** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - July 22 - July 28

• 1 month later...

Please try to post the bookies you're taking the picks with @Anaxagoras!

Martin Klizan to beat Daniel Altmaier at 1.53 with Pinnacle

A fairly premium price for Klizan and I think it's worth taking, as Hamburg has always been among his better events. He's a class above Altmaier if he puts some focus into his work and I think that he will, as he looked really disappointed after losing against Bagnis last time out.

5 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Please try to post the bookies you're taking the picks with @Anaxagoras!

Martin Klizan to beat Daniel Altmaier at 1.53 with Pinnacle

A fairly premium price for Klizan and I think it's worth taking, as Hamburg has always been among his better events. He's a class above Altmaier if he puts some focus into his work and I think that he will, as he looked really disappointed after losing against Bagnis last time out.

I like it. For me it's tomorrow's banker as well.

Nikoloz Basilashvili to beat Hugo Dellien at 2.00 with William Hill

While I do understand the reasons for Basilashvili being the underdog in this one, I don't really agree with them. Basilashvili is still the classier player of the two and he's the defending champion, so I think that he's going to be prepared for the event after taking a break after Wimbledon. Dellien is having an excellent season in terms of win and losses, but most of his successes came on the lower level and he's had some weak performances recently, so I'd have Nikoloz as the favorite here and I'm quite surprised that we're getting evens for him.

43 minutes ago, Gully_22 said:

Anyone see Cecchinato v Delbonis?

Cecchinato a set up, up 5-4 and 40-0 on serve in the second. Proceeds to lose the match, brillaint bit of choking right there lol. Delbonis was 70/1 at that point too!

It happens - sounds just like Fed against Djokovic. And if Federer can do it on centre court in the final of Wimbledon then anyone can. 

On 7/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, Anaxagoras said:

Opelka vs Bublik

Bublik was in Newport final against Isner today. He played 3 setters in 4/5 of the matches.

Now flying to Atlanta to meet Opelka in the 1st round match. I suppose he'd be tired, might throw this game. 

Opelka @ 1.53

Opelka 2-0 @ 2.30

Opelka won in straight sets  :ok

Anyone thinking of backing Dimitrov anytime soon should probably think again. I've just watched most of his straight-sets loss to Kevin King, who's ranked at number 405, and it's got to be up there with one of the worst performances I've ever seen. The Bulgarian was a break up twice in the first set but lost it 7-5, then was a double break up in the second and leading 3-0 before losing it 6-4. From 3-0 in the second set he never held his serve again and would have lost the set 6-3 if it hadn't been for King failing to serve it out. Some of Dimitrov's numbers were astonishing. He won less than 1 in 4 points behind his second serve, served 8 double faults and conceded 23 break points - I'm not sure I've ever seen so high a number in a 3 set ATP match. All the way through it looked as though he couldn't really be bothered whether he won or lost. King didn't even play well himself - his first serve percentage was below 50, he fired down 9 double faults and he wasn't much better than Dimitrov on second serve. If that wasn't a performance that deserves a fine for a lack of effort then I don't know what is.

Edited by Torque

Today's parlay @1.90 Unibet

ATP - SINGLES: Gstaad (Switzerland), clay - 1/8-finals 
Moroni M.    -    Sousa J.   
Sousa @1.50 Unibet

Sousa clay 2019 - 8/19. Moroni clay 2019 - 18/32. Even if Moroni has better statistics for 2019, he played mostly in Challengers and against players out of 100ATP ranking. Sousa, on the other side, played in ATP tournaments against much better players from inside of 100 ATP. According to my expectations, it won't be an easy win for Sousa, but he will take it, being a more qualitative player overall.

ATP - SINGLES: Hamburg (Germany), clay    
Delbonis F. - Zverev A.
Zverev @1.27 Unibet 

I expect an easy win (probably 2:0) for Zverev because of the next reasons:

• more qualitative player according to achievements and ranking
  • plays at home 
  • won Jarry who is a clay court player, so seems motivated
  • Delbonis should be tired, having played 10 matches in last 15 days.

De Minaur is streaky and I don't think he plays well without confidence, of which he's had little recently. Klahn isn't going to give him much rhythm and already has a match under his belt, I'd stay away personally. The odds aren't that great and Klahn on hard is a different proposition than Klahn on clay. De Minaur should win, but I don't think it's going to be comfortable.

Yuichi Sugita to beat Max Purcell at 1.79 with Pinnacle

One more for me today and it comes from the Binghamton Challenger where I quite like Sugita, who played well against Leshem yesterday. Cool, composed, survived some psychologically difficult situations. I wouldn't say that he's back to his best just yet, but he's clearly on the rise after a really poor start to the season and the results are starting to follow. Purcell, on the other hand, has always been a total journeyman to me, decent on a good day but never great. I'd have Sugita at 1.50 personally.

Just want to say thank you Czech for your valuable contributions to this great forum.  I'm quite behind after returning from Wimbledon and haven't been able to add much myself.  I will try to change that!

I often follow you guys, and will try to add value also.
To your knowledge, I'm French.

I like Opelka at these odds tonight @1,78
Cause Evans wasn't impressive this week as he has been on grass. His last game vs Albot was a shamble of a game.
Opelka is quite solid, and on home soil. I like his chances.

GL and bet wisely.