Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
BillyHills

Racing Chat - Friday June 7th

Not the best set of tracks for me on Friday
Brighton is about the best of those in the UK

200: Taxiwala 11/4
230: Leopardina 15/8
305: Lightning Charlie 5/1
335: Barrsbrook EW 8/1
405: Fenjal EW 25/1
440: Waqt 13/8
510: Helfire EW 14/1

EW Doubles:ok

Readers of my Hunter Chase tips may remember that I put Postbridge up as a bet in a Hunter Chase at Fakenham on Easter Monday which came 2 days after she bolted up in a match at Higham. She had solid place form prior to that as she was a place behind For 'N' Against at Fakenham and was beaten a neck by Chapelier at High Easter and both of those have run respectably in Hunter Chases since. I just wonder if connections decided to sit and wait for a handicap as she looks an improved horse this season from the one that was seen under rules previously.  She was given a rating of 117 when starting out handicapping in 2017 over hurdles and then she lost her way in the 17/18 season when first moving to Sarah Humphrey. Due to that she comes back racing under rules off a mark of just 83 and then the jockey takes another 7lbs off her back. If she had of run well in that Fakenham Hunter Chase she would have blown her handicap mark so to me it makes sense to send her handicapping. She was entered in a lower class race at Market Rasen, but this doesn't look overly competitive for the grade. Triggywinkle is miles out of the handicap and has no chance. Expresstime and Grania O'Malley don't look in great form at the moment so I am happy to pass over them both. The two at the top of the handicap are the main dangers. The market will tell us if Shakadame has any chance given the yard she is from and if she is well backed then I would be worried as on form you couldn't fancy her at all. Irish challenger Pat's Pearl won a Beginners Chase at Downpatrick on her chasing debut. It looked an improved performance from he hurdles ones although she now has a rating of 112 compared to 95 when she was last in a handicap hurdle two starts back. On form though she does look the main danger unless the Murphy horse is punted. Postbridge does get 2st7lbs though from her and hopefully that is enough to tip things in her favour as I certainly think she is well handicapped. I think 4/1 is a fair price as like I say unless they Murphy horse is punted I only say the fav as a danger.

Value Picks:

2 winners from 2 selections on Sunday,four for today..Selections should be backed with BOG offering bookmakers..

Uttoxeter:

2.45 BALLON ONABUDGET - 11/10 General

Market Rasen:

2.55 ZIG ZAG - 9/2 General

4.30 CRAIGMOR15/8 Sky,Lads,Bet Vic

5.00 CARRY ON - 9/4 Geneal

Edited by Systemight