** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group C Predictions > Jun 23rd - Jul 1st

GroupC.jpg

You can find all the chat and predictions for Group C right here. Please post your own tips and bets so we can work together to find the best bets available on the markets for these games! :ok

@Ameer, @jazzman02, @Sterphyle, @Misa, @vasilli07, @MPLouis, @gazzo, @lorenzo., @mij0sim, @stressina87, @i1_principe, @hristofor, @Niceguy, @markus808, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Mindfulness, @Kenton Schweppes, @salmonman, @potus, @neilovan, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @sajtion, @MangoTheThird, @newjack, @Gedkip, @canaries91, @Xcout, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @four-leaf, @Teodore, @Darran, @Bobby Vegas, @DrO, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @Pep004, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @BobEire, @Odyssey, @Marek76, @thinkpink63, and @bastia.

Senegal - Tanzania 

I like Senegal -1.25  lots here , this Tanzania i saw last game against Egypt , their defense very easy to break and I fancy 2-0 or 3-0 win for Senegal  too good for this poor Tanzania despite the miss of Sadio mane this game due to yellow card suspension 

Senegal vs Tanzania

Group C begins later today in a 6pm BST kick-off when Senegal play Tanzania at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. This game pits one of the tournament favourites against the second lowest ranked side in the competition. There's only one outcome from this, right?

Senegal entered the hearts of the football world in 2002 when their golden generation reached the Quarter-Finals of the World Cup. One of those players, Aliou Cisse, now manages his national team as they attempt to win a first ever Africa Cup of Nations and improve on their best ever finish of runners-up in 2002. Poetically, it was Cisse who missed the decisive penalty in that final defeat to Cameroon so he will feel he has unfinished business with this competition.

Tanzania come into this tournament with only Burundi ranked lower in the FIFA rankings. Head coach Emmanuel Amunike brings his side into this competition with just 2 wins from their past 7 games. They are ranked 131st in the world and this is their first appearance at this competition since 1980. Are they here to simply make up the numbers? Whether they want that or not, it might not be their choice.

There is a reason why Senegal are one of the favourites coming in this Africa Cup of Nations. Cisse's side includes the likes of Kalidou Koulibaly of Napoli, Idrissa Gueye of Everton, and Sadio Mane of Liverpool. That's only to name but a few. It's also 6 wins on the bounce for Cisse's side with just 1 goal conceded during those matches. I expect them to continue that run with a business-like win in this game.

Senegal HT/FT @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Senegal -1 @ 2.10 with Paddy Power

Algeria vs Kenya

Group C continues at 9pm BST tonight when Algeria face Kenya in an intriguing clash at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. Can the 1990 Africa Cup of Nations winners start on a positive note here or will a potentially dangerous Kenya side spring a surprise victory in this opening game for both sides?

Algeria have long been one of the biggest sides in African football. Head coach Djamel Belmadi will want to recapture the spirit of 1982 when Algeria shocked the world to beat West Germany in the World Cup by a 2-1 score-line. The current crop of players is up there with some of the best the nation has produced with the likes of Manchester City's Riyad Mahrez, Porto's Yacine Brahimi, Leicester's Islam Slimani, and Galatasaray's Sofiane Feghouli. 

Kenya might not be the most renowned footballing side in Africa. This will be their 6th participation at this tournament and their first since 2004. Led by captain Victor Wanyama with Cercle Brugge's Johanna Omolo next to him in the centre of the park they have a strong spine to their squad but they're lacking in key areas of defence and out wide. Striker Michael Olunga has scored 15 goals in 34 caps so he's a potential danger but this is not a squad of players you'd expect to progress very far in this tournament. Head coach Sebastien Migne managed impressive work with the DR Congo under-20s side but that failed to translate to his role as manager of the Republic of Congo national side where he only lasted a year.

This game really is Algeria's to lose. They are unbeaten in their last 6 matches and you compare that to a Kenya side that has only won 1 of their last 3. Kenya did only concede 1 goal in their 4 qualifiers for this tournament but they did fail to score in half of their qualifiers. This should be a standard win for Algeria who possess a far stronger and experienced unit. Not forgetting Algeria boast the midfield creativity that should unlock this Kenyan defensive style.

Algeria -1 @ 2.88 with SpreadEx

Algeria HT/FT @ 2.62 with Ladbrokes

Kenya will be very tough team to beat with the way how defend and weather will make harder for the Algerians 

Im even scared to bet on Algeria -0.75 here despite I saw now lots of fans from Algeria  in Cairo streets  and algerian fans always play big part of their national team wins 

i hope Algeria win here 

Senegal vs Algeria

Two of the biggest teams in this competition go head-to-head tonight in one of the top matches of the group stages when Senegal and Algeria meet in a 6pm BST kick-off at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. The winning side will confirm their spot in the next round but a draw should be enough to take both teams through all things considered.

Senegal made light work of Tanzania in their opening game 2-0 win. Aliou Cisse's side knew they had to start on a positive note and they did exactly that with goals by Keita and Krepin Diatta. The victory never looked in doubt and it proved exactly why I think the Lions of Teranga are one of the favourites to win this competition.

Algeria also had little trouble in dispatching Kenya with a 2-0 victory in their first group game. I expected very little else from the performance of the Greens who took a lead just after the half hour from the penalty spot through Baghdad Bounedjah with a second add by Riyad Mahrez just before half-time. That display also showed that Djamel Belmadi's men should be taken seriously as potential contenders to win this trophy.

We'll know a lot more about which of these sides is in better shape heading into the second round after this game. I'm expecting to see some goals here with Senegal having scored twice or more in 4 of their last 5 matches in the Africa Cup of Nations whilst Algeria have conceded at least two goals in 4 of their last 5 matches in this tournament. I think Senegal could sneak the win with a more fully-rounded side but it could be exciting.

Senegal to Win @ 2.20 with Betfred

Anytime Scorer: Sadio Mane @ 3.25 with Paddy Power

Kenya vs Tanzania

It's a crucial game in Group C at 9pm BST tonight when Kenya play Tanzania at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. The losing side will have a massive uphill challenge to reach the last 16 where as the winners will give themselves a fighting chance of qualifying for the next round.

Kenya suffered an expected 2-0 loss in their opening game to Algeria but there were signs that this side could have enough about them to sneak in as a third placed side into the last 16 or even cause problems for Senegal in their last group game. Sebastien Migne's men will need to get the 3 points here to fulfil that potential but in Victor Wanyama as captain they have a leader that could inspire them to do exactly that.

Tanzania also experienced an anticipated 2-0 loss against Senegal in their first group game. Emmanuel Amunike is facing a big task to get his Taifa Stars through this group. I'm not really sure they can hope for much more than going down fighting. Their lack of quality will be their undoing.

These are two nations that aren't exactly packed with global stars. Kenya probably edge it on paper and did look more capable in the opening group games. If we're being realistic then this is the battle for 3rd place. I can see Kenya sneaking it but it might only be by a single goal.

Kenya to Win @ 2.15 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.43 with Unibet

Kenya vs Senegal

Here are the final lot of matches from Group C with the action beginning at 8pm BST with Kenya playing Senegal at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. Both of these sides are guaranteed at least third place and one will progress as a top two finisher but which one will it be?

Kenya are doing well to give themselves a great chance of reaching the last 16. Striker Michael Olunga has looked dangerous up top in the 2-0 loss to Algeria and got his just rewards for persisting tirelessly in the 3-2 win over Tanzania. Victory would seal Sebastien Migne's side's spot in the next round and a draw would likely be enough. A loss and they will have a nervous wait to see how teams in Group E and F perform tomorrow.

Senegal are well positioned to stride into the last 16. Aliou Cisse's side cruised to a 2-0 win over Tanzania in their opening group game but then narrowly lost 1-0 to Algeria in their second match of the group phase. A draw would seal a top two spot but a defeat could leave their hopes hanging in the balance.

At the moment, these two teams are only separated on goal difference but I think they are quite far apart in their actual abilities. Kenya will be proud to still be in with a fantastic chance of qualifying for the next round. Senegal will be frustrated it's gone down to the last match. I think experience and ability will prevail here. The Lions of Teranga should seal a business-like win to progress and leave Harambee Stars waiting anxiously.

Senegal to Win to Nil @ 1.91 with Ladbrokes

Anytime Scorer: Sadio Mane @ 2.40 with Paddy Power

Tanzania vs Algeria

In the other Group C game that kicks off at 8pm BST tonight it's bottom-placed Tanzania versus top of the table Algeria at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo. The fate of both of these sides is already sealed with Tanzania already eliminated and Algeria already progressing. How will that affect their approaches to this game?

Tanzania haven't experienced their first Africa Cup of Nations since 1980 like they had hoped. A 2-0 defeat to Senegal in their first group game was followed by an unfortunate 3-2 loss to Kenya in their second game. It leaves Emmanuel Amunike's side bottom of the group and due to those two results unable to qualify even via a third place finish. It's all about pride now for the Taifa Stars.

Algeria have gone about their group stage campaign in a very professional manner so far. Djamel Belmadi's men won 2-0 against Kenya in their first game and then sealed a pleasing 1-0 win over rivals Senegal in the following game. It means the qualification is secured and this final game can be used to experiment and rest key players.

The obvious cause of concern here is just how much these sides rotate their squads. Tanzania will want to end on a high but also have one eye on the long term. So they could be tempted to start a few fresh faces. Algeria will surely be resting players knowing a top two spot is confirmed. I still think Algeria should have enough to scrape this one.

Algeria HT/FT @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.87 with Unibet