** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday June 4th

3.30 Bangor

If you have been paying really close attention to what I have been writing in my Hunter Chase previews then you will know that I had a theory about Master Sunrise and he is straight back into handicap company at Bangor tomorrow. He showed nothing again at Warwick but Marcle Ridge set a strong pace that day and that wouldn't have helped him. As I mentioned in that preview he went well for a long way at Cheltenham and he clearly still has ability. I think they ran him again at Warwick to get the handicap mark down a bit more as he didn't really have a hope of winning that race and the handicapper duly put him down another 5lbs to a mark of 90. His win last summer was off a mark of 102. I possibly would have liked to have seen him in a 0-100 rather than a 0-110, but they are trying blinkers for the first time and that really interests me. The fact they have gone to different headgear the first time back in a handicap means they mean business. Now clearly he could decide to throw in the towel and he might well finished tailed off again, but based on the Cheltenham run he is capable of winning off this handicap mark. He is also priced up at 28/1 which means it is worth taking a chance at a big price that my theory is correct and that he is on a going day. The yard also run Old Pride who is a single figure price, but he has never really looked like he wants 3m so he doesn't really look like a likely winner to me. So nothing to go overboard about, but at a big price it is worth a go for sure.

Nothing from this neck of the woods today. I only looked at the last four races at Bangor and nothing came even remotely close to making me want a bet. There are some really competitive fields and a watching brief is advisable.  I will be watching Sigurd closely in the 4.00 but no money will be changing hands.

11 hours ago, Darran said:

3.30 Bangor

If you have been paying really close attention to what I have been writing in my Hunter Chase previews then you will know that I had a theory about Master Sunrise and he is straight back into handicap company at Bangor tomorrow. He showed nothing again at Warwick but Marcle Ridge set a strong pace that day and that wouldn't have helped him. As I mentioned in that preview he went well for a long way at Cheltenham and he clearly still has ability. I think they ran him again at Warwick to get the handicap mark down a bit more as he didn't really have a hope of winning that race and the handicapper duly put him down another 5lbs to a mark of 90. His win last summer was off a mark of 102. I possibly would have liked to have seen him in a 0-100 rather than a 0-110, but they are trying blinkers for the first time and that really interests me. The fact they have gone to different headgear the first time back in a handicap means they mean business. Now clearly he could decide to throw in the towel and he might well finished tailed off again, but based on the Cheltenham run he is capable of winning off this handicap mark. He is also priced up at 28/1 which means it is worth taking a chance at a big price that my theory is correct and that he is on a going day. The yard also run Old Pride who is a single figure price, but he has never really looked like he wants 3m so he doesn't really look like a likely winner to me. So nothing to go overboard about, but at a big price it is worth a go for sure.

Into 8/1 this morning from 28's!

Nothing like backing a horse at 28/1 it starting at 9/2 and it unseats at the 2nd! To add insult to injury the same yards damut I’m out win at a double digit price earlier on the card and I didn’t really fancy it