** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2019

I didn't get to see Federer-Nishikori yesterday, but I think that we might see some sort of a repeat of the French Open clash, the courts really are slow and Federer isn't going to win unless he wins the first set imo. He's going to get more free points on serve than Querrey thanks to his better placement, but Nadal is still capable of breaking him twice per set I'd say. 3-1 Nadal is my call, although I wouldn't mind seeing Fed winning for sentimental reasons.

I'd think again - she may well win but it's worth bearing in mind that Halep is similar to Kerber - who beat Serena in last year's final as an underdog (and in straight sets) - in that she's a great defender. As I mentioned when I punted on Goerges to beat Serena earlier in the tournament, she can be beaten if she's moved around the court and Halep certainly has the game to do that. I expect her to also utilise the drop shot as another way to keep Serena from getting into the kind of rhythm that she likes. If Halep can keep the ball in-play, move Serena from one side of the court to the other and also successfully employ the drop shot I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a straight sets win for the Romanian.

7 hours ago, owenclass said:

I managed to get Serena Halep final at 10/1 before Ash Barty got knocked out 

Hi Czech punter. I want your thoughts on how many sets in the Nadal Federer match as i have got a feeling it will go to five sets

5 out of their last 22 matches have gone the distance (5 sets).

Edited by South_African_Punter

Rafael Nadal to beat Roger Federer @ 1.68

From reports that I have read, the courts are playing slower than usual, which has and will benefit Nadal. Besides Kyrgios, Nadal has more-or-less demolished his opponents, including the big server Sam Querrey, who is not bad on grass. On the other hand, Federer has had a few lapses, losing a set each to Harris and Nishikori. A better player than Nishikori (i.e. Nadal) could have won that QF I reckon. Based on the form in this tournament, I reckon Nadal is in a better shape than Federer.

On paper (grass or any surface), Halep should be beating Williams, she has the game to do it. The problem is, its the Wimbledon final, somewhere she hasn't been before, and she has a history of choking. And thats why Williams is still favourite. But honestly, it looks a coin flip to me. Hopefully we get a decent final. So many of the ladies finals seem to be straight sets disappointments.

22 hours ago, Torque said:

I'd think again - she may well win but it's worth bearing in mind that Halep is similar to Kerber - who beat Serena in last year's final as an underdog (and in straight sets) - in that she's a great defender. As I mentioned when I punted on Goerges to beat Serena earlier in the tournament, she can be beaten if she's moved around the court and Halep certainly has the game to do that. I expect her to also utilise the drop shot as another way to keep Serena from getting into the kind of rhythm that she likes. If Halep can keep the ball in-play, move Serena from one side of the court to the other and also successfully employ the drop shot I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a straight sets win for the Romanian.

I'm not brave enough to back the straight sets win, but I am going to back Halep at 2.74 on the exchanges. That's too big in my book.

20 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, Williams has a history of choking as well, she choked against both Osaka and Kerber with a lot on the line last year. And she's still really salty about the Osaka loss from what I've read.

I have the signal on Halep's win but will not bet, but definitely chances are strong.

17 hours ago, Torque said:

I'm not brave enough to back the straight sets win, but I am going to back Halep at 2.74 on the exchanges. That's too big in my book.

Should have been braver and backed the straight sets but I never imagined Serena could be so dismal. As well as Halep played, Serena was terrible - even worse than last year. UE after UE after UE. If that was me I'd be a bit embarrassed, and I'd also be a bit embarrassed if I was one of Serena's previous opponents in this tournament. She is so obviously lacking in fitness and limited in movement that it makes a bit of mockery of the sport that she can just show up for the big tournaments and make the final like she's done in 3 out of the last 5 Slams.

Hey guys,

What do you think about the women doubles final?

Hsieh/Strycova - Dabrowski/Xu

Yes, Hsieh/Strycova have won Dabrowski/Xu 2 times but they never played against each-other on grass. I am not sure why the odds are so unbalanced (1.33 vs 3.40 on unibet).  Dabrowski/Xu have many more games played on grass than Hsieh/Strycova and both pairs are going pretty well.

I think there might be value on Dabrowski/Xu to win Hsieh/Strycova at 3.40.

What are your thoughts guys?

Edited by vvararu

I can see why Hsieh and Strycova are strong favourites. There's a lot of variety and grass court experience in that partnership. If I was going to side with the other pair in some way I would back them on a handicap - that way if they keep it close but ultimately lose you should get a payout.