Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***

I'll be on Rybarikova as well. For all the focus on Gauff and what an achievement it was for her, Venus really was poor and admitted as much afterwards by saying that Gauff had done a much better job of keeping the ball in-play. On reflection it really was an unbelievable performance from Venus, who completely failed to bring her experience to bear against her much younger opponent. Making the youngster play another shot should have been the number one priority - as it was in all honesty Venus gave the game away.

Wow, Tomic has totally given the match up against Tsonga, it already happened in the 1st set to be honest. I know Tomic has done this before but it's still crazy to watch this, it's Wimbledon after all :D

Edited by Judeksi

19 hours ago, Gully_22 said:

Zidansek to beat Bouchard 2-0 at 2.25 with Bet365

I know Bouchard is capable of a big performance but i dont see it here. Her fitness is always questionable and on top of that she is on a 5 match losing streak with her last two performances being dreadful. Straight set win is always a risk but i think the odds are worth a try.

Zidensek 6-3 3-0 up .. proceeds to lose the second set.... then win the match. I dont know why i continue to bet on the WTA 😥

Proberly not the right place but what are people’s thoughts on Hawkeye? If it’s not available on all courts then surely it’s an unfair advantage to the bigger named players who play on the main courts.

I believe if you can’t provide the service to all players then it shouldn’t be used, maybe until the 2nd week as there were lots of complaints today about line calls but nothing could be done.

Sorry if in the wrong place

Edited by thegreatdom
Spelling

16 hours ago, Blackroses said:

Not playing on grass didnt seem to hurt Collins. Siegemund can play great defense and has a nice BH slice, likes to attack and has power. GL but I'm going the other way on this one. 

I also think with the courts playing slower Parmentier is going to play Smashova close and even win. I'm going for the upset! +385

Also think Bouchard is being written off against an overrated Zidansek. 

These early rounds it's smarter to parlay favorites but these are just a couple of the upsets that I like. I'm parlaying several pairs, will try and post when I finish organizing them.

Bouchard

Parmentier

Two extremely unpopular plays.

Sieg win

Parm win

Had a good feeling on those two.

5 hours ago, vvararu said:

Incredible game of Basilashvili. To lose 2:0 on sets and 2:0 on games in last set... and then to win. Looks like the guy put a bet on himself during the game :)

Nah. Its just Ward being Ward 😀

11 minutes ago, vvararu said:

Guys,

What a the low-odd-big-stake bankers for today?

For me, the most "clear" one is Wawrinka to win Opelka at ±1.20 unibet

That's not clear for me at all. Wawrinka + grass + big server = trouble. Think Anderson at Queen's the other year, think Medvedev at Wimbledon the other year. Stan is no fan of grass and even less of a fan of big servers on the surface who can fire aces and unreturnables at him all day long. He gets frustrated and loses interest - I've seen it before many times and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again with Opelka serving out of a tree.

That said, Opelka wasn't particularly impressive against Stebe from what I managed to gather. Not too many banker-looking bets today honestly, perhaps Halep against Buzarnescu, that one looks the safest to me honestly if you ignore Djokovic.

What do you guys say to kyrgios and nadal winning a set, but nadal being the winner of the game in the end? The odd is 2,5 for now and combined with halep, tsonga and bautista-agut it should give a value in total 

Well, mixed results yesterday for me, with Querrey, Riske, Berankis and combo delivering, while my 1st choice picks turned out to be bad (Jabeur and Mannarino), as well as Pavluchenkova and Maria lost without taking a set at least. About Tomic's performance - it was my last time with him, as if he can't be motivated at WImledon, then nowhere, I hope he won't get money for that performance, but I'm afraid they couldn't prove him "tanking" (https://www.sportingnews.com/au/tennis/news/wimbledon-2019-bernard-tomic-reportedly-wont-be-paid-after-first-round-tank/nbzds5y3rp31119kehwsy22qi)...

Hopefuly today can be better...I think I won't write much, as it's qute pointless from yesterday's look :)

From the first look I like Popyrin vs Medvedev @4.25 uni (I don't like Medvedev on grass, while Popyrin, like almost every Aussie, has that sth to play on it) and again vs Hurkacz (this time Mayer @2.85 - big serve and not bad results on grass in recent years; mainly opposing Hurkacz, who doesn't convince me). 

Kudermetova @2.60 vs Wozniacki - she had good run in Hertogenbosch (lost in SF to eventual winner Riske), in Eastbourne she lost as a qualyfier to Bencic. In that place, Wozniacki reached 3rd rnd where she lost to Sabalenka in 3 sets. Wozniacki's preparations for grass season were "hampered" by her wedding and that tells sth about the Dane's attitude toward tennis these days - she's past her prime time, now there are other important things in life... She had luck with opponent's injury to come back from 0:4 to 5:4, when Sorribes Tormo retired. Now, Kudermetova, who's 100% into tennis as a yound gun, will give her hard times on court.

1 hour ago, kempazzo said:

Kudermetova @2.60 vs Wozniacki - she had good run in Hertogenbosch (lost in SF to eventual winner Riske), in Eastbourne she lost as a qualyfier to Bencic. In that place, Wozniacki reached 3rd rnd where she lost to Sabalenka in 3 sets. Wozniacki's preparations for grass season were "hampered" by her wedding and that tells sth about the Dane's attitude toward tennis these days - she's past her prime time, now there are other important things in life... She had luck with opponent's injury to come back from 0:4 to 5:4, when Sorribes Tormo retired. Now, Kudermetova, who's 100% into tennis as a yound gun, will give her hard times on court.

My system picked out Kudermetova today as well. She's a nice price. 

The more and more I think about Leo Mayer, the more I like his chances... last year he even beat Kevin Anderson in London, and that tells a lot about his abilities on grass... Big server, somewhat similar in play to Lajovic, who was defeated by Hurkacz in 1st round, but with a lot better results on this surface, better serve, more powerful player... and about match Hurkacz-Lajovic.. after 2nd set, won by Lajovic, I thought the match is going my way.. the way they played, the way Lajovic came to break points and his calm, even when not converting, everything pointed in my eyes that the match is on Lajovic's racquet.. that time it didn't happen, but I strongly believe in Leo Mayer taking his chances, today. Leo Mayer @2,85 uni is my call with confidence.

I decided to tak early treble: Tomljanovic +4,5 vs Azarenka ( I think Azarenka isn't still where she would like to be and Tomljanovic can play on grass); Flipkens +3,5 vs Hsieh (I see a close match, Hsieh is good, but is better vs one-dimensional players, and I dont rate Flipkens this way); Svitolina (simply I think 1.55 is worth for her in a Wimbledon, when opponent is at least a class weaker)

treble @5.42 uni 

let's see...

after what I see...  I'll just point out my not-yet-posted-feelings:

I dont think Putintseva should be such a fav

I think Buzarnescu can match +5,5 vs Halep

I think Goffin, Rybarikova, Granollers and Seppi should come through as favorits if they bring their A-games.

Verdasco-Edmund and Kachanov-F.Lopez should be at least 4-setters

Taylor Fritz to beat Jan-Lennard Struff at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Fritz didn't run into any issues against Berdych and he's still red-hot, so I think that he'll have every chance against Struff as well. Struff has never been a GS player, his mentality just isn't there for these best-of-five matches - and his R1 performance against Albot wasn't particularly excellent either.