosted the World Cup but the nation hasn't successfully built on that tournament as hoped. Head coach Stuart Baxter doesn't really have a lot to work with but that can only be blamed on the South African Football Association. Bafana Bafana were one of the last sides to qualify for this tournament and expectations aren't very high amongst their fans. They are unbeaten in their last 7 matches but that run only includes 2 wins.

Les Elephants might not boast the big names of Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, and Didier Drogba from yesteryear but this is a squad that is improving. Ibrahim Kamara is overseeing an interesting period in Ivorian football and they might well be a surprise package in this tournament. I'm expecting them to seal a win in this game but judging on recent matches South Africa might be hard to break down. A narrow Ivory Coast win for me.

Ivory Coast to Win @ 2.07 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Nicolas Pepe @ 3.40 with Betfair

Morocco vs Ivory Coast

Group D has the two group leaders going head-to-head today in a 6pm BST kick-off at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo when Morocco face Ivory Coast. Both teams won their opening games so a victory here would secure a spot in the last 16 but a draw is also likely to be enough for both sides.

Morocco were fortunate to squeeze past Namibia in their opening group game. Herve Renard might have won this tournament twice before but he needed the help of an own goal by Namibian player Itamunua Keimuine in the 89th minute to help his side seal a 1-0 win over their underdog opponents.

Ivory Coast also had to endure some squeaky bum time against South Africa. A 64th minute goal by Jonathan Kodjia was enough to give Ibrahim Kamara's side a 1-0 win over the 2010 World Cup hosts. At this stage, it's all about the points so they'll simply be relieved to get the victory but questions have been asked about whether this Ivorian team has what it takes to win this tournament.

It's a tough call to make on this game given both sides might have won their first group games but did so in underwhelming fashion. Still, it was 3 points and a clean sheet for both teams. The cynical approach would be to suggest neither side will want to risk defeat. A draw should be enough to carry them both through. On that basis, I have to say that's the outcome I'm backing. It'll be a low-scoring affair but I don't think either manager will mind that.

Draw @ 3.00 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.45 with Betfair

South Africa vs Namibia

It's last chance saloon pretty much for two sides in Group D when South Africa play Namibia in a 9pm BST kick-off at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo tonight. Both teams lost their opening games in this group without scoring a goal so defeat here could put them on the brink of elimination at the first hurdle.

South Africa were close to pulling off a fine result against Ivory Coast but ended up losing 1-0. A draw would have given them a great platform to build on. Unfortunately, Stuart Baxter's men are staring a group phase exit in the face if they don't take all 3 points here against group minnows Namibia.

Namibia also almost managed a shock draw against Morocco. Had it not been for that 89th minute own goal it would have been the case. Tournament football is a cruel mistress like that and Ricardo Mannetti's team were 1 minute away from making history for their nation but now just 90 minutes away from possible failure to qualify for the last 16. Football is all about those fine lines.

History could well play a mental factor in this game. South Africa have scored in 6 of their last 7 matches in this competition where as Namibia have never managed to win a game. This is also their first appearance in this tournament since 2008. It's all very new for this group of players and I think that inexperience will hamper them. Bafana Bafana should edge a narrow win here.

South Africa to Win @ 1.83 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.60 with BetVictor

Morocco Vs Ivory Coast

I strongly predict on double chance Ivory Coast X2 with 1XBET @odd 1.58

There is literally nothing that separates the two teams at the top, as Morocco take on two time winners Ivory Coast in Group D of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON). Both sides had an identical record coming into the game. Both have a similar W3 D2 L1 record from the AFCON qualifiers. Even their group openers have seen a similar 1-0 win from the first round. Morocco have been a magnet for clean sheets, and have kept 14 in their last 26 competitive matches. This period saw them avoid defeat in 21 of those 26 W14 D7 L5 .Including the qualifiers, they have now gone six games unbeaten and will hope to make it seven. Of course, Morocco needed a late own goal to get victory in the opening game. Ivory Coast were equally uninspiring against South Africa beating them 1-0. Since September 2016, they have drawn eight competitive games 0-0. W7 D12 L8 which is a worthwhile point to note. Of importance is the fact that more than 60% of those matches have ended with under 2.5 match goal. I think Ivory Coast got upper hand, they will get at least a point from this match. I strongly stand for Ivory Coast double chance .

Namibia vs Ivory Coast

The final round of matches in Group D kick-off at 5pm BST simultaneously today. One of those two matches is between bottom-placed side Namibia and second-placed Ivory Coast at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo with both sides still in with a realistic chance of qualifying for the last 16.

Namibia have suffered two consecutive 1-0 defeats to Morocco and South Africa. It has showed that Ricardo Mannetti's side have the fight to push teams but they're just lacking that cutting edge in the final third. Unfortunately, the Africa Cup of Nations doesn't really seem to agree with Namibia with the Brave Warriors conceding 20 goals in the 8 games they've played at the tournament to date. That record could get worse later today.

Ivory Coast will be disappointed to be coming into this game needing a win to guarantee a spot in the last 16. Ibrahim Kamara's men will have felt they could top this group at the start of proceedings but they now come into this game knowing they need something against the weakest team in the group. The 1-0 win over South Africa was a positive start but the 1-0 loss to Morocco has put a dampener on the camp.

Even if Namibia win they need to do so by a solid margin and also hope other results go their way. Their future in this tournament isn't looking good. Ivory Coast need at least a draw to progress but they'll be looking for the win. I expect them to get it. Losing to Morocco was gut-wrenching for the Elephants but far from a disaster. I'm confident they'll keep a clean sheet doing it too.

Ivory Coast to Win to Nil @ 1.75 with Ladbrokes

Ivory Coast HT/FT @ 2.15 with Coral

South Africa vs Morocco

The second game in Group D that's kicking off at 5pm BST is the clash between 3rd placed South Africa and group leaders Morocco at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo. Morocco have already sealed qualification to the last 16 and South Africa need a point to give themselves a great chance of reaching the next round.

South Africa have had mixed fortunes so far in this competition. A narrow 1-0 loss to Ivory Coast in their opening game was nullified by a 1-0 win over Namibia in their last group game. A draw would likely be enough to see them through to the last 16 and having won 1 and drawn 3 of their last 4 matches against Morocco, Stuart Baxter's side will have confidence they can do that here.

Morocco have already qualified for the last 16 after 1-0 wins over Namibia and Ivory Coast. That achievement could lead to Herve Renard leaving out some of his star players so they are fresh for the last 16. Only a draw is needed to seal top spot as well. It's a result that would suit both teams.

I can see this being a very low tempo game between two sides that, in all honesty, would quite happily play out a 0-0 draw. You could argue that South Africa would want to avoid any uncertainty and go for the win but I think a 0-0 or 1-1 draw seems the most likely outcome with maybe Bafana Bafana sneaking a win against a weakened Morocco.

South Africa Double Chance @ 1.67 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.25 with Betfair