** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Travelers Championship

Bamford

The annual trip to Connecticut for the Travelers Championship. A risk-reward parkland, par 70, which at just over 6,800 yards yields birdies to those at the top of their games. Bombers and shorter hitters can both compete, but the ability to score well and the par-4s is the deciding factor here. Relatively small Bentgrass Poa Annua greens tend to be receptive, but this tournament tends to be won from tee-to-green, with excellent approach play unlocking birdie opportunities which need to be converted. Bogey Avoidance also important. With wind in-play this week, look for those who can play well in blustery conditions.

I have gone for Justin Thomas at 20/1, Marc Leishman at 35/1, Kevin Kisner at 80/1 and C.T. Pan also at 80/1. 

I will take 3 this week. All based on previous form at the Travelers and also good recent form on the tour, in general. First up I'll take Casey. His form here speaks for itself. Last 4 years T2 / T17 / T5 / T2 and although he is the nearly man, you'd like to think he will get a win soon. Long overdue.

Next up I'll take Grillo. He has the aura of a guy that is getting close to a win. I've backed him previously and he's just made the odd mistake here and there once in good positions but at 60s this week I'll chance him.

Finally, I'll take Berger. T17 in 2016 and T2 the following year in 2017 he has form here and again, at a big price this week for my final selection.

2pts E/W P.Casey to win Travelers 18/1 paddypower (8 places)
1pt E/W E.Grillo to win Travelers 50/1 paddypower (8 places)
1pt E/W D.Berger to win Travelers 60/1 paddypower (8 places)