** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday May 30th

Not the best days racing you are ever gonna witness and even the Sandown card couldnt get me excited. It finishes off with two class 5 events which just about sums it up. 

I did my few races and found a couple of pointers. In the Carlisle 8.20 race, i had to be against the probable favourite, Hats Off To Larry. He is up 5lb for his win at Chester last week which was gained on quicker ground than he will encounter here. He seems to prefer it riding quick and with at least four of these capable of taking this prize i think he has got his work cut out. 

The Yarmouth 3.50 threw up a very interesting contender. The favourite, Couldnt Could She, won a bad race in a slow time at Brighton the other day and although that tells us that she is fit and well, this is tougher. Hard Toffee was a decent second here last time out on his first run since February and is entitled to go well along with Movie Star who showed up well in three races in Germany last summer. She was well beaten on the all weather at Wolverhampton last time out but may improve for the switch back to turf. Price Prevails hails from a stable that is going very well at the moment and is now 9lb lower than her win here last June. But the one that interested me was the top horse, Le Maharajah. This one has been off the track since October and at first glance would possibly look to be disappointing. After finishing second twice last year, it has to be said that his form did take a downward turn. But he was gelded after those two second places and its possible that the horse just took a lot longer than others to get over it. After his run at Bath in October he had a wind op and has been off the track since. It could well be that the break has done him the world of good and that the wind op has been successful. But the main point to look at here is the form of those two second places last summer. The first of them was when he was beaten just over 4L by Desert Path in a field of sixteen. That winner has gone from strength to strength and is now rated 94. The second of his placings was behind the ex Mick Channon trained Xiang Yin at Beverley. That horse was known as The Night Porter when it was trained over here but is now strutting its stuff in Hong Kong. It left these shores with a mark of 94 and it goes to show that Le Maharajah was truly up against it on those two occasions. He had the 82 rated Roddy behind in third  at Beverley so the ability is there. If this horse is over its ailments and anywhere near its best form then it has to go very close to winning this. 

Views anyone ?

Nice write up mate but a friendly word of advice, try breaking up your piece into small paragraphs, its very hard to read.
Many people these days use mobile phones to access the site and will give up before they get to the selections (if any).

Good luck anyway with Le Maharajah:ok

Richest race of the day is at Sandown

735 Class 3 Ratings

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 18.30.19.png

2pt win Albert Finney  6/1 PP

8 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Ok mate, good stuff:ok

Cant wait til you actually fancy one enough to back :lol

? , Yeah me as well. I did back Sleepy Haven last night which stayed on to get third so a profit was made. It shaped as though a step up to two and a half miles cant come soon enough. He seemed to get a bit outpaced between the woods and the crossing where you can go to and from the village square before staying on again.

But i will only have a bet if all the boxes are ticked and Le Maharajah doesnt do that. That said, if somebody put a gun to my head and told me i had to have a bet then it would 100% be my choice. But there is a bit of guesswork to do and i'm not into guessing. We all know there are enough guessers in this game without adding to them. Its possible that the wind op has worked but we cant be certain. It may have been that the gelding operation last year was a success but the wind problem arose and that was the reason for the drop in form. The fact that they have given the horse plenty of time to recover could be viewed as a positive in so much they wanted to get the horse spot on and today is the day. But then again it could be that they are still unsure and wont know until it has been in a proper race and not just tested on the gallops back home.

Who knows ??? ?