** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group A Predictions > Jun 14th - 22nd

Brazil vs Bolivia

The 2019 Copa America kicks off at 1:30am BST on Saturday morning and the opening game is a clash between host nation Brazil and tournament minnows Bolivia at the Estadio do Morumbi in Sao Paulo. Can the home side get off to a perfect start or will we see an upset in the first game?

Brazil are looking a lot more like their old selves these days on the international scene. The dark day of that 7-1 defeat to Germany at the 2014 World Cup has been long put in the past and Tite's side are now looking genuine candidates to win this competition on home turf.

Bolivia haven't reached a World Cup since 1994 and their performances at the Copa America tournaments since have hardly raised any eyebrows. Head coach Eduardo Villegas has very little to work with most hope pinned on the experienced Marcelo Martins to help lead them to getting any points in this group.

You only need to see the strength of the squad Brazil have named for this tournament to see how seriously they are taking it. Alisson, Thiago Silva, Arthur, Philippe Coutinho, and Gabriel Jesus are all included. Neymar's absence through injury is the only real blow.

The odds are heavily stacked against an out-of-form Bolivia here. Bolivia have lost their last three games. La Verde have also failed to even score in 5 of their last 6 matches. It is also just 1 win in their last 15 away games. Even that solitary victory was against a dreadful Myanmar side. Their head-to-head record against Brazil is woeful too with Bolivia having only scored once in their last six meetings with Brazil away from home.

I'm going to back the host nation to get off to a strong start with home advantage. Bolivia tend to cause problems for teams when they are on home territory due to the high altitude. Away from home they really struggle to impact games. A 3-0 win seems like the most likely option.

Brazil -2 @ 1.95 with Blacktype

Brazil to Win to Nil @ 1.40 with BetVictor

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, @ant8n, @BobEire, @RIOT88, @Power90, @Adley, @Alexc, @bastia, and @Marek76, are any of you guys looking to bet on these games?

7 hours ago, Ameer said:

mmmmmmmm

how you managed to find Brazil -2 ? 

I already took Brazil -2.25 @ 1.80 one week ago

but I think should be 3-0 or 4-1 hopefully 

Mine is European Handicap, not Asian Handicap. I think the price has changed as the game has drawn closer. I know a few people backing a standard 2-0 win for Brazil so it's not too much of a surprising price. Opening day nerves and all that could be a factor. I agree on the 3-0 score-line though.

Venezuela vs Peru

It was a very positive start for us in this year's Copa America getting the prediction correct for the opening game. The matches come thick and fast with two more games coming up tonight. The first of those is this low-key affair between Venezuela and Peru that kicks off at 8pm BST at the Arena do Gremio in Porto Alegre.

Venezuela are one of the smaller nations at this year's competition and expectations are limited for Rafael Dudamel's side heading into the tournament. La Vinotinto finished in 4th place back in 2011 and that was their best placed finish in the history of the Copa America. They reached the Quarter-Finals in 2016 and were eliminated having only lost one game. So they are certainly a team not to be taken lightly.

Peru qualified for the 2018 World Cup. Despite an elimination at the group stage they did themselves proud with some decent performances. Unfortunately, results since haven't been great with just 3 wins in their last 10 matches. In their defence, they have faced a number of tough sides including Netherlands, Germany, and Colombia but defeats to Ecuador, Costa Rica, and El Salvador probably weren't anticipated. Head coach Ricardo Gareca could find his job in jeopardy if they don't deliver a showing here. A 3rd place finish in two of the last three tournaments shows they have the capabilities.

A big concern here is the frailties of both defences. Peru have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 7 matches. Not ideal preparation against a Venezuelan side that has scored in 11 consecutive matches. Newcastle striker Salomon Rondon being their biggest threat. I think this could be a very tight game and I'm not sure I can pick a winner. A 1-1 or 2-2 draw seems a most likely outcome.

Draw @ 3.20 with Boylesports

BTTS @ 2.15 with Blacktype

Congratulations StevieDay1983, great work so far.  1 pick from me for today's matches.

Peru (-1 AH) to beat Bolivia at 1.87 with Unibet  

Peru won against Venezuela in the first match and totally deserved the victory, but eventually the game ended 0-0. Given that the last game of the Peruvians is against Brazil now they will seek a mandatory victory against a unpretentious rival.  Bolivia lost with 0-3 against Brazil, they are an outsider in this group and will most likely fight Venezuela for the third place, which can rank them ahead. For me Peru is much better team and surely will win here with more than 1 goal I guess. My call is 2-0.

Bolivia vs Peru

The next match in this group kicks off at 10:30pm BST tonight with group underdogs Bolivia looking to bounce back from their opening game defeat against a decent Peru side. The game will take place at the Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro and a win for either side could put them in a great position to qualify for the Quarter-Finals.

Bolivia were handed an expected battering in their 3-0 loss to Brazil on the opening day of tournament action. Only three of this Bolivian squad play their football outside of their home country. It's now four games lost in a row and Eduardo Villegas's side. La Verde have also now failed to score in over 390 minutes of international football. Is this the game where that changes?

Peru will be bitterly disappointed with their first game 0-0 draw with Venezuela. Ricardo Gareca could find his position in jeopardy if they don't manage to win this game. Furthermore, with host nation Brazil left to come in their final match it is absolutely crucial that they win this one. A draw or less would leave Los Incas in big trouble.

Neither of these two sides are in outstanding form right now. Bolivia could suffer another loss here. 13th October, 2018 was the last time Bolivia won and that wait is likely to go on. I agree with @i1_principe and expect Peru to seal a solid win here to all but secure their spot in the last 8 of this competition.

Peru to Win to Nil @ 2.10 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Bet365

Brazil vs Venezuela

Host nation Brazil are back in action later tonight when they play Venezuela in a 1:30am BST kick-off at the Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador. A victory for the Brazilians would guarantee their spot in the Quarter-Finals and their home fans will not accept anything less.

Brazil were booed at half-time in their opening game with Bolivia due to their lacklustre first half that saw them fail to break down the Bolivian defence. Still, Tite's men managed to up their performance levels and come away with a convincing 3-0 win. It means Brazil still haven't lost since their 2-1 defeat to Belgium at the 2018 World Cup. Selecao will be in good shape to win their first Copa America since 2007 if they win here.

Venezuela will be pleased with the 0-0 draw in their opening game with Peru. The one area of criticism will be their inability to breach what has become a notoriously leaking Peruvian defence. It begs the question, can they score past a far more solid and organised Brazilian back-line?

I still feel Brazil are the team to beat in this tournament. They probably played at about 50% their potential against Bolivia and still cruised to a win. I'm expecting a more cohesive display here. Venezuela might pose more problems in attack than Bolivia but this Venezuelan defence can be broken and if that's done early then Brazil could go on to score 2-3 goals at least. I think a 2-0 win for Brazil is the most logical bet.

Brazil to Win to Nil @ 1.62 with BetVictor

Brazil HT/FT @ 1.60 with Ladbrokes

Peru vs Brazil

We enter the final round of group games in Group A with the unthinkable potentially happening. Peru play Brazil in an 8pm BST kick-off on Saturday night at the Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo with the losers possibly missing out on a Quarter-Finals spot... and that does include the host nation.

Peru were disappointed with their 0-0 draw against Venezuela but hit back in their second group game with that superb 3-1 demolition of Bolivia. Head coach Ricardo Gareca will hope his side have done enough to reach the last 8 but they'll want to do what they can to eradicate the need to wait on other results. It is a tall order asking them to beat the home nation in their own back yard though.

Brazil were booed by their own fans after the 3-0 win against Bolivia. Clearly, that had a detrimental impact on Brazil's players as they struggled to a 0-0 draw against Venezuela. Tite will demand more from his players with nothing other than a victory being acceptable. Have the Brazilians already shown they don't have the necessary qualities to be challengers for the trophy here though? Even on home soil?

I'm gutted that Brazil played so poorly against Venezuela. I backed them to navigate their way through this group with relative ease but they've already shown big problems. I still think they'll end on a high and take all three points here. Brazil have won 11 of the past 15 meetings with Peru so the head-to-head is in their favour. Peru are a big challenge though and we could see an exciting finale in this game.

Brazil HT/FT @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.90 with Marathonbet

Bolivia vs Venezuela

The final game in Group A sees the two group underdogs face-off for a place in the Quarter Finals. Bolivia play Venezuela in an 8pm kick-off on Saturday night at the Estadio Mineirao in Belo Horizonte. A win for Bolivia would give them a small chance of reaching the last 8 where as a win for Venezuela would all but guarantee it.

Bolivia have suffered two heavy defeats in the tournament so far with the 3-0 loss to Brazil being followed up by a 3-1 loss to Peru. It seems unlikely that they will get something here but Eduardo Villegas and his men will still feel they can give it a shot. The defensive frailties are a huge issue though. The plus side is that they're up against a Venezuela side that are yet to score in their two games so far.

Venezuela know a victory would seal their place in the last 8. Two draws so far mean a win would take them to 5 points. Even if Brazil and Peru draw to also go onto 5 points that should be enough to qualify as a third placed team in this group. A lack of goals is worrying but the defensive solidarity is a decent foundation for Rafael Dudamel's side to build on.

The odds on a third 0-0 in a row for Venezuela are 11.00 with Ladbrokes. As tempting as that is to go for I really don't think this Bolivia side is good enough to get anything from this game. I think Venezuela will finally open their goal tally and we could see a standard 1-0 or 2-0 win for La Vinotinto.

Venezuela to Win to Nil @ 2.50 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.92 with Marathonbet

The best appearance at the group stage was held for the third season by Brazilian national team, dominating Peru with 5-0. In general, he did not have a hard time going through the quarter-finals, with a 2-1-0 score, but now the knockout phase begins, facing Paraguay, who has only two draws in its turn. Obviously the difference between the two teams is great, as "selenao" prevails over all lines. However, he will come across a well-organized defense and at the point where we have difficulty reaching the score
BRAZIL vs PARAGUAY +3.50 Under, odds 1.50