** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group C Predictions > Jun 16th - 24th

Uruguay vs Ecuador

One of the more intriguing group stage matches is coming up this Sunday when Uruguay and Ecuador meet in an 11pm BST kick-off at the Estadio Mineirao in Belo Horizonte. Neither side has enjoyed much success in this competition over recent years so this opening game is a big chance to put those ghosts to rest.

Uruguay remain under the management of Oscar Tabarez. It's now 13 years in charge of the national team for the experienced head coach. During his tenure at the helm, he's guided Uruguay to the 2011 Copa America title and a 4th placed finish in the 2010 World Cup and 2013 Confederations Cup. Unfortunately, in this competition they didn't even make it out of the group stage in 2016 and struggled to the Quarter-Finals in 2015. La Celeste do come into this tournament off the back of three wins with clean sheets kept in all three games. Admittedly, the opposition were only Panama, Thailand, and Uzbekistan.

Ecuador are one of only two countries in South America to have never won the Copa America. La Tricolor's best performances were a 4th placed finish in both 1959 and 1993. They've only managed to navigate past the group stage once in the last seven tournaments. Hernan Dario Gomez's side come into this game without a win in their last 4 matches.

I have a soft spot for Uruguay. On the day I went to get fitted for my wedding suit in 2012 it was when the Olympic Games were taking place. Uruguay had a game in Cardiff so the team was based there and I bumped into a few of them on Duke Street opposite the castle. They were all very pleasant including Tabarez. So on that basis I'm back them to win here. Well, not just that but I think they'll have too much for a weak Ecuador side.

Uruguay -1 @ 3.50 with SpreadEx

Uruguay HT/FT @ 3.00 with Ladbrokes

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, @ant8n, @BobEire, @RIOT88, @Power90, @Adley, @Alexc, @bastia, @Ameer. @Odyssey, and @Marek76, are any of you guys betting on these Group C matches?

Japan - Chile 

long time ago I managed to bet Medium on Chile -0.5 @ 1.85 but now Odds Crazy changed !! Chile now became -1.25 

I hope Im Right , I think Chile in Copa America have more advantage and should manage to win this at the end 

Japan wherever they go always make life hard for any team they face , but this time with this type of players I think Chile should win hopefully despite I smell tiny Value now on Japan 1.25

17 hours ago, Ameer said:

I feel this game tricky !! this Uruguay sometimes surprise me with careless performance , I feel cant trust them 

Ecuador play as one unit and have some fast players in Midfield Area 

I dont know here what can happen

I'm relieved that Uruguay delivered the goods to continue my really positive start to this tournament. Ecuador are one of those sides that rarely do anything but they are a tough side to break down at times. Was this a statement of intent by Uruguay?

i was lucky to bet live fast on Uruguay -0.5  after I saw how the game started 

thanks God so far this Copa Gold for us :) 

but Im shocked how crap and poor this Ecuador looked 

Look ......90 minutes They Did NOTHING !!! 

nice one was 

and Egypt won 3-1 as well was massive win for me too 

great days thanks God :) 

Japan vs Chile

The final game in the opening round of group matches kicks off at midnight BST tonight when Japan go head-to-head with reigning champions Chile at Estadio do Morumbi in Sao Paulo. After Uruguay's 4-0 battering of Ecuador yesterday there is a huge opportunity for one of these teams to take a big step towards the Quarter-Finals with a win here.

Japan come into this tournament in good nick with three clean sheets on the bounce from games in the Kirin Challenge Cup against Bolivia, Trinidad and Tobago, and El Salvador. Head coach Hajime Moriyasu is set to field an experimental side for his nation's first outing in the Copa America after their invitation this year. The Japanese reached the 2018 World Cup 2nd Round almost knocking out Belgium and then got to the final of the 2019 Asian Cup. So there is a fair bit of optimism with their players here despite the likes of Yuto Nagatomo, Hiroki Sakai, Shinji Kagawa, and Yuya Osako being left out. That's a total of 16 uncapped players in the squad.

Chile will be looking to make it a third Copa America victory in a row. Head coach Reinaldo Rueda hasn't enjoyed the best of starts to his spell in charge of the national team. Just 1 win in their last 3 games means they'll have some work today to build self-confidence. The strength of this Chilean side is its wealth of experience. Gary Medel, Gonzalo Jara, Mauricio Isla, Jean Beausejour, Arturo Vidal, and Alexis Sanchez all boast over 100 caps for their national team.

I think experience is going to be the key here. Japan are bringing what can only be described as a shadow side to this tournament. It's a big disappointment for me because this is the sort of tournament where a good run can take you a long way and doing well here could do wonders for football in Japan. As it is, I think Chile should win this comfortably.

Chile -1 @ 2.62 with Coral

Chile HT/FT @ 2.40 with Ladbrokes

Japan (+2 AH) to beat Uruguay at 1.91 with Unibet

Both teams started the tournament in a totally different way. Japan lost heavily 0-4 by Chile, but they did not deserve to lose with such a result. They had 3-4 good opportunities to score but missed, as the Chileans scored after corner and after blocked shot the first two goals. Uruguay on his part started with a convincing victory over Ecuador by 4-0, but there was an early red card that facilitated their task. In the end I do not think the difference between these teams is so big, they met last year in a friendly match and the game ended 4-3 for the Asians.

1 hour ago, i1_principe said:

Japan (+2 AH) to beat Uruguay at 1.91 with Unibet

Both teams started the tournament in a totally different way. Japan lost heavily 0-4 by Chile, but they did not deserve to lose with such a result. They had 3-4 good opportunities to score but missed, as the Chileans scored after corner and after blocked shot the first two goals. Uruguay on his part started with a convincing victory over Ecuador by 4-0, but there was an early red card that facilitated their task. In the end I do not think the difference between these teams is so big, they met last year in a friendly match and the game ended 4-3 for the Asians.

Japan when they play with their best players they normally lose from Uruguay 2-0 , so now Imagen Japan now with young team 

I dont know but if Uruguay go for it and play serious  then we should see something  3-0  or 4-0 or 4-1

Uruguay vs Japan

Group C is back tonight when Uruguay can confirm their spot in the last 8 with a win over Japan in this midnight BST kick-off at the Arena do Gremio in Porto Alegre. These two sides experienced contrasting results in their opening games so it'll be interesting to see how this game goes.

Uruguay dominated Ecuador by a 4-0 score-line in their opening match. The result was never in doubt with La Celeste scoring after just 6 minutes. It showed that Oscar Tabarez's side should be considered as genuine contenders to win this trophy for the first time since 2011.

Japan played an experimental side against Chile and they got what they deserved in the 4-0 defeat. Head coach Hajime Moriyasu doesn't have a lot of room for manoeuvre ahead of this next game. It makes you feel that they're going to be heading for a similar outcome here. As @Ameer rightly said, if a full-strength Japan would be expected to lose 2-0 to Uruguay then what will this weakened side manage?

I'm going to have to back a repeat score-line for both teams here. Uruguay will want to get qualification sorted as soon as possible so they can rest players for their final group game. Japan looked very poor against Chile and their opponents will be just as strong here. A can see a heavy Uruguay win.

Uruguay -2 @ 3.60 with Betfair

Uruguay to Win to Nil @ 1.83 with BetVictor

Ecuador vs Chile

Group C was blown wide open yesterday when Japan managed to pull off a huge shock by holding Uruguay to a 2-2 draw. Ecuador play Chile in the next game from that group tonight and a win for either team would have a huge repercussions for their future in this tournament. The action kicks off at midnight BST from the Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador.

Ecuador suffered a poor 4-0 loss in their opening game to Uruguay and will want to win here to keep their realistic hopes of reaching the last 8 alive. Hernan Dario Gomez's side are now five games without a win and they'll be up against a useful Chilean side here. Morale is low and it'll take something special to get something in this game.

Chile have their hopes firmly set on winning a third consecutive Copa America title. Reinaldo Rueda oversaw his team pick apart a weakened Japan side in a 4-0 win in their first group game. Victory here would secure their spot in the final 8. Defeat would leave them needing to get something against Uruguay in their last group phase game so the pressure is on here.

Nobody saw the Japan score against Uruguay coming and I'm a bit cautious about something similar happening here. Ecuador need something from this game to boost spirits. Otherwise they're entering their final game staring elimination in the face. Unfortunately, I have to back Chile here. Ecuador were all over the place against Uruguay and Chile won't be any easier to play. A 2-0 win for Chile is what I'm anticipating but the way the last couple of days have gone we could yet see something surprising.

Chile to Win @ 1.82 with Betdaq

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.94 with MarathonBet

Chile vs Uruguay

The first game up in this final round of fixtures from Group C is between 1st placed Chile and 2nd placed Uruguay in an 8pm kick-off at the Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro. Both sides have already qualified for this game so we could see an encounter that resembles more a friendly match-up.

Chile will be pleased with their performances so far. Reinaldo Rueda's men have established themselves as potential tournament winners after securing a 4-0 win over Japan and then a 2-1 victory against Ecuador. A few first team starters could be rested here but they'll be keen to keep momentum heading into a potential Quarter-Final game with Peru or Colombia.

Uruguay have shown two sides of their game so far. The 4-0 obliteration of Ecuador was La Celeste at their finest but then the laborious 2-2 draw with Japan where they needed a penalty to help them on their way showed signs of weakness. Both sides will want to give key players a rest but they'll also be wary that the losers could end up facing an impressive Colombian side where as the winners will be handed a winnable tie against Peru.

Both of these teams have the attacking power in their squads to make this a goal fest. Neither defence has looked impenetrable in this tournament but they're solid enough at the back. We could see a more risk-free approach by both managers. I'm not sure I can call a winner so backing a score draw seems like the most logical option.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.95 with RedZone

Ecuador vs Japan

Group C comes to a thrilling conclusion tonight at midnight when bottom placed Ecuador will take on 3rd placed Japan at the Estadio Mineirao in Belo Horizonte. The victory will secure a place in the last 8 for the winners but a draw or defeat for either side would result in elimination.

Ecuador have had a tournament to forget so far. Hernan Dario Gomez's side have lost both of their group matches against Chile and Uruguay. It means that La Tricolor come into this game needing a win to progress as a best third placed team from this group. A draw or loss would see them finish bottom.

Japan were tipped by myself to struggle. They looked set to do so after the 4-0 loss to Chile in their opening game but the 2-2 draw with Uruguay suggested there was hope. A win could potentially push them into 2nd place but it's more likely to be a third placed finish and a tie against Brazil in the Quarter-Final or elimination from the group phase.

I've not really been overly impressed by either side so far in this tournament. Japan offered more against Uruguay but I think that was more a case of Oscar Tabarez's team under-estimating their opponents. I think when the chips are down that Ecuador could do enough to steal a win and sneak into the last 8.

Ecuador to Win @ 2.10 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.66 with Marathonbet

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Chile vs Uruguay

The first game up in this final round of fixtures from Group C is between 1st placed Chile and 2nd placed Uruguay in an 8pm kick-off at the Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro. Both sides have already qualified for this game so we could see an encounter that resembles more a friendly match-up.

Chile will be pleased with their performances so far. Reinaldo Rueda's men have established themselves as potential tournament winners after securing a 4-0 win over Japan and then a 2-1 victory against Ecuador. A few first team starters could be rested here but they'll be keen to keep momentum heading into a potential Quarter-Final game with Peru or Colombia.

Uruguay have shown two sides of their game so far. The 4-0 obliteration of Ecuador was La Celeste at their finest but then the laborious 2-2 draw with Japan where they needed a penalty to help them on their way showed signs of weakness. Both sides will want to give key players a rest but they'll also be wary that the losers could end up facing an impressive Colombian side where as the winners will be handed a winnable tie against Peru.

Both of these teams have the attacking power in their squads to make this a goal fest. Neither defence has looked impenetrable in this tournament but they're solid enough at the back. We could see a more risk-free approach by both managers. I'm not sure I can call a winner so backing a score draw seems like the most logical option.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.95 with RedZone

Chile to win at 3.60 with Betfair and Chile and under 2.5 goals at 7.00 with Betfair