Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***

8 hours ago, kempazzo said:

Well, mixed results yesterday for me, with Querrey, Riske, Berankis and combo delivering, while my 1st choice picks turned out to be bad (Jabeur and Mannarino), as well as Pavluchenkova and Maria lost without taking a set at least. About Tomic's performance - it was my last time with him, as if he can't be motivated at WImledon, then nowhere, I hope he won't get money for that performance, but I'm afraid they couldn't prove him "tanking" (https://www.sportingnews.com/au/tennis/news/wimbledon-2019-bernard-tomic-reportedly-wont-be-paid-after-first-round-tank/nbzds5y3rp31119kehwsy22qi)...

Hopefuly today can be better...I think I won't write much, as it's qute pointless from yesterday's look :)

From the first look I like Popyrin vs Medvedev @4.25 uni (I don't like Medvedev on grass, while Popyrin, like almost every Aussie, has that sth to play on it) and again vs Hurkacz (this time Mayer @2.85 - big serve and not bad results on grass in recent years; mainly opposing Hurkacz, who doesn't convince me). 

he's not called Tomic the tank engine for nothing 😉

Well, after 7 years after registering, I thought I'd post a big of my thoughts... The beginning was brilliant, as someone told me... that was nice...

But, as in real life, not only nice things happen... Wimbledon picks weren't great so far.. at least the ones I believed the most.. but I think with good money managment and self-thinking You could've taken something of that picks in advance...not to get into red, at least...

Just like yesterday and today, my most confident picks weren't succesfull... If not about the secondary ones, this would be a disaster... but it was just two days and still - it made user called 'eros' , a known one here, made me a send a private message about "how suicidal is to follow me" etc.... well, I hope You don't throw your words into wind, eros ;)

Just like all of You, I've had better betting days, as well as the worse... nothing new, nothing special.. but I really thought this wouldn't happen in this forum, as I've read it for many years before posting.. I know it's nothing to do with most forums members and owners, which probably know how it is for themselves.. nevertheless, it touched me, so I thought I better write it down here, and maybe make 'eros' think it over again, as it's not about me, but about anyone writing here... anyone can be attacked mentally by him... and he'd still be considered a cool guy.. well, he's not for me.. 

I probably will still write here, as he's not anyone I respect much, now.. but I just wanted You to know - EROS is the tipster bashier!.. I think it should be known!

Respect for all the rest! F**** you, eros!

Alright, that was enough. @eros is banned, should've been a long time ago anyway and I've given him more than enough final chances.

Personally, I'll be semi-away for the rest of the Wimbledon, thankfully my holiday falls right into this term and I'm not doing well anyway. I'll still be checking and posting, so good luck everyone!

46 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Alright, that was enough. @eros is banned, should've been a long time ago anyway and I've given him more than enough final chances.

Personally, I'll be semi-away for the rest of the Wimbledon, thankfully my holiday falls right into this term and I'm not doing well anyway. I'll still be checking and posting, so good luck everyone!

Have a good holiday mate. :D

Cheers, I need it after all the awful weeks - now back to Wimbledon posts :ok. Rybarikova unable to dent Gauff at all, that's honestly really surprising, I was looking forward to many momentum swings with Rybarikova coming out on top. Will be backing Gauff against Hercog if the odds are reasonable. Also not a great showing from Rybarikova, with nearly every single drop shot going to the net. Would need luck to come back.

Fair play to Gauff. At the age of 15 she seems to have realised something that a lot of other players haven't - if you keep hitting the ball over the net and into the court you've got every chance of winning points, games, sets and matches.

Rybarikova, like Venus, has dumped plenty of shots into the net, or long or wide. Gauff has kept unforced errors to an absolute minimum which is a great platform for any player to have and arguably a platform that every player should have.

Edited by Torque

Keys is a betters nightmare.. constantly loses matches she  is predicted to win easily. I never feel theres any value in betting her as she is the typical 'ball basher' type player. If shes on, shes unplayable but more often than not shes hitting a ridiculous amount of errors.

She had an amazing year back in 2016 but shes in nowhere near that type of form, not sure if she has the ability to reach that again.

Ricardas Berankis to beat Jo-Wilfred Tsonga @9 (bet365)

I was quite impressed with Berankis win in the 1st round as it was the first match on grass this year for him. Before Wimbledon lithuanian cancelled two tournaments on grass and was training at Tipsarevic Academy (with Djokovic). It looked like it had an impact for confidence. Furthermore grass fits for Ricardas game and I really could see this match tighter than bookies and possibility to advance even to the next round.

Today's potential upset alerts

Kyrgios (vs Nadal): match of the day, without a doubt. Here all will depend on how this incredibly talented controversial a**hole will approach the match. If he can keep his calm and focus, if he does not get carried away, with his huge serve and style of play should be better on this surface. Against top class opponents Nick always raises his level, and - especially against Nadal - has his own reasons to perform well. I could highlight the H2H stats and the fact he already beat Nadal here a few years ago, but with Nick you never know...

Basilashvili (vs Evans): the current form is definitely on the Brit's side, but come on, there is no way Basilashvili is such an underdog, Evans is not that good. Yepp, the Georgian survived a 5 set thriller against Ward (where I backed Ward to win sets...), but that could well give him the necessary belief and mental power to continue his adventure here.

Davis (vs Kerber): here I would take a +5.5 game handicap, for some inexplicable reason I think it won't be an easy match for Kerber.

Parmentier (vs Suarez Navarro): Pauline to win at least a set at evens is not a bad option I think, she could well win the match as well. I am not so convinced with Carla despite her straight sets win in the first round against Stosur.

And you can call me crazy, but Rublev might also have his chance against Querrey, at least for a set...

2 hours ago, bobix said:

Kyrgios (vs Nadal): match of the day, without a doubt. Here all will depend on how this incredibly talented controversial a**hole will approach the match. If he can keep his calm and focus, if he does not get carried away, with his huge serve and style of play should be better on this surface. Against top class opponents Nick always raises his level, and - especially against Nadal - has his own reasons to perform well. I could highlight the H2H stats and the fact he already beat Nadal here a few years ago, but with Nick you never know...

Basilashvili (vs Evans): the current form is definitely on the Brit's side, but come on, there is no way Basilashvili is such an underdog, Evans is not that good. Yepp, the Georgian survived a 5 set thriller against Ward (where I backed Ward to win sets...), but that could well give him the necessary belief and mental power to continue his adventure here.

Davis (vs Kerber): here I would take a +5.5 game handicap, for some inexplicable reason I think it won't be an easy match for Kerber.

Parmentier (vs Suarez Navarro): Pauline to win at least a set at evens is not a bad option I think, she could well win the match as well. I am not so convinced with Carla despite her straight sets win in the first round against Stosur.

And you can call me crazy, but Rublev might also have his chance against Querrey, at least for a set...

Just saw this story re Kyrgios - suggests he is not that serious: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7211273/Nick-Kyrgios-spends-night-PUB-prepares-Rafael-Nadal-Wimbledon-showdown.html

17 minutes ago, South_African_Punter said:

Quite the opposite.If Kyrgios thinks he's the underdog you should expect a performance from him.Hence why he fails to show up against poor opposition."I beat you n I spent all night at the pub" is winner mentality from th guy.Also the way he downplayed himself in the first round presser https://www.youtube.com › watch
Nick Kyrgios Wimbledon 2019 First Round Press Conference - YouTube

I'd say expect a long match of epic proportions.

Kyrgios will give it 1000% today and throw everything at Nadal (hopefully not the chair tho).

He might even keep trying if he goes behind, something thats not in his nature, but such is his dislike of Rafa he might just dig deep and find his peak form. 

As for the match, I don't see any value in the win odds, but I expect both players to get a set and lets hope for a classic. From a personal point of view, I'd like Rafa to win because I backed him at inflated prices in the outright, and a win here would see his odds tumble.

Late call, as the gentlemen are starting...

I pick Beranki to win at least a set and keeping it close vs Tsonga. He's used to low bounce from many indoor tournaments and that's where he's good at. Tsonga isn't a great returner IMO, so tiebreaks and close sets are possible

Also, I saw Davis in 1st round and I liked her.. I think she should make Kerber fight for it, so +5,5 @2,30 seems nice

About Goerges - I know she's good on grass - but I still rate her as a player with mental problems, not the cleverest one on court... I think young gun with good serve (I read that, as I haven't seen Flink by myself) can match that +5,5 easily, as well.

Good Luck, may this Wimbledon be somewhat nicer that until now...

10 hours ago, bobix said:

Ok, I have to admit that Retardishvili was a bad pick, him being simply awful. Kyrgios was not up to the task with too many sloppy errors at crucial points and shame on Parmentier for not being able to close the first set from 5-2, could have ended differently. The only one who delivered was Davis, still more than nothing 😂

For tomorrow I really like Azarenka and Fabbiano with Halep might be slightly injured, and Verdasco as well. The Spaniard is lucky to be here in the 3rd round, but he also had problems with his back and was forced to withdraw from the doubles later. I would definitely play Fabbiano with a bookie who settles tennis bets after 1st ball or 1st set played just in case Verdasco retires.

Regarding the rest, I think both Bautista and Goffin have a slight edge, and Opelka might surpise as well because Raonic is far from being 100%.

From the women menu Zhang and Golubic might worth a shot, and Collins can take at least a set against the apparently shaky Martic.

I am really impressed by Gauff, such a focus and superb shot. Added to her powerful serve. It's worth to try overall bet for a title at 18 (at the exchanges).

Wozniacki looked awful in the first round before Tormo's injury, while Zhang seems to drink some rocket fuel and is hitting the ball like a machine gun. Would try for Zhang at 3.22 Pinnacle.

Really i dont understand this bet on Gauff with current odds. Ok she play great 2 matches but 1.6 on 15yo girl... Against ATP 60 while Gauff is 313. For me this 2.4 on Hercog is huge value. 

Edited by Teodore