** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2020 Qualifier Predictions > Jun 7th - 11th

euro2020a.jpg

euro2020b.jpg

The 2020 European Championship Qualifiers are back this weekend. It's still early days but we'll know a lot more after these matches as to how each nation's hopes of reaching the finals next year are looking. In the meantime, tell us what bets you're looking to place on these games. :ok

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, and @Marek76.

I really like the home win of Austria vs Slovenia. (raised to @1.85 at the moment). For me Slovenia are nothing special and if Austria fail probably they will lost their chances for promotion. Austria, Poland and Israel (Poland and Israel - 1st and 2nd for now) are teams on same level with some tides. If anyone has some domestic info it will be helpful.

Edited by ant8n

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Euro Qualification

Greece has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches. (Euro – Qualification)
Scotland scored in last 5 matches. (Euro – Qualification)
Cyprus scored in last 3 away matches. (Euro – Qualification)
Germany has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 away matches. (Euro – Qualification)
Belarus has under 2.5 goals in their last 7 matches. (Euro – Qualification)

You can find interesting 58 Football Betting Streaks for 08.06.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-06-2019-14619

Croatia vs Wales

The 2020 European Championship qualifiers kick-off today and it's my own beloved nation of Wales that start things off in this 2pm match with Croatia that's taking place at the Stadion Gradski Vrt in Osijek. Can Ryan Giggs and his men build on the satisfying 1-0 win over Slovakia in their opening game?

Croatia remain one of the most talented sides in international football. The 2018 World Cup finalists still boast a wealth of talent with the likes of Domagoj Vida, Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic, and Ivan Perisic in their ranks. They will be without key players Ivan Rakitic and Ante Rebic though. Zlatko Dalic saw his team squeeze to a 2-1 win at home to Azerbaijan in their first match. The retirement from international football of Mario Mandzukic has undoubtedly meant a slight change in philosophy so it'll be interesting to see how they set-up against Wales.

Wales have a huge opportunity here. A win would put them clear at the top of Group E. A loss wouldn't be unexpected and would still have them within touching distance of top spot so it's technically a game where they have nothing to lose. The absence of Aaron Ramsey is a huge blow but they didn't need him against Slovakia.

The most concerning statistic for Wales is that Croatia have never lost a home game in European Championship qualifiers. That's a record that stretches back 32 games to 1994 when the country was first entered into competitive action. It's also no defeat in any home game since 2013 for Croatia.

This will be a daunting challenge for Wales. The jury is still out on Giggs as manager but the win over Slovakia showed his tactical nous. The trouble is that conditions in this game are similar to that which Wales faced in the 1-0 friendly loss to Albania. I have a feeling it could be a disappointing yet not unanticipated loss for Wales here. If I was forced to back a result I'd say 2-0 or 2-1 to Croatia.

Croatia to Win to Nil @ 2.30 with Bet365

Croatia HT/FT @ 2.60 with Ladbrokes

Estonia vs Northern Ireland

It might have seemed like a mission impossible group when it was drawn but Northern Ireland have a huge chance to make it three wins from their first three matches in Group C of their 2020 European Championship qualification campaign when they face Estonia in this 5pm kick-off at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn today.

Estonia are a far cry from the squad that reached the 2012 European Championship play-offs but they still have the potential to cause problems on their own patch. Martin Reim's side have limited depth in the talent department with captain Ragnar Klavan being their most high-profile name. Unfortunately, the former Liverpool defender is unavailable for this game.

Northern Ireland will come into this game full of confidence having already beaten Estonia at home 2-0 in their opening game. Manager Michael O'Neill has expressed an intention to turn this group into a three way battle between themselves, Germany, and Netherlands. At the moment, that plan is working and a victory here would really aid that.

Interestingly, Estonia might be 4th in the group but they have only lost 1 of their last 5 matches. All five of those games were played away from home too. The last time Estonia tasted winning at home was back on 30th May, 2018 when they beat Lithuania 2-0 in the Baltic Cup. At the very least, this will be a tough challenge for Northern Ireland but I think they can sneak a narrow win.

Northern Ireland to Win @ 2.00 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.45 with Unibet

Scotland vs Cyprus

Scottish football enters a new era tonight when they face Cyprus in a 7:45pm kick-off at Hampden Park in what will be new manager Steve Clarke's first game in charge. Clarke's appointment comes off the back of an impressive stint managing Kilmarnock and is the first progressive managerial appointment by the Scottish Football Association in quite some time.

Scotland come into this game desperately needing all three points. The Scots suffered an embarrassing 3-0 loss away to Kazakhstan in their opening game and were booed off the pitch after a laboured 2-0 win away to San Marino in their second game. Those results leave the side in 5th place in their group. It's fortunate that they have already booked their spot in the play-offs due to their UEFA Nations League performance.

Cyprus are a side that have often thrown a spanner in the works. Despite never qualifying for a major tournament they are a side that continue to punch above their weight. A population of just over 1 million makes it one of the smallest nations in the qualifiers but they battered San Marino 5-0 at home in their opening game and made Belgium work for their 2-0 win at home. A number of their players play at a very high level including Konstantinos Laifis at Standard Liege, Grigoris Kastanos at Juventus, Anthony Georgiou at Levante, and Pieros Sotiriou at FC Kobenhavn. This won't be easy for Scotland.

The statistics should give Scotland confidence heading into this game. Scotland have won all five of their previous meetings with Cyprus. Cyprus have conceded 10 goals in their two visits to Scotland. This will also be a Cyprus side that has only won 2 of their last 15 matches. Surprisingly, despite Scotland's abject start to this campaign, they have only lost 2 of their last 12 competitive matches.

I'm keen to see how Clarke performs as Scotland manager. He's clearly an astute manager and he'll help Scotland to become a more defensively sound unit. My only worry is that he'll be too conservative. He doesn't have a huge amount of attacking talent to work with on the international stage so can he find the goals needed to get the wins. I think they'll just about manage it here but I'm not sure it'll be a pretty display.

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.74 with MarathonBet

Scotland to Win to Nil @ 2.10 with BetVictor

Serbia allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Faroe Islands has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Norway has under 2.5 goals in their last 7 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Poland won their last 3 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Slovenia has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 away matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)

You can find interesting 27 Football Betting Streaks for 10.06.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-06-2019-14656/

Slovakia allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 5 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Finland has under 2.5 goals in their last 6 away matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
San Marino has over 2.5 goals in their last 7 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Estonia allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)
Moldova has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches. (Euro 2020 qualification)

You can find interesting 34 Football Betting Streaks for 11.06.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-06-2019-14690

Hungary vs Wales

We are back with the 2020 European Championship qualifying action today. Our first preview from this second batch of fixtures is my own Wales travelling to Hungary for a huge game that kicks off at 7:45pm at the Groupama Arena in Budapest. It's a pivotal game for both nations.

Hungary are currently positioned top in Group E on 6 points from their 3 games so far. Manager Marco Rossi saw his team lose their opening game 2-0 away to Slovakia before pulling off a huge 2-1 win at home against Croatia. Their winning spell continued with a 3-1 victory away to Azerbaijan. The bad news for the Hungarians is that midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai appears to be in a battle to be fit to play after being carried off injured in their last game.

Wales will be looking to get a win here. Ryan Giggs claimed his side missed a massive opportunity to upset Croatia in their last game losing 2-1. The Welsh side missed a number of gilt-edged chances to grab a win and shambolic defending saw them concede two goals that proved costly. A number of changes could be made by Giggs with David Brooks and Ethan Ampadu set to start after impressing when coming on against Croatia. A defeat here could see Wales start to drop off the qualification pace.

The head-to-head record is fairly even between these two sides with Wales winning 5, Hungary winning 3, and the sides battling out 2 draws in their 10 meetings to date. The most recent encounter came on 9th February, 2005 when Wales won 2-0 at home. A lot of time has passed since then and this is a dangerous Hungary side. Wales really need a win if they want to look to top this group but a draw wouldn't be a disaster as disappointing as it would be. I think it's the draw that I have to back.

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

BTTS @ 2.10 with Betfair

@jazzman02, @real55555, @hristofor, @Peter_Portman, @Podosfairistis, @Niceguy, @markus808, @Feduloff, @clubgowi, @Neubs, @Hunter12, @salmonman, @JuMeSyn, @recklessrookie, @janesill, @Mustionown, @potus, @kevinjoh, @dinero, @Hutcho_CFC, @roveruk, @matrixman, @Jazzer Isaac, @Dylan Lynch, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @MangoTheThird, @neilovan, @mcsilks, @Ameer, @thfc, @Roy The Boy, @Tim81, @sajtion, @newjack, @Gedkip, @Mindfulness, @Magic0024, @mijOsim, @canaries91, @waynecoyne, @allyhibs, @four-leaf, @Icongene, @malabgd, @Stevecw, @Xcout, @Teodore, @Bobby Vegas, @Darran, @DrO, @mtom, @KikoCy, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @allthethings, @DW_United, @Pipoca, @liamcorrigan86, @vasilli07, @Misa, @Pep004, @rOYS123, @thinkpink63, @ant8n, @BobEire, and @Marek76, what bets are you backing here?

hi @StevieDay1983

i watched wales v croatia and thought they were very poor. You make a good point about Ampadu as he gave the defence protection and also provided impetus and mobility which hitherto had been lacking. I would be wanting him to start if backing wales.

I also wonder whether a focal point such as vokes would be an idea with bale dropping deeper.

29 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

hi @StevieDay1983

i watched wales v croatia and thought they were very poor. You make a good point about Ampadu as he gave the defence protection and also provided impetus and mobility which hitherto had been lacking. I would be wanting him to start if backing wales.

I also wonder whether a focal point such as vokes would be an idea with bale dropping deeper.

Yes, my brother and I had this chat about Vokes. Not sure why Bale kept drifting wide because he's been the focal point recently and it's worked well but we severely missed the creativity of Brooks and Ramsey last game. Ampadu needs to leave Chelsea. He's playing at about 75% right now at best and still bosses the show. I have a bad feeling about tonight. I'm not sure Giggs warrants the "Giggs Out!" cries from some of our fans who wanted Craig Bellamy initially. Giggs has got probably more things right than wrong so far. We need a better display from the spine of our team tonight though and without Ramsey I'm not sure we'll get it unless Ampadu puts in a man of the match display.

Belgium vs Scotland

Steve Clarke has a baptism of fire for his first away match in charge of Scotland when his national team visit the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels to face group leaders and world number one ranked side Belgium for this 7:45pm kick-off in Group I later tonight.

Belgium have found life relatively easy in European Championship qualifying so far. A 3-1 home win against Russia was followed up by a convincing 2-0 win away to Cyprus and a business-like 3-0 victory at home to Kazakhstan. The biggest concern ahead of this clash for head coach Roberto Martinez is how his Scottish wife and her family will treat him after the seemingly inevitable Belgian win.

Scotland scraped through Clarke's opening game in charge against Cyprus with a 2-1 win. The drama was late with the Cypriots seemingly earning a point with 5 minutes remaining. However, Oliver Burke had other ideas with an injury-time winner to give Clarke victory in his first game as national team manager. It was a badly needed 3 points with Scotland having already lost that embarrassing opening game 3-0 to Kazakhstan and then struggling to a 2-0 win against group minnows San Marino.

A number of Scottish players that were in the initial squad for these qualifiers have not travelled to Brussels. These include Tom Cairney, Mike Devlin, Lewis Morgan, and Liam Kelly. Clarke faces a dilemma of whether to stick with Eamonn Brophy up top or bring in match winner Burke. Scotland have only won 4 of the last 18 meetings with Belgium. The two sides previously met at Hampden Park last September with Belgium winning 4-0.

I have to admit, I thought there were sparks of optimism for Scotland after the game on the weekend. It was a typical display from a Clarke side with defence being a priority and play being very much focused on a progressive style. Cyprus playing a similar way only added to what was a dour game overall. There does seem to be more enthusiasm and self-belief in this Clarke squad. Things have been freshened up and even though I don't think they'll win here I actually think they'll give Belgium a very tough game.

Belgium to Win to Nil @ 1.78 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.69 with MarathonBet

Belarus vs Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland will look to maintain their 100% start to European Championship qualification when they travel to the Borisov Arena in Barysaw to play Belarus in this 7:45pm kick-off in Group C tonight. Michael O'Neill's side are top of their group and will move 9 points clear of 3rd place Netherlands with a win here.

Belarus are always a side that promise so much in qualification but constantly fail to deliver. Igor Kriushenko's men have assured themselves of at least a play-off spot thanks to their performance in the UEFA Nations League but they currently sit bottom of this group with three straight defeats. In their defence, their results have been a 4-0 loss away to Netherlands, a narrow 2-1 defeat away to Northern Ireland, and respectable 2-0 loss at home to Germany. It's been far from a disaster but it looks like they'll be cashing in that guaranteed play-off spot.

Northern Ireland's tactical approach to this group has been clear from the start. Play the weaker teams in the group first to get the points on the board, turn the group into a three-way fight for automatic qualification with Germany and Netherlands, and then see what you can get from the four matches against those two nations. So far it's working. Two wins against Estonia and one win against Belarus has given them what they wanted but this is the toughest task to date.

A few ominous facts exist for Northern Ireland ahead of this game. They have never managed to win their first four matches in a qualification campaign. In addition to that, they have never been able to win back-to-back away games in qualification before. Can both of those statistics be broken tonight?

O'Neill pulled off a tactical masterstroke against Estonia with Conor Washington, Josh Magennis, and Jordan Jones all playing key roles in the team's comeback in that game. Will O'Neill start all three in this game? This will be a tough challenge. Belarus might not have any stand-out players but they're a tricky side at home having only lost 1 of their last 5 home games. I'm torn between a draw and a narrow Northern Ireland win. I'm going to show faith in O'Neill's tactical nous and back Norn Iron for the tight win but I'll still slightly bottle it with a draw no bet!

Northern Ireland Draw No Bet @ 1.78 with MarathonBet

Northern Ireland to Score First @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes