** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2019

1 hour ago, kempazzo said:

Kudermetova @2.60 vs Wozniacki - she had good run in Hertogenbosch (lost in SF to eventual winner Riske), in Eastbourne she lost as a qualyfier to Bencic. In that place, Wozniacki reached 3rd rnd where she lost to Sabalenka in 3 sets. Wozniacki's preparations for grass season were "hampered" by her wedding and that tells sth about the Dane's attitude toward tennis these days - she's past her prime time, now there are other important things in life... She had luck with opponent's injury to come back from 0:4 to 5:4, when Sorribes Tormo retired. Now, Kudermetova, who's 100% into tennis as a yound gun, will give her hard times on court.

My system picked out Kudermetova today as well. She's a nice price. 

The more and more I think about Leo Mayer, the more I like his chances... last year he even beat Kevin Anderson in London, and that tells a lot about his abilities on grass... Big server, somewhat similar in play to Lajovic, who was defeated by Hurkacz in 1st round, but with a lot better results on this surface, better serve, more powerful player... and about match Hurkacz-Lajovic.. after 2nd set, won by Lajovic, I thought the match is going my way.. the way they played, the way Lajovic came to break points and his calm, even when not converting, everything pointed in my eyes that the match is on Lajovic's racquet.. that time it didn't happen, but I strongly believe in Leo Mayer taking his chances, today. Leo Mayer @2,85 uni is my call with confidence.

I decided to tak early treble: Tomljanovic +4,5 vs Azarenka ( I think Azarenka isn't still where she would like to be and Tomljanovic can play on grass); Flipkens +3,5 vs Hsieh (I see a close match, Hsieh is good, but is better vs one-dimensional players, and I dont rate Flipkens this way); Svitolina (simply I think 1.55 is worth for her in a Wimbledon, when opponent is at least a class weaker)

treble @5.42 uni 

let's see...

after what I see...  I'll just point out my not-yet-posted-feelings:

I dont think Putintseva should be such a fav

I think Buzarnescu can match +5,5 vs Halep

I think Goffin, Rybarikova, Granollers and Seppi should come through as favorits if they bring their A-games.

Verdasco-Edmund and Kachanov-F.Lopez should be at least 4-setters

Taylor Fritz to beat Jan-Lennard Struff at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Fritz didn't run into any issues against Berdych and he's still red-hot, so I think that he'll have every chance against Struff as well. Struff has never been a GS player, his mentality just isn't there for these best-of-five matches - and his R1 performance against Albot wasn't particularly excellent either.

8 hours ago, kempazzo said:

Well, mixed results yesterday for me, with Querrey, Riske, Berankis and combo delivering, while my 1st choice picks turned out to be bad (Jabeur and Mannarino), as well as Pavluchenkova and Maria lost without taking a set at least. About Tomic's performance - it was my last time with him, as if he can't be motivated at WImledon, then nowhere, I hope he won't get money for that performance, but I'm afraid they couldn't prove him "tanking" (https://www.sportingnews.com/au/tennis/news/wimbledon-2019-bernard-tomic-reportedly-wont-be-paid-after-first-round-tank/nbzds5y3rp31119kehwsy22qi)...

Hopefuly today can be better...I think I won't write much, as it's qute pointless from yesterday's look :)

From the first look I like Popyrin vs Medvedev @4.25 uni (I don't like Medvedev on grass, while Popyrin, like almost every Aussie, has that sth to play on it) and again vs Hurkacz (this time Mayer @2.85 - big serve and not bad results on grass in recent years; mainly opposing Hurkacz, who doesn't convince me). 

he's not called Tomic the tank engine for nothing ?

2 picks for Wimbledon 2nd round matches:

LOPEZ-KHACHANOV OVER 41.5 GAMES @ 1.8 pinnacle
Expect it to be a long close match, 4-5 sets with a couple of tiebreaks.

KEYS-HERCOG 2:0 SETS @ 1.73  unibet or 1.71 pinnacle
Keys' style of play is great for grass. Hercog is a clay court player with a few OK results on fast surfaces.

Well, after 7 years after registering, I thought I'd post a big of my thoughts... The beginning was brilliant, as someone told me... that was nice...

But, as in real life, not only nice things happen... Wimbledon picks weren't great so far.. at least the ones I believed the most.. but I think with good money managment and self-thinking You could've taken something of that picks in advance...not to get into red, at least...

Just like yesterday and today, my most confident picks weren't succesfull... If not about the secondary ones, this would be a disaster... but it was just two days and still - it made user called 'eros' , a known one here, made me a send a private message about "how suicidal is to follow me" etc.... well, I hope You don't throw your words into wind, eros ;)

Just like all of You, I've had better betting days, as well as the worse... nothing new, nothing special.. but I really thought this wouldn't happen in this forum, as I've read it for many years before posting.. I know it's nothing to do with most forums members and owners, which probably know how it is for themselves.. nevertheless, it touched me, so I thought I better write it down here, and maybe make 'eros' think it over again, as it's not about me, but about anyone writing here... anyone can be attacked mentally by him... and he'd still be considered a cool guy.. well, he's not for me.. 

I probably will still write here, as he's not anyone I respect much, now.. but I just wanted You to know - EROS is the tipster bashier!.. I think it should be known!

Respect for all the rest! F**** you, eros!

Alright, that was enough. @eros is banned, should've been a long time ago anyway and I've given him more than enough final chances.

Personally, I'll be semi-away for the rest of the Wimbledon, thankfully my holiday falls right into this term and I'm not doing well anyway. I'll still be checking and posting, so good luck everyone!

46 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Alright, that was enough. @eros is banned, should've been a long time ago anyway and I've given him more than enough final chances.

Personally, I'll be semi-away for the rest of the Wimbledon, thankfully my holiday falls right into this term and I'm not doing well anyway. I'll still be checking and posting, so good luck everyone!

Have a good holiday mate. :D

Cheers, I need it after all the awful weeks - now back to Wimbledon posts :ok. Rybarikova unable to dent Gauff at all, that's honestly really surprising, I was looking forward to many momentum swings with Rybarikova coming out on top. Will be backing Gauff against Hercog if the odds are reasonable. Also not a great showing from Rybarikova, with nearly every single drop shot going to the net. Would need luck to come back.

Fair play to Gauff. At the age of 15 she seems to have realised something that a lot of other players haven't - if you keep hitting the ball over the net and into the court you've got every chance of winning points, games, sets and matches.

Rybarikova, like Venus, has dumped plenty of shots into the net, or long or wide. Gauff has kept unforced errors to an absolute minimum which is a great platform for any player to have and arguably a platform that every player should have.

Edited by Torque

Keys is a betters nightmare.. constantly loses matches she  is predicted to win easily. I never feel theres any value in betting her as she is the typical 'ball basher' type player. If shes on, shes unplayable but more often than not shes hitting a ridiculous amount of errors.

She had an amazing year back in 2016 but shes in nowhere near that type of form, not sure if she has the ability to reach that again.

Ricardas Berankis to beat Jo-Wilfred Tsonga @9 (bet365)

I was quite impressed with Berankis win in the 1st round as it was the first match on grass this year for him. Before Wimbledon lithuanian cancelled two tournaments on grass and was training at Tipsarevic Academy (with Djokovic). It looked like it had an impact for confidence. Furthermore grass fits for Ricardas game and I really could see this match tighter than bookies and possibility to advance even to the next round.

Today's potential upset alerts

Kyrgios (vs Nadal): match of the day, without a doubt. Here all will depend on how this incredibly talented controversial a**hole will approach the match. If he can keep his calm and focus, if he does not get carried away, with his huge serve and style of play should be better on this surface. Against top class opponents Nick always raises his level, and - especially against Nadal - has his own reasons to perform well. I could highlight the H2H stats and the fact he already beat Nadal here a few years ago, but with Nick you never know...

Basilashvili (vs Evans): the current form is definitely on the Brit's side, but come on, there is no way Basilashvili is such an underdog, Evans is not that good. Yepp, the Georgian survived a 5 set thriller against Ward (where I backed Ward to win sets...), but that could well give him the necessary belief and mental power to continue his adventure here.

Davis (vs Kerber): here I would take a +5.5 game handicap, for some inexplicable reason I think it won't be an easy match for Kerber.

Parmentier (vs Suarez Navarro): Pauline to win at least a set at evens is not a bad option I think, she could well win the match as well. I am not so convinced with Carla despite her straight sets win in the first round against Stosur.

And you can call me crazy, but Rublev might also have his chance against Querrey, at least for a set...

2 hours ago, bobix said:

Today's potential upset alerts

Kyrgios (vs Nadal): match of the day, without a doubt. Here all will depend on how this incredibly talented controversial a**hole will approach the match. If he can keep his calm and focus, if he does not get carried away, with his huge serve and style of play should be better on this surface. Against top class opponents Nick always raises his level, and - especially against Nadal - has his own reasons to perform well. I could highlight the H2H stats and the fact he already beat Nadal here a few years ago, but with Nick you never know...

Basilashvili (vs Evans): the current form is definitely on the Brit's side, but come on, there is no way Basilashvili is such an underdog, Evans is not that good. Yepp, the Georgian survived a 5 set thriller against Ward (where I backed Ward to win sets...), but that could well give him the necessary belief and mental power to continue his adventure here.

Davis (vs Kerber): here I would take a +5.5 game handicap, for some inexplicable reason I think it won't be an easy match for Kerber.

Parmentier (vs Suarez Navarro): Pauline to win at least a set at evens is not a bad option I think, she could well win the match as well. I am not so convinced with Carla despite her straight sets win in the first round against Stosur.

And you can call me crazy, but Rublev might also have his chance against Querrey, at least for a set...

Just saw this story re Kyrgios - suggests he is not that serious: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7211273/Nick-Kyrgios-spends-night-PUB-prepares-Rafael-Nadal-Wimbledon-showdown.html

17 minutes ago, South_African_Punter said:

Quite the opposite.If Kyrgios thinks he's the underdog you should expect a performance from him.Hence why he fails to show up against poor opposition."I beat you n I spent all night at the pub" is winner mentality from th guy.Also the way he downplayed himself in the first round presser https://www.youtube.com › watch
Nick Kyrgios Wimbledon 2019 First Round Press Conference - YouTube

I'd say expect a long match of epic proportions.

Kyrgios will give it 1000% today and throw everything at Nadal (hopefully not the chair tho).

He might even keep trying if he goes behind, something thats not in his nature, but such is his dislike of Rafa he might just dig deep and find his peak form. 

As for the match, I don't see any value in the win odds, but I expect both players to get a set and lets hope for a classic. From a personal point of view, I'd like Rafa to win because I backed him at inflated prices in the outright, and a win here would see his odds tumble.

Late call, as the gentlemen are starting...

I pick Beranki to win at least a set and keeping it close vs Tsonga. He's used to low bounce from many indoor tournaments and that's where he's good at. Tsonga isn't a great returner IMO, so tiebreaks and close sets are possible

Also, I saw Davis in 1st round and I liked her.. I think she should make Kerber fight for it, so +5,5 @2,30 seems nice

About Goerges - I know she's good on grass - but I still rate her as a player with mental problems, not the cleverest one on court... I think young gun with good serve (I read that, as I haven't seen Flink by myself) can match that +5,5 easily, as well.

Good Luck, may this Wimbledon be somewhat nicer that until now...