** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2019 Canadian Grand Prix

Canadian GP (7.10pm Sunday)

A nice late start for this weeks GP from Montreal. An interesting race as this is where Ferrari have done so well in the past yet face a complete domination from Mercedes so far this season. Can Vettel get it right here??
Vettel came home in front 12 months ago, his first victory here since 2013 and only his second career victory at Montreal.

• Pole position has won 48% of the last 40 races here
  • Ferrari have won 27.5% of those 40 GP's (11)
  • 7 Safety Cars in the last 12 years (including last 2)
  • An average of 3.6 retirements per race in the last 10 GP's

Stats

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 09.41.34.png

Ferrari are 8/11 to win the race now (from 7/4) after Vettel landed on pole, just ahead of the Mercedes and Hamilton.

If nothing else it makes the race much more of a spectacle with Vettel just ahead and the bookies cant split them at the minute, both can be backed at 6/5 with Hills.

The top three (including Leclerc) should be able to pull away from the pack and it may just boil down to strategy. I'm happy at this point with my bet on Ferrari, lets see if the pressure gets to Vettel this time.

Its 4/9 for a Safety Car and I think this is actually quite generous, before looking for the price I was expecting 1/4 or something. We have had a few crashes already and a lot more near misses.

Bets

Ferrari 7/4
16/17 Finishers 13/8
Safety car 4/9

Vettel looks good now.He has been very poor lately but now he seems reborn.Canada is the perfect place for him to bounce back and I think he will win this race...if Ferrari do not shoot themselves in foot again ofc. Vettel to win @ 2.20 bet365 (Also Leclerc has a fast car and will harass Hamilton,who will be more than happy with 2nd place).

With two corners right after the start,I can see a safety car. Safety Car @ 1.44 bet365

Also Verstappen is way too quiet this season.He showed his face only in Monaco-trying to retire the Mercedes duo.Now starting 9th due to Magnussen spin,he will be frustrated like Leclerc in Monaco and will push,so I will take a small bet for him to retire at first lap,also Gasly to beat him.

Verstappen to retire on the 1st Lap @ 15.00 bet365

Gasly to beat Verstappen @ 3.00 bet365

Edited by Dr. Florida192