** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - July 15 - July 21

• 4 weeks later...

The week after Wimbledon is always a bit flat. In Europe there's an inexplicable switch to clay for what seems like no time at all until the American hard court swing begins, plus a lot of players aren't playing due to their Wimbledon exertions which means a roster of minor tournaments with weakened fields. Not very attractive from a betting perspective which explains how quiet it is here right now.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

The week after Wimbledon is always a bit flat. In Europe there's an inexplicable switch to clay for what seems like no time at all until the American hard court swing begins, plus a lot of players aren't playing due to their Wimbledon exertions which means a roster of minor tournaments with weakened fields. Not very attractive from a betting perspective which explains how quiet it is here right now.

So true.  But there's still some interesting stuff this week on clay in the WTA if you really love the grind:)  After losing so much on the final serena vs halep match (literally lost all of my wimbledon profits on the single match) I kinda need the break anyway.  Still felt like the bet was right, but disappointed.  I'll be courtside for the San Jose tourney which looks to be really good this year with Svitolina and some other big names coming:)

Newport has been such a fun tournament to watch. Kind of refreshing to watch real grass court tennis where guys have to improvise and play different styles. by real I mean the courts are slick and the bounces are low.  I wouldnt like this the majority of time but it's nice to see a change in styles. One week is good enough.

hey folks! my first posting here :} i think simona waltert is more than capable to beat jil teichmann in lausanne. she played a great match vs julia goerges in her first round encounter where the german had to retire in the final set. she even defeated her fellow citizien teichmann two years ago 6-7, 6-1, 6-0. she is fired up, has a great coach (he told her in her match vs goerges how good she is and that she is now right where she belongs) and the odds are just ridiculous. in my oppinion this the most wrong priced match i have seen in months. everything on simona has massive value! good luck everyone!

/edit: well, she couldn't find the form she had two days ago. bought waltert over 5.5 games (1.90) at 0-3 in the first, so i'm a happy trader :D

Edited by kedbet

Dead in here this week isn't it? Thought I would chuck up a pick from my systems thread as the stats look favourable. 

ATP Umag

Djere to bt Balazs - 1.56 with Betfair

The bookies and the exchange markets give Djere a 64% chance of winning this. When they've done that in the past he's thrown up 84% wins with a 28-5 record on clay. This also includes a 6-1 record in semi finals, of which today is another. 

He's also won 9 of the last ten sitting at this chance of winning. 

Everything now piles up for a Balazs win lol, but I will be following the stats and backing Djere in my system thread. 

Edited by Tennis Picks